MichaelTheys

Haste and crit points for frost mages

7 posts in this topic

dear,

How much crit points you need for 1%crit? and what's a good haste % for a frost mage? i was thinking at around 15% (20% with your haste buff on that's 25% when mage armor stacks with the one of spriests of boomkins)

greetz

Michael

iirc I like to be between 1822-1860 Crit rating on my frost mage, and I use my gear interchangeably with fire right now and have around 31.5% (edit: in fire) crit raid buffed with that much rating.

As for haste, with my crit sitting comfortably just barely above 26.5% in frost spec with the above rating, I tend to stay right around 15% haste, 20% with armor, and that feels just right for me.

~Sage

Edited by Sagetastic

(Google Translate)

Excuse me but can you confirm which is correct Shatter the equation?

1. multiply by 2 + (50% of 100). 25% x 2 + 50% = 100%

2. multiply by 2 + (50% of my critical). 40% x 2 + 20% = 100%

I'm not sure.

but 26.5% cause of SUPER SECRET 103% crit cap. Blizz is a sneaky lot

~Sage

1 person likes this

If you choose to use Rune of Power rather than Invocation, should you then look to crit cap or continue to acquire haste over crit?

If you choose to use Rune of Power rather than Invocation, should you then look to crit cap or continue to acquire haste over crit?

Right now, as frost, it is not practical to attempt to be crit-capped. You should go with haste over crit with either talent.

~Sage

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Legendary Yogg Tempo Mage Standard
      By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Legendary Yogg Tempo Mage Standard deck.
    • Strange Stats
      By Crodnoces
      I have played a PvE Fury Warrior for about 2-years and am only an average player.  I recently got 4-pieces of Tier-17 equipment and decided, using Baleful gear and Profession crafted gear, to get my gear stats to the soft caps of CRIT=>25% and HAST=>11%.  When those soft caps were reached, every stat improvement remaining to me went to MAST.  That included anything that WAS NOT needed to maintain the above listed CRIT and HAST stat caps:  enchants, gems, food, flasks and potions.  My total damage and dps in dungeons and raids has gone up by 15% over the course of the last 7 weeks.  Blizzard seems to have made my stats SO COMPLICATED.  And Icy Veins needs to get with the program and update its advice.  My Fury Warrior is no longer CRIT, CRIT, CRIT.
    • Arcane Talents in Legion
      By Belicosa
      Level 15 - Arcane Familiar, PoM, Words of Power
      Level 30 - Shimmer, Cauterize Colds Snap
      Level 45 - MI, RoP, Incanter's Flow
      Level 60 - Supernova, Charged up, Resonance
      Level 75 - Ice Floes, Ring of Frost, Ice Ward
      Level 90 - Nether Tempest, Unstable Magic, Erosion
      Level 100 - Overpowered, Quickening, Arcane Orb
      Source: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/arcane (latest beta build)
      What we're losing - Evanesce, Blazing Speed, Alter Time, Flameglow, Ice Barrier, Frostjaw, Greater Invisibility, Prismatic Crystal
      What I'll miss - Flameglow, Greater Invis,, Prismatic Crystal (I'll miss this one A LOT)
      What looks promising:
         Arcane Familiar - "Summon a Familiar that attacks your enemies and encreases your mana by 10%. Lasts 1 hour."
         Being able to spec both Supernova and Nether Tempest
         Quickening - "AB, AM and AE also grant 2% haste for 6 sec, stacking up to 100 times. This effect is cleared when you
         cast Arcane Barrage."
      Thoughts? I see that we are losing a lot of redundant talents but also some key utility talents.
    • Cheap Mage Standard
      By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Cheap Mage Standard deck.
    • Research Survey For College Student
      By collegechic
      Hello,

I am a college student studying communications. I am currently taking a communications theory class and I need some help! I am writing a case study on WoW using symbolic interactionism to understand realism and relationships inside of WoW. If you could take my short 12 question survey it would be a HUGE help. I am trying to get more players of the game to make my results more diverse. As well I hope to compare the answers from non-players to players. Thank you so much to whoever helps out!! 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LKHFPZ5