FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Priest WoD Alpha/Beta Tester

I received my WoD Alpha invite today and will be putting some time into it this week.  I'll be streaming while Holy and Disc and will post vids of each spec for the dungeons that are available.

Subscribe to the YouTube and Twitch links in my profile to be notified when they are up.  If you come up with a question about the current build of Holy and/or Disc, post it and I'll do my best to get it logged, screenshot, vidcapped, answered, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I'll be sure to follow

EDIT:

Blizz has on several occasions mentioned a desire to nerf smart-heals so that they now target any wounded targets no longer discriminating between actual health levels. Many fear this will make smart heals less viable given they could all hit targets almost at full health. However given their intended design to have everyone under 100% most of the time, this might not be much of an issue.

With the limited dungeon content available to you, how strong would yo consider atonement?

Given the mana cost of Renew being smaller currently than the actual heals you would refresh it with, does the damage pattern of available content lend itself to warrant the single-target healing or is Renew spamming on its own more viable?

I also can't help but wonder how the L100 talents work. If you have toyed around with either, how do WOMPOM, Clarity of Will/Purpose and Saving Grace work for holy/disc, is either considerably more powerful for one or the other?

I could imagine Saving Grace being a go-to choice for disc at the moment to compensate for their lack of direct healing.

Edited by steve

Well streaming was a train wreck this morning. I've run only as Disc and did some recording while running the dungeon Bloodmaul Slag.  I am limited to level 92 at the moment and Alliance side is still not open from my character creation screen, so the L100 question will have to wait a bit.

As far as Atonement.  In the limited runs, 5, that I did so far today Atonement is not productive/smart/dumb enough to use during Boss encounters or trash reliably.  I tried using it as much as I could w/o having complete knowledge of the fights yet and it was definitely a handicap at its current % to hit X target that needs it.  As we discussed about Aliena, the mana regen is not fixed yet, OR is extremely lenient.  I am able to use what ever spell I see fit w/o worry of ooming, even Flash Heal.

I'll get better at the encounters and give you another answer on Atonement then.  I plan on trying some Holy tonight after raid.  I was unfortunate to only unlock the Holy Fire buff at lvl 91 so far.  The one thing that has held true through all runs so far is the approach the Blues wanted in response to heal everyone to full as soon as possible.  It was just not possible for me in Disc to get everyone back up to full quickly, even spamming AA, PoH, Penance CD.  The tank damage requires attention and PoH him to help the raid is not enough sometimes.  It looks like Holy might be different in that a Tank PoH will be enough.  I'll find out soon enough.  Multiply PoMs.....   I really like that change!

EDIT: Heh, just read the Active Regen post....

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

Uploading a partial Holy run and a 1 boss Disc run of Bloodmaul Slag Mines dungeon run to YouTube.  The Holy one is almost a complete run but the Disc was when my stream was giving me fits so it is only 1/3 of the run.  Check them out on the YouTube Channel link in my Sig or Profile.

Thanks for the thorough reply! Looking forward to the videos.

Celestalon has expressed they intend for base mana regen to stay the same as it is now at 0.4% per second.

Come the next alpha build they are implementing healing and tanking dummies, could you be persuaded to take a hit at those too?

Absolutely I can do that.  WCL is still showing logs as invalid, even w/ no event data, was still looking to be able to post some numbers somewhere.

Also, in response to the Renew.  I havent run Serenity yet, stuck w/ Sanc.  I plan on testing it tonight after raid if I don't pass out.  After running Bloodmaul today I definitely had to get used to using Penance on an out of place DPS instead of Renew and forget.  But if the dps was mindful of the surrounds and I just had to heal through boss AE abilities Renew was enough to keep them up w/ the amount you are able to PoH and CoH.  Anything specifically targeted at them was just their own fault.  All my groups have been PuGs so far. I play too early in the morning for the ID friend apparently. lol

I unlocked the Leap of Faith as my second WoD Skill before servers went down again.  Sounds like the next chance I'll be able to get in there will be tomorrow, Monday 6/23.

Edit:  I also wanted to add that; even though all my runs have been pugs, Pally tanks have been the easiest to heal so far.  At least 2 or 3 times easier than the other tanks I've come across.

I think it's also strong to note that until you're at max level the healing/mana regen may be a little OP. This happened to both Cata and MoP when I was running the Beta. They made dungeons while leveling to be cheese and once we dinged max that's when you really felt the changes of the expansion.

• Like 1

I think it's also strong to note that until you're at max level the healing/mana regen may be a little OP. This happened to both Cata and MoP when I was running the Beta. They made dungeons while leveling to be cheese and once we dinged max that's when you really felt the changes of the expansion.

