FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Priest WoD Alpha/Beta Tester

Cleared LVL 100 Upper Blackrock Dungeon last night on Normal.  I'll try and get the vid up after fireworks.

• Like 1

Here is part 1 of 2  UBRS.  I heard dispelling is hard work.... baddie.

Only a few opening seconds dedicated to Priest specifics here, but I wanted to show the level up "slot machine" that assigns your Draenor Perk for our class.

Spirit Shell is back! Albeit as a talent. Now it's a choice between 15% more damage/healing or an absorption cooldown.. Unless they change disc further in terms of reliable means of throughput I could see people choosing SS to have some means of preventing damage.

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

Spirit Shell is back! Albeit as a talent. Now it's a choice between 15% more damage/healing or an absorption cooldown.. Unless they change disc further in terms of reliable means of throughput I could see people choosing SS to have some means of preventing damage.

Very excited about getting SS back.  I'm still holding off on the "Disc needs more in their toolkit" comment until we get closer to launch but I was happy to see this.    Read Divine Start had it's Cast time removed this build as well.  Not a huge deal since the allowed it to be cast on the run though, IMO.

There was a question earlier about Holy Multi-strike triggering EoL.

Blizz Answer: Yes

Woot!  Congrats man!  Looking forward to seeing some things from ya!

I got the invite too. Time to post some Holy Pall POV videos.

Wait, is this the Priest forums?

• Like 1

Here are two of the bosses from Slag Mines that I posted as Holy in the Alpha, this time as Disc

I saw some Priest Perk changes yesterday.

The one that will effect healing will be them working Inner Focus back in, just called a different name.

-- Empowered Archangel: The first PoH cast after activating AA will be a guaranteed Crit. 

This replaced:

--Enhanced Strength of Soul: Which allowed Strength of Soul to trigger from Penance.

Finally got around to test some stuff this weekend.

Some things are definitely bugged. Holy Fire grants one stack of WOMPOM on every tick and multistrike which is obviously bugged. Penance also grants a tick on every tick used offensively rather than once per cast as when used defensively. You can keep up pom on every single one of your party members like this.

Spirit Shell got fixed with yesterday's build, but seems to heal for less than the actual heal?

One thing I notice is that disciplines inability to recuperate health lost has become a major issue. In current content where most are at full health all of the time and atonement is smart-healing, this is less of an issue, but in content where you're always swinging between 0 and 100 percent health our lack of direct healing really shows. Holy nova may be mana-efficient, but it still hits for very little. Given its additional positional requirement it seems odd that it heals for roughly a fourth of what CoH heals for.

Holy is in the other side of this spectrum. Between Mastery, Renew on steroids and the fact they retained hard hitting spells like Binding Heal and also got their weaker spells buffed, they currently have none of these issues.

Scaling in the 'old' world is redonkulous. I heal myself for 300k hitting mobs with smite just outside shattrath.

Here are the logs to Midwinter's Mythic SoO run on the Beta.  Take a gander at our Priest representation.

I haven't been through all of the healing specs yet, but looking at healing throughput in an unfinished raid in early beta is bound to be disastrous. We're quite low from what I can see, but numbers are far from being final.

A beta is worrying about getting mechanics to work. Once those work, numbers are easy to tweak.

Is it wrong that while moving from pull to pull or even after an encounter is defeated I'm wishing I'll wake up and have Renew as Disc just to help fill up bars on the move before the next pull?!

• Like 1

I have the exact same urge! I tried SBG once as disc before going back to holy. I still have some reservations to the spec, but overall it's both more fun than disc at the moment and much more well-rounded.

I have the exact same urge! I tried SBG once as disc before going back to holy. I still have some reservations to the spec, but overall it's both more fun than disc at the moment and much more well-rounded.

Yes, way more rounded... it's like running on an old school spare in comparison to the Holy toolkit atm.  Sure you can get to where you are going but it's max speed is 45MPH.  LOL

• Like 1

Spot on.

A couple of things that feel awkward as holy:

• Due to the new global 'pandemic' you can extend Renew to 20 seconds(15 glyphed) refreshing it with another cast of Renew. Yet refreshing Renew, either glyphed or not, using single-target abilities reset the ability instead of prolonging it. Renew actually loses potential healing if you need to single-target heal someone in Chakra: Serenity when Renew is rolling on them.
  • Chakra bonuses are blend to say the least. The issue with Renew described above makes the Chakra: serenity bonus worse(although it's still a net increase saving you a global and and extending Renew by duration-time left). Chakra: Sanctuary is not overly attractive. Reducing the cooldown on CoH for every spell cast is just a vicious cycle of using more mana. For Serenity it's at least a mana-free increase to your healing.
  • Chakra: Serenity actually still increases the healing done by your single-target spells. There's a roughly 10% difference between Renew in Chakra: Serenity and every other stance.
  • Prayer of Healing remains the only heal bound to groups.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Priest specific game-play points because our time was so short.  I forgot to switch to DS during 1-stack attempts and I just spammed CoP for the most part on the group taking Inferno Strike.  Overall our group made good progress but the time spent in there was very limited and did not produce any beneficial Priest information on my end. 

• Like 1

Will admit that I'm not a fan of changing ToF on the Beta to only proc off healing for Holy/Disc.  It rewarded you for being on top of the adds health during boss encounters.

• Like 1

It needed to be done really, to balance the tier. I'm not a fan of it either, nor the fact that SS is now one of the choices, but I get their reasoning behind the ToF change.

Finally got around to some raid testing and holy cow do I not like it! It's 70% Renew spam, 10% SoL procs and 20% assorted heals. Mana regeneration is way too low to allow for anything else, not to mention there is no mana-positive rotation at the moment.