FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Windwalker Monk 6.2

Hello, I have a question about our teir 100 talents, You have that hurricane strikes is useful for burst only.. Is it totally un-viable in all *real* situations? You have no stat priority for it and no comment on how to use it properly in the rotation section.  Even with its latest buff is it no good? 

Thanks 

This guide has been a bit short on explaining some of the finer details of monks, and it seems there isn't any other viable source of info. In my experience hurricane strikes is wildly underwhelming in general and at this point there isn't a single fight I'd take it over serenity or chi explosion.

Guest jethrogibbs

So I am a bit confused about stat priority. There are 2 tables for stat priority which are dependent on the tier 7 talent taken, but it seems all other information in the guide defaults to tier 7 being only Serenity. If haste is a higher priority stat when Chi Explosion is taken as tier 7, shouldn't gemming/consumables prefer haste over multistrike?

Guest Earendil

I think this guide is missing a couple of things for single-target with less than 2 chi.  If you have a Combo Breaker proc (other than Chi Explosion), I think you want to use it as a higher priority than Jab.

Guest Audrin

I wanted to note there's at least one more minor glyph with SOME utility, namely Glyph of Zen Flight. In zones where you can fly, which draenor is eventually joining, it's an instant cast flying mount. The speed on it is crap (does not scale with riding) but b/c it's instant cast it can save you from any fall, provided you can fly there. Same advantage druids have - enemies chasing you, you're about to die, jump off a cliff and proc. Survival! SO yeah, no raid usage I can think of, no DPS increase, but i'd argue more useful (certainly as useful) as the Sprit/water roll glyphs you suggest.

Guest Emaria

I notice that Icy Veins, in making a WoW guide for a particular class and spec, uses "expert" reviews by players that do not play that spec!!  This has been true (thus far) for the Beast Master Hunter (reviewed by Marksmanship Hunters) and the Windwalker Monk (reviewed by a Brewmaster Monk).    I tried to use these experts' armory pages to see how they are weighting their stats, but unfortunately the information there is useless because they are not playing my spec.   What is unfortunate is that these experts are presented as if they do play the particular spec being reviewed.  Being an expert should bring not only fame and admiration, but also a bit of responsibility.   Can these players not notify Icy Veins if they are going to change spec?  Can Icy veins not check these things from time to time??   Icy veins is regarded widely as an authoritative source, so I am puzzled by the lack of legitimate expert reviews.   

I notice that Icy Veins, in making a WoW guide for a particular class and spec, uses "expert" reviews by players that do not play that spec!! This has been true (thus far) for the Beast Master Hunter (reviewed by Marksmanship Hunters) and the Windwalker Monk (reviewed by a Brewmaster Monk). I tried to use these experts' armory pages to see how they are weighting their stats, but unfortunately the information there is useless because they are not playing my spec. What is unfortunate is that these experts are presented as if they do play the particular spec being reviewed. Being an expert should bring not only fame and admiration, but also a bit of responsibility. Can these players not notify Icy Veins if they are going to change spec? Can Icy veins not check these things from time to time?? Icy veins is regarded widely as an authoritative source, so I am puzzled by the lack of legitimate expert reviews.

I'll leave you with Azor's response to someone who asked a similar question I. The BM hunter comments thread:

Finally, one does not technically need to know how to play a spec to give guidance of it. In a game of numbers and math, everything can be simulated or figured out through math. Of course, that is not a good idea at all since personal experience goes a long way in advising about a spec when you have played at a high level.

Despite the both of us playing MM, we've extensively theory crafted and previously played BM.

To summarize, just because a reviewer isn't currently playing a certain spec does not mean they aren't an expert at it and/or didn play it previously.

Guest dboll

To have Gift of Multistike listed as the top back enchant is a waste of money since the speed boost will not stack with the Windwalking buff from Stance of the Fierce Tiger.  I just wasted 1000g

To have Gift of Multistike listed as the top back enchant is a waste of money since the speed boost will not stack with the Windwalking buff from Stance of the Fierce Tiger.  I just wasted 1000g

I do not think this is true. From what I see (and our Windwalker Monk reviewer confirms this), the movement speed provided by Gift of Multistrike does stack with the movement speed boost from Stance of the Fierce Tiger. So, you did not waste 1000 gold!

Guest M

The tournament gladiator gear is listed but it does not mention that you can only use it in wargames. It is useless otherwise.

Guest Aserdp

New player experience:

Dont go for a Windwalker .. it is no good for Solo or even for farming. The spec is severely nerfed and handicapped as of today. 

Better luck with DK if you want to solo

Sign in to follow this