Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Windwalker Monk 6.2

37 posts in this topic

For WW pvp mostly, cuz I only have pvp gear, what gems is now viable?

I currently have 10 agi reds, 5 agi 5 pvp P in blue, and 5 agi 10 haste in yellow.. 

but now that reforging is no more, should I prioritize something unheard of differently or ?

Any tip or help are most welcome and appriciated :)

is it still worth gemming agi or should we be using secondary stats in our gem slots

It is indeed no longer worth it to gem Agility over secondary stats.

Is Mongoose weapon enchant better then Dancing steel now? Dancing steels gives 103 agi while mongoose gives 120 agi and 30 haste. 

It would be if you were level 60-. Since you are above it, it gives you less.

Great guide by the way! I think you did a little mistake putting multistrike as first stat priority as Justmonk is trying to reach a 30% haste breakpoint and goes for crit after.

Great guide by the way! I think you did a little mistake putting multistrike as first stat priority as Justmonk is trying to reach a 30% haste breakpoint and goes for crit after.

I dunno.  It depends on how Chi Explosion interacts with Multistrike;  if you multistrike with more than 3 chi (extra tiger's brew), does each multistrike also give you more tigers brew.

I do not agree with your stat priority. At the moment due to stat squish and changes how haste works out 100 haste is equaling to 1% haste and a lot of items lacking haste (because of presence of extra secondary stats of multi-strike and versatility on gear) haste is turning out to be pretty low and WWs burn out of energy more often than not. So I would actually place Haste on the top of the list then multistrike, versatility, crit and then mastery. Also please note that even with ascension on and empowered chi giving you a total of 6 chi slots, it is impossible to get full benefit of 6 chi slots without having enough haste to generate jabs which is primary source of chi 

I disagree, I don't think stacking haste works as well as one would think. I initially thought stacking it would be beneficial and stacked it as much as I could, but I found I had to put in way more effort to gem for haste than it was worth. I too want the feeling pre-6.0 monks had where it felt like I could spam whatever I wanted, but that really is not possible anymore. Careful resource and rotation management will make you not be so energy starved. 

Justmonk looks like they're gemming for multistrike as well. 

I'd say that your stat priority would fit more in line with taking Serenity instead of Chi Explosion because with Serenity you're going to be energy capped a lot more. Chi Explosion should try and prioritize haste a lot more.While I don't really know if haste is better than multistrike still; I definitely believe it's better than 5th priority

What about the other level 100 Talents? Only Chi Explosion is mentioned. If this is the only viable option, then why mention Blackout Kick in the single target rotation?

I'd like to hear more about Chi Explosion. For example, is it ever worth using 4 Chi on a single target? It looks like Tiger Palm does more damage for the 1 Chi, which makes it annoying to use Tiger Palm then Chi Explosion with 3 Chi, but it becomes impractical if I ever have more than 4 Chi, maybe from using Chi Brew so it wouldn't cap.

Yeah, I would like to hear what stat prio I should go for when using Serenity aswell. I do not like Chi Explosion at all, and Hurricane strike seems like a waste of Chi. Please update as soon as possible!

On the Aoe section you mention using ChiEx at 4 chi when facing 3 or more Targets. This won't do you no good when they are spread more then 8 yards. Might be worth mentioning in the guide. Same applies to the use of SCR or RJW ofcourse.

I disagree, I don't think stacking haste works as well as one would think. I initially thought stacking it would be beneficial and stacked it as much as I could, but I found I had to put in way more effort to gem for haste than it was worth. I too want the feeling pre-6.0 monks had where it felt like I could spam whatever I wanted, but that really is not possible anymore. Careful resource and rotation management will make you not be so energy starved. 

Justmonk looks like they're gemming for multistrike as well. 

Dude I put my theory to test. Used a bunch of gear i got from instances about 6 or 7 for each slot and tested my theory against icy-veins against EJs. For me the one that worked most is haste(16%)>>Multistrike>crit=versatility>>haste>mastery

Very dissapointed in this WW section. Only listing Chi Explosion and stat priority for it (a priority that's not even really followed by most of the top monks), and no efforts to post BiS lists despite raids already out makes this guide pretty outdated / incomplete.

I used to think icy-veins was pretty spot-on but this is making my faith in your guides drop extremely.

Which one is correct?

"Chi Explosion Icon Chi Explosion causes several alterations to how your abilities should be used. We have covered most of these throughout the guide, but there is one more important one. If you are using Chi Explosion, this ability will replace Blackout Kick Icon Blackout Kick in your single target rotation, and it will become the last in order of priority, to be used only with 3 or more Chi."

"Regarding Rising Sun Kick, it is important to note that if you are using Chi Explosion Icon Chi Explosion, then it is better to spend Chi on that instead of on Rising Sun Kick. In that case, Rising Sun Kick will only be used as needed to maintain the debuff it applies."

I think there should be a mention about the change in Tiger Strikes. It's now important to use stacks and other cd's around it's proc, and should be explained in this guide. Same goes for deeper rotation on Chi explosion, Serinity and in general the monk "opener" in raids. Explenation on how and when to use Tiger brew would also be nice to see. Otherwise a nice guide, that lets you pick up the basics of the ww monk

Guide needs updated. As of the 1/7/15 hotfixes WW now should prefer 2H weapons to dual wield. They are fairly close in DPS, but 2H works to be slightly higher.

RSK should be used every time it's off cooldown. For only 2 Chi, it still hits harder than a 4 Chi ChiX. I may not be top world ranked but it's just common sense.

RSK should be used every time it's off cooldown. For only 2 Chi, it still hits harder than a 4 Chi ChiX. I may not be top world ranked but it's just common sense.

I would disagree, at least with the gear my monk is currently at. RSK does on average 11.1k damage, while ChiX does 1712 plus 1712 per chi spent, plus the 50% dot. This is 1712*5*1.5, which is 12840. You could argue that RSK is more damage per chi spent, which might be valid, but it doesn't hit as hard, or they scale differently.

inv_glyph_minormonk.jpgGlyph of Blackout Kick there is a mistake. So, the glyph is minor, not major, so it is gonna be must for lazy monks, because you need heal from the spell in very rare situation. actually, i just learned, that this spell heals you. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0