BrightBrown

PoM Macro?

9 posts in this topic

I'm using a variant of the suggested PoM/Pyro macro suggested in your guide. It doesn't seem to work... as in with a single press, it "long" casts Pyro... what am I doing wrong?

#show Pyroblast

/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0

/use Lifeblood

/cast Prescence of Mind

/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

/script UIErrorsFrame:Show()

/cast Pyroblast

Would it make a difference if you replaced /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() by /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() ?

Argh, I did NOT see that, thanks for seeing it! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do the trick, when I invoke the macro, PoM seems to NOT get used/cast (I put it on my bar so I could see it "cooling down" and it did not) and I have the 3+ sec cast time for the Pyro.

Not terribly familiar with macro code... but maybe it's that you can't have 2 cast commands in one macro that doesn't use "/castsequence?" Or could it be some interference w/Lifeblood? This has been a long standing macro Ive used where I just inserted the cast for PoM... can the order of commands be a factor?

And thanks for all you do!

I'm not positive, but your best bet is to test for yourself. Just put POM on your bars, use Lifeblood, and see if it puts POM on a temporary CD. If so, then they will not work together in a macro, and that is your problem.

~Sage

Sorry I was being lazy thinking someone could spot the issue... took some time to find out what was going on and found that with only 2 statements in the macro, cast PoM and Pyro, it does NOT work.

THEN I realized what an idiot I am... d/oh, it's spelled Presence, not Prescence!

I'm going to go rain some fire on my own head to atone!

1 person likes this

Sorry I was being lazy thinking someone could spot the issue... took some time to find out what was going on and found that with only 2 statements in the macro, cast PoM and Pyro, it does NOT work.

THEN I realized what an idiot I am... d/oh, it's spelled Presence, not Prescence!

I'm going to go rain some fire on my own head to atone!

Lol! I didn't catch that :P

Always. Always. ALWAYS.

Test your macros here: Fitzcairn's Macro Explain-o-matic

This site is very useful :U

However, I noticed it doesn't want to recognize the difference between /use and /cast.

Wait, not so much the DIFFERENCE, but the fact that they are one in the same. I put in a macro that has " /use [@focus] Polymorph " into it and it said it didn't recognise the ITEM.

silly little things like this don't demean its overall usefulness at all though :P

~Sage

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kirwow
      Hey there!
      I've recently started playing a mage, and I feel like my performance is a little below where it should be right now... I feel like I have the basics of the fire rotation down, but I really want to make any improvements that I can.. I don't really know where i'm going wrong, or what i'm doing that is causing a gap in numbers between me and similarly geared players. I have a log from a normal Xavius fight from earlier, maybe someone could take a look at it and point out any mistakes or give a few pointers?
      Thanks for your time!
      WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xDnCkjbgT7qfMXt1
      armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Networks/advanced
    • By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Archimage
      Druid Talent Macros:
      Restoration:
      /use [talent:1/1] Prosperity; [talent:1/2] Cenarion Ward; [talent:1/3] Abundance
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [talent:3/2] Cat Form; [talent:3/3] Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Tree of Life; [talent:5/3] Cultivation
      /use [talent:6/1] Spring Blossoms; [talent:6/2] Inner Peace; [talent:6/3] Germination
      /use [talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity; [talent:7/2] Stonebark; [talent:7/3] Flourish
      Guardian:
      /use [talent:1/1] Brambles; [talent:1/2] Bristling Fur; [talent:1/3] Blood Frenzy
      /use [talent:2/1] Guttural Roars; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:1,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:1,talent:3/2] Cat Form; Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc; [talent:5/3] Galactic Guardian
      /use [talent:6/1] Earthwarden; [talent:6/2] Guardian of Elune; [talent:6/3] Survival of the Fittest
      /use [talent:7/1] Rend and Tear; [talent:7/2] Lunar Beam; [talent:7/3] Pulverize
      Balance:
      /use [talent:1/1] Force of Nature; [talent:1/2] Warrior of Elune; [talent:1/3] Starlord
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:4, talent:3/1] Cat Form; [stance:4,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Moonkin Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; [talent:5/3] Stellar Flare
      /use [talent:6/1] Shooting Stars; [talent:6/2] Astral Communion; [talent:6/3] Blessing of the Ancients
      /use [talent:7/1] Fury of Elune; [talent:7/2] Stellar Drift; [talent:7/3] Nature's Balance

Feral:
      /use [talent:1/1] Predator; [talent:1/2] Blood Scent; [talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration
      /use [stance:2,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:2,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Cat Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: King of the Jungle; [talent:5/3] Savage Roar
      /use [talent:6/1] Sabertooth; [talent:6/2] Jagged Wounds; [talent:6/3] Elune's Guidance
      /use [talent:7/1] Brutal Slash; [talent:7/2] Bloodtalons; [talent:7/3] Moment of Clarity

General Focus Macros:
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Entangling Roots
    • By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By lybrewa
      Preface:
      - First post on Ice Veins - only recently started using the site but, omg, savior
      - Been playing Warcraft for about 4 years, off and on... still consider myself a newb
      - Boosted a blood elf mage to 100, thinking I'd only use it for farming
      - Got myself all three artifacts and up to 110 as frost

So, I got sick of the low dps that frost mage was providing in dungeons and was getting killed frequently. Others in my parties would get very frustrated with me. I didn't blame them.
      Today I switched to Fire mage. Of course, I'm not familiar with all the spells but WOW. I tried killing some withered in Suramar just to test it out and they demolished me. Ice Barrier was always my go-to as Frost and if my shield went down before I could recast, I'd cast Mirror Image to take the damage for me.
      (I HATE that mages have no in-combat heal)
      Looking for help. Tell me if you need me to post anything. Like I said; total newbie. Most acronyms frighten me and there are lots of terms I don't know, lol.
      I'm thisclose to finishing Pathfinder Part 1. Should probably stick to Frost until I get it, but I would like to go Fire after that. Preferably without dying.