Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Having Issues Leveling as Prot

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, if it's not, I will remove it.

A while back, I made a paladin and leveled him to 68. I have never tanked before, and thought it was fun so I planned to run with it. However, since the squish I have been dying once a run, at least. I'm in full heirlooms, with all of them enchanted. I don't know if it's me, or my healers or what, but I really don't think I'm cut out for tanking, anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by vekkt0r

Honestly I can't say I can help much beyond saying try to keep using CDs often and optimizing your rotation to put out shield of the righteous.

I know why you're worried though. pre 6.0 I had a 65 warrior that could almost solo dungeons, now I'm dying to stuff fairly often. My biggest concern is that it's likely due to Armor. I'm only reducing ~35% damage from Armor on my fully enchanted boa tank. That sounds like I'm taking 2x more damage now, along with the strange balance of the squish.

Thanks for the response.

Does it get better at 90? Should I just suck it up and push through?

90 is definitely a very smooth experience if you're fighting things appropriate to your gear level.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hitry
      Hi I am working on a sim for prot warrior since simulationcraft doesn't work for it currently, you can check it out here if you like:
      It runs pretty slow so scaling will take a lot of time. Have some problems with it still, like where haste will give more or less uptime on shield block depending on the current rating for some reason. If you find any other bugs please let me know. Currently for me it reports armor>haste>mastery>vers>strength>crit, with armor pretty far ahead - could be that darkmoon fair armor trinket is worth a try!
    • By Glorion
      yesterday i completed my set pieces for the "Fortitude of nightborne " - set.
      Both pieces are only itemlevel 840.
      This is my current equip -->óriòn/advanced
      My question is now and i'm really not sure:
      Is it worth to use it because of the set bonus or not in comparison to the current breast and shoulder?
      Thanks in advance for your hints.
    • By Ludavyk
      Server: Zul'jin - Horde
      Raid Times: 7-10pm EST - T/W
      Celestial Being is recruiting to round out our mythic roster. The core of our team has Mythic experience including top 50 US experience. Mythic experience is preferred, along with current logs. We raid on a brief schedule and expect people prepared to progress.
      Current Needs:
      Priest - All Specs
      Shaman - Elemental/Enhancement
      Druid - Feral
      Paladin - Ret
      Exceptional players of all classes will be considered, feel free to discuss.
      Please contact for more information.
    • By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)