[Arcane] Mastery over Intellect Gems

3 posts in this topic

I am pondering the idea of going mastery over int, due to the point that at high gear levels 2% of mastery is valued more than at low levels due to percentages. I was wondering if there is an actual breakpoint in MoP that will make 160mastery value more than 80 intellect. 

or TL:DR does the percentage of mastery ever overpower int at high gear

here is my toon as well.

If I am not mistaken (i'll double check) 160 mastery is always stronger than 80 intellect.
It's just you should aim not to break socket bonuses that forces you to sometimes use int/mastery gems.

2 secondary stats > 1 Intellect.

So a 160 exp 160 mastery gem is preferable over a 80 Int 160 Mastery Gem (if you reach hit cap that way ofc).

I'll double check when i got the tools (aka my own pc....)

1 person likes this

With mana hard-capped extra int goes to spellpower, which is weaker than mastery, especially for arcane if you manage your mastery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Friedbones
      I've been reading the changes on the new 7.1 patch from today.  I noticed that for the Arcane Mage, Arcane Charges now increase mana costs by 125% (was 100%).
      So, how is this an improvement for mana management?  I stopped playing my Arcane spec because I had trouble with mana control.  Why does increasing the cost help when the spec already is mana starved in so many ways?  I am not the best player and admit I have trouble with the mana control on this spec.  But, I don't have that trouble with either of my other mage specs (or for that matter my lock regarding mana).  
      It just doesn't make any sense to me to increase the cost when we already have a problem.  Can someone please explain this to me?
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an alliance guild on the PVE server Uldum, we are currently 4/7 mythic and looking to add 1 mage to our ranks. Union has been around since Vanilla and has had the same core of raiders for years. We pride ourselves on raiding just 10 hours per week and being able to maintain top 150 US throughout the last tiers of raiding. We raid:

Tuesday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Thursday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Sunday 7-11 EST (4-8 PST)

We are looking for a mage that not only parses high, but has good survival instincts and always comes prepared to each raid.

Hit me up in game: Stormcaster#1629
    • By Narii625
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      Currently we are using the EPGP system ( The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [3/7H] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. We have an event coming up on 10/25 (Saturday) for the release of patch 7.1 Return to Karazhan! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!
      If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, ID: Narii#1891