FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 6.2

Focus fire is passive now that should be updated and the guide changed to reflect updated rotations.

Focus Fire is NOT a passive, Frenzy is.  Frenzy is what stacks up to 5 stacks on a 40% chance on each of your pet's Basic Attacks (bite/claw/smack) and increases pet attack speed by 4% per stack.  Focus Fire is an active button you press to gain 6% haste and 2% AP per stack for 20s and is best used at 5 stacks for maximum benefit (this has been proven to be a dps loss to use it at anywhere less than 5 stacks).

Edited by Orthios

Hi,i've been following this guide since wod launch,but i just checked Mr Robot and it recommends mastery gems and enchants,should i do it or should i keep multistrike ? here is my character http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Elvyne/simplethanks in advance.

Ask Mr. Robot is a tool not a guide. You might want to check out our forums, maybe you will find the answer to your question. :)

Hi,i've been following this guide since wod launch,but i just checked Mr Robot and it recommends mastery gems and enchants,should i do it or should i keep multistrike ? here is my character http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Elvyne/simplethanks in advance.

Oltier is correct that AMR is just a tool. That being said, it recommending mastery for BM is correct. However, if you play SV or MM the multistrike enchants are worth a lot more, and are your safest option without re-gemming/re-enchanting each time you switch specs.

Guest Blood

This guide has changed 3 times in the last month with regard to BM priorities, enchants and gems. It's getting expensive. 

This guide has changed 3 times in the last month with regard to BM priorities, enchants and gems. It's getting expensive. 

So your problem is that the guide is up-to-date? :)

Guest moffin87

I can't get the weakaura string for focus fire to work for the life of me. It imports fine and when WA is open I see the icons etc working properly but I've been trying lots of different playstyles in combat but nothing ever shows up, not even at 5 stacks of frenzy.

Anyone know about this?

I can't get the weakaura string for focus fire to work for the life of me. It imports fine and when WA is open I see the icons etc working properly but I've been trying lots of different playstyles in combat but nothing ever shows up, not even at 5 stacks of frenzy.

Anyone know about this?

Do they not load at all, or they load, but don't get displayed?

sorry just want to ask. Can I see the guide for past patch (like mop or cata)? If I can, where can I find it? thx for the answ. 

To my extent of knowledge, we don't store the guides for past patches, as they are irrelevant for the future patches.

Guest kajium

what about using barrage between the kill commands during bestial wrath, even on single target? any suggestions?

Guest Guest-Hunter

Have a question... how about mastery? I read that master, crit and haste are very similar.. how is that compared to multistrike? 

It seems for some reason some hunters are doing better in aoe situations using multistrike rather than mastery as their main stat, is that so? (at least what I am being told).

Finally is there some sort of soft or hard cap on mastery? How much mastery is enough? 
I am currently sitting at 60% , I don't know if that is too much :/

Thanks! !

Guest Edski

Have a question... how about mastery? I read that master, crit and haste are very similar.. how is that compared to multistrike? 

It seems for some reason some hunters are doing better in aoe situations using multistrike rather than mastery as their main stat, is that so? (at least what I am being told).

Finally is there some sort of soft or hard cap on mastery? How much mastery is enough? 

I am currently sitting at 60% , I don't know if that is too much :/

Thanks! !

Same question for me about cap. Is there a point when u have % mastery u should go for a bit of haste or multistrike?

Greetz,

Edski

The only hunter spec to have any stat soft caps is marksmanship's 53% crit cap.

Guest Amewu

Anyone know about this?

i have the same problem...any solution??? when weak aura is open it shows the icon correctly but after closing nothing happens in fight sad.png

Guest Guest

Uhm this is a total noob ques. (So sorry)

I had been playing for a good long, but had to take a baby-having-break for a couple. Now I am back, but I don't have a clue how to use the build?
Or in fact I don't see a build... (is this right?)

I do not get the "tier" thing...?

The rotation thing I get. We had those when I was growing up to biggrin.png

Uhm this is a total noob ques. (So sorry)

I had been playing for a good long, but had to take a baby-having-break for a couple. Now I am back, but I don't have a clue how to use the build?

Or in fact I don't see a build... (is this right?)

I do not get the "tier" thing...?

The rotation thing I get. We had those when I was growing up to biggrin.png

Tier refers to the tier pieces for this raid tier (T17).  Or it could refer to a talent tier, which i will explain below.

Depending on how long of a break you took, the talents system has changed pretty drastically.  The talent tree style has been replaced, and now every 15 levels up to level 90 and then at level 100 you gain 1 talent point to spend on your choice of three (3) talents, each of which can have a different (if any, depending on the talent) impact on how you execute your rotation (these are the different talent "tiers").  For a hunter, the level 60, 75, 90, and 100 talent "tiers" are the ones that will change your rotation and affect your dps (also known as the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th tier talents, as they are the 4th-7th talent point that you get).  

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to create an account and ask us in the hunter sub-forum.

Guest Guest

I really like the guide on BM hunters but it is missing one thing on what pet to pick and the spec it should be in. That info would be a great for guide.

I really like the guide on BM hunters but it is missing one thing on what pet to pick and the spec it should be in. That info would be a great for guide.

• Like 2

Guest ZECCHH

Hi Thanks for the GUIDE.

I'm not sure about the opening of BM Hunter.  Can any hunter gurus post your opening here?

According to The guide I should use the Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, whenever wow_icon_ability_hunter_bestialdisciplin Stampede is active, then should I use focus fire as long as I get one stack of it during the opening? Or should I wait for longer?

By the way, am I  able to get frenzy stacks during the focus fire? 

Thanks

Yes, it means to use Focus Fire regardless of the amount of stacks you have during stampede, so you will most likely have one or two.  And yes, you are able to gain more Frenzy stacks while Focus Fire is active.