Tempo Swing Paladin Build

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

I've only been playing Hearthsone for about 8 weeks. I've wasted a small fortune on sucking at Arena but it has given me a fairly reasonable collection. With a long history in social Magic the Gathering I thoroughly enjoy deck building. I have top tier builds for most classes and some very unorthodox alternatives.

I have built most netdeck versions of Paladin and have experimented with all sorts of styles. I've finally come up with a build that is not only fun to play but does suprisingly well against some of the power decks going around including Hunter, Handlock, Control Warrior, Ramp Duid and most definitely Priest. Mind you i'm ony at rank 13 smile.png

Anyhoo here's the build:

1 Abusive Sergeant x 2

1 Argent Squire x 2

2 Argent Protector x 2

2 Bloodsail Raider x 2

2 Echoing Ooze x 2

2 Ironbeak Owl x 2

2 Sword of Justice x 2

3 Aldor Peacekeeper x 2

3 Harvest Golem x 2

4 Truesilver Champion x 2

4 Consecration x 2

4 Dark Iron Dwarf x 2

4 Defender of Argus x 2

4 Dread Corsair x 2

5 Sludge Belcher x 2

Now this decks primary focus is to swing the board to your side. The use of sticky minions: Argent Squire, Echoing Ooze, Harvest Golem and Sludge Belcher allow you to maintain board presence.

Abusive Seargant, Sword of Justice, Dark Iron Dwarf and Defender of Argus allow your minions to trade above their weight much like Zoolock.

Enter the Pirates!! Dread Corsair requires either weapon in play and you end up with either a taunt 4/4 for 3 or a 3/3 for 0 and the Raider as a 4/4 or 6/3 for 2. It is this decks ability to gain significant value from its cards that allows it to maintain pace.

Sword of Justice also synergises with your stickies. Echoing Ooze gives you a 2/3 and a 3/4 for 2!!! Harvest Golem a 3/4 and a 3/2 for 3 biggrin.png Now thats serious vaue.

Now, what happens when you dont draw a weapon? This is where the tech cards come in. Argent Protector for efficient trading, Ironbeak Owl sorts out all the Deathrattle shenanigans, Aldor shuts down the bombs and Consecration, well it does what it does wink.png

So where's the draw card? Tried them all and the just get in the way. Besides, you should almost always have board advantage after turn 5. Of course this might be a bit late vs Zoo but  I've still won a couple.

Here's all the combo's:

SoJ + Raider/Ooze/Corsair or anything else for that matter even you hero power.

Truesilver + Corsair then Raider. Try this: 1st turn Squire, 2nd Ooze, 3rd Ring into Truesilver and drop 2 x 3/3 taunt, 4th drop a 6/3 Raider and give it divine shield!

Seargant/Dwarf/Defender + Protector lets you turn any minion into an immune battering ram. I do find you should only use Protectors on a creature attacking that turn.

I use the Peacekeepers on anything with enough power to kill my taunters.

You will find that once you have a weapon out you should be able to dominate the board in most games. Zoo can out rush you but thats why its number 1. Hunter can do fatal even when you have the board and I would love to throw in some Earthen Ring Farseers but cant find the room.

Oh and this build probably performs best with the Ring so Squire, Ooze n Raider may need to be priorities when going first.

All in all this decks ability to generate high value minions, trade above its weight and without loss, and tech around power cards (Owl n Peacekeeper vs Ragnaros) lets it dominate the board in most situations and is alot of fun to play biggrin.png

Would love to hear some feedback from anyone willing to give it a try.

After another 15 games with only a 30% win