Ya, they last Blue post on the subject I saw echoed that as well.

• Like 1

Celestalon already published their intended mana regeneration rates for warlords.

Base mana regen will continue to be 0.4% of max mana per second(it'll be 0.8% at 90 come 6.0 and then decrease by 0.04 for every level to 100), whereas spirit is buffed to 0.412207024 mana per second per spirit(compared to the current 0.1128~ mana per second per spirit.

A thing to keep in mind though is they have reduced mana costs of spells while at the same time removed mana regen cooldowns, so how our mana economy will be at lvl 100 is hard to say.

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

Celestalon already published their intended mana regeneration rates for warlords.

Base mana regen will continue to be 0.4% of max mana per second(it'll be 0.8% at 90 come 6.0 and then decrease by 0.04 for every level to 100), whereas spirit is buffed to 0.412207024 mana per second per spirit(compared to the current 0.1128~ mana per second per spirit.

A thing to keep in mind though is they have reduced mana costs of spells while at the same time removed mana regen cooldowns, so how our mana economy will be at lvl 100 is hard to say.

Meant to ask ya Steve.  On the Dummies in the next build, did you want to see the numbers in-game w/ and w/o gear? Or is there somewhere I can post the combatlogs for you to use?

• Like 1

Meant to ask ya Steve.  On the Dummies in the next build, did you want to see the numbers in-game w/ and w/o gear? Or is there somewhere I can post the combatlogs for you to use?

WarcraftLogs allows parsing Alpha logs.  Just open the uploader and look in the upper right corner for the game selector.

• Like 2

WarcraftLogs allows parsing Alpha logs.  Just open the uploader and look in the upper right corner for the game selector.

O man... All this time wasted.  Thanks for that Hybrys!

I realise I may not have been clear.

I'm not so much interested in seeing numbers as they are very likely to change before release(looking back at the talent tree overhaul between alpha and beta is but one example of potential changes). I'm ever so much more interested in seeing how they actually work: whether they put you in combat, allow for procs to happen like say ToF and if there's a way to test out things such as AE healing.

I realise this might be asking a bit much, but I'm eager to get things tested even if by proxy :P

• Like 1

I realise I may not have been clear.

I'm not so much interested in seeing numbers as they are very likely to change before release(looking back at the talent tree overhaul between alpha and beta is but one example of potential changes). I'm ever so much more interested in seeing how they actually work: whether they put you in combat, allow for procs to happen like say ToF and if there's a way to test out things such as AE healing.

I realise this might be asking a bit much, but I'm eager to get things tested even if by proxy tongue.png

Copy. Will do.

• Like 1

Another day, another push back. Fingers crossed they are up tomorrow.

Seeing a lot of action about Beta Invites that went out today.  Any other Priest's in here snag an invite today?

Been more or less an active subsriber since 2005, but sadly got no invite : /.. Hopefully soon. I need to get started on numbers.

Yeah I'm wondering how they classified "veteran" players. I'm sure you'll get the invite in phase 2.

Been more or less an active subsriber since 2005, but sadly got no invite : /.. Hopefully soon. I need to get started on numbers.

: /

I haven't been able to make time for the Alpha/Beta since Monday.  Still haven't forgotten about the Healing dummies, that is if you haven't come across the answer yet.  It's still on my list, along w/ Alliance Garrison, Random Draenor Level-up Skill vid, New dungeon while in Holy w/ Sanc and Sere active and Atonement Mulitstrike multiple target answer.

Yeah I'm wondering how they classified "veteran" players. I'm sure you'll get the invite in phase 2.

Looking forward to both of you getting in there A.S.A.P.

Update:

Finally got on the Beta some last night.  Ran into the World Boss Echidna, which I also posted in the WoD General Forums

Also got around to cutting out the clutter of the Garrison Cookie Crumb Questline to start your plot on Draenor.  I left the Quest titles up on screen if you want to pause and read them but I cut out most of the quest themselves to get you from point to point in Shadowmoon Valley and create your Alliance Garrison.

Seeing a lot of action about Beta Invites that went out today.  Any other Priest's in here snag an invite today?

Hi all - I received my invite and have been on in between server glitches - about halfway to 91 and am looking forward to trying a dungeon.

Edited by Maplefire
  • Like 3

Grats!  The LFD was turned off last night and you had to old school chatspam then walk in.  I knocked out some other vids instead.

Nothing new, these are the ones referenced on the first page but it has been brought to my attention people feel safer w/ the vid linked.  Which is why i started doing it last week.  Here they are again.