MichaelTheys

Haste and crit points for frost mages

7 posts in this topic

dear,

How much crit points you need for 1%crit? and what's a good haste % for a frost mage? i was thinking at around 15% (20% with your haste buff on that's 25% when mage armor stacks with the one of spriests of boomkins)

greetz

Michael

iirc I like to be between 1822-1860 Crit rating on my frost mage, and I use my gear interchangeably with fire right now and have around 31.5% (edit: in fire) crit raid buffed with that much rating.

As for haste, with my crit sitting comfortably just barely above 26.5% in frost spec with the above rating, I tend to stay right around 15% haste, 20% with armor, and that feels just right for me.

~Sage

Edited by Sagetastic

(Google Translate)

Excuse me but can you confirm which is correct Shatter the equation?

1. multiply by 2 + (50% of 100). 25% x 2 + 50% = 100%

2. multiply by 2 + (50% of my critical). 40% x 2 + 20% = 100%

I'm not sure.

but 26.5% cause of SUPER SECRET 103% crit cap. Blizz is a sneaky lot

~Sage

1 person likes this

If you choose to use Rune of Power rather than Invocation, should you then look to crit cap or continue to acquire haste over crit?

If you choose to use Rune of Power rather than Invocation, should you then look to crit cap or continue to acquire haste over crit?

Right now, as frost, it is not practical to attempt to be crit-capped. You should go with haste over crit with either talent.

~Sage

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bobekzea
      Hello, recently I've checked dps with exsa/agonising, and agonising seems better. Now I'm curious  if stat weight has changed by a big amount, since now mastery does more than it did before, and I'm still using 0.69 vers and 0.29 mast, while thinking that maybe they are more equal  now? Also, is there any counted point in which master poisoner > elaborate planning? Cause now it gives me 6% more dmg on 5 stacks which is surely less than EP.
    • By Avanti
      Who Are We?
      We are a group of returning skilled and experienced wow players that have been playing together since vanilla WoW, boasting ranks as high as US top 10. We have led other guilds to success in the past and are once again looking to do that in Legion.
      What is QQ?
      QQ is a US based semi-hardcore guild full of members who enjoy aggresively and timely clearing mythic raid content. We are planning to compete for US top 100 and are seeking like-minded and exceptional players to help us achieve that goal.
      What are your raid times?
      Our raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (optional Mon) at 8:30pm-11:30/12pm PST 
      Raid invites will go out 15 minutes prior to raid.
      Do you have a VOIP?
      We use Discord. Join us on discord if you have more questions, want to join, or just want to hang out! Check the "Shoutbox" for an invite.
      Roster: We will have a roster of 24 people and wish to stay around that number. We understand real life RNG occurs. 
      Loot: We use a loot council system to evenly distribute loot among our raid.
      What We Expect:
      You have done what you can to min/max your character.
      You are confident in your abilities to play your class, and can take constructive criticism.
      You are aware of and can move from hazardous encounter mechanics, with little negative effect on your dps/healing/etc.
      You are searching for a long term guild to progress into future tiers with.
      Current classes we have a high demand for:
      Druid - Boomkin and Feral
      Priest - Shadow
      Warlock - Destro/Demo
       * Note this is for core spots in Mythic Progression *
      Please note if you don't see your class/spec listed fill free to throw an application in we are always looking for exceptional players to add to our roster.
      Please register on the website and submit an application if you plan on raiding/playing with us. You can register at our website at www.qqwow.shivtr.com
      If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact any one of us.
      Avanti#11824
      Pittu16#11172
      Terenn#1388
    • By Batraaf
      Hello, 
      I was wondering wich mage spec is the best pve spec.
      I've ask a couple of people and in general fire mage is the spec to go they say, but there were also some who said that arcane and frost get some major buffs on the hotfix wednesday, so now I don't know wich spec to choose.
      Can anyone help me with this issue?
    • By Sibelius
      BattleNet Profile
      Looking for some help; was sent here by Blaine.
      I'm at IL 851, 48% crit, 22% mastery. My overall DPS is hanging around 150k to 190k in Mythic+ and The Emerald Nightmare. I'm sure my burst rotation is solid (most the time), but after that I seem to struggle, and I'm hoping for some help, so I can pull about 50k more DPS.
      *Edit: Added better log below.
      Hoping someone can analyze and maybe find some things I'm not doing correctly, so I can work on it.
    • By Agahnim
      Hi all. Looking to reroll from Warlock in 7.1. Looking to start right now. I currently have a priest that I've played for around a decade, but I've always wanted to try mages. Right now, I'm judging them based on viability in Heroic/Mythic Raids and high end mythic dungeons. With the projected buff to shadow priest coming with shadowform coming back adding a flat 10% damage bonus, do you think spriests will be beating fire mages? 

I'm already aware that spriests are weak on mythic+ for lack of aoe, but I have no clue if mages are good at mythic+ either. Just curious if you guys think this 10% boost will bring them up to par. 

tl;dr If I want to do well in mythic raids/dungeons, would you guys recommend shadow priest given the 7.1 buffs, or fire mage?