Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heather

Heroic Plague Quarter - Only Hunter Decks

1 post in this topic

My favorite deck to play is Hunter, so I thought it would be fun to try to defeat all the Heroic Plague Quarter bosses using only Hunter decks. Here's what I used.

Noth the Plaguebringer

My idea for this deck was have high cards he couldnt kill easily but to be able to counter the 5/5 skeletons he summons if he did kill my minions. I didnt sacrifice any of my minions unless I absolutely had to and tried to aoe to keep his minions to a minimum. The webspinners came in handy becuase he never focused them and it gave me steady damage.

2x Timber Wolf
2x Webspinner
2x Explosive Trap
2x Misdirection
2x Snipe
2x Animal Companion
2x Deadly Shot
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash the Hounds
2x Multishot
1x Houndmaster
2x Explosive Shot
1x Tundra Rhino
1x Lord of the Arena
1x Reckless Rocketeer
1x Savannah Highmane
2x Sunwalker
1x Core Hound

There were times when I wished I had a silence of some sort or a flare but ended up winning without them on the second attempt.

Heigan the Unclean

The idea for this deck is to have high health/damage minions and minions with divine shield to take the damage from his hero power. Stoneskin Gargoyle was really helpful. I also relied heavily on spells instead of minions since he can usually destroy yours in very few turns.

2x Hunter's Mark
2x Arcane Shot
2x Timber Wolf
2x Explosive Trap
2x Misdirection
2x Snipe
1x Scavenging Hyena
2x Deadly Shot
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash the Hounds
2x Stoneskin Gargoyle
2x Multi Shot
2x Explosive Shot
1x Tundra Rhino
1x Savannah Highmane
2x Sunwalker
1x Core Hound

I realized during the battle I should have had more divine shield cards but again I won this one on the second attempt without them.

Loatheb

The idea behind this deck was really just to stay alive. I packed as many minions that could heal me as possible. I also tried to have some minions that wouldnt be wiped out with his "do 1 damage to all enemy minions" card, but I have to say, hounds are handy after killing spores.

2x Hunter's Mark
2x Shieldbearer
2x Timber Wolf
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Explosive Trap
2x Snipe
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Ironbeak Owl
2X Nerubian Egg
2x Unstable Ghoul
2x Unleash the Hounds
2x Demolisher
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Stoneskin Gargoyle
2x Priestess of Elune

This was by far the most challenging and the most fun. This one took me many, many attempts. I'm sure this deck isn't the best deck, and probably not even the best hunter deck to challenge Loatheb with, but I was so close so many times and I was sure if I just got the right starting hand I could defeat him, and I did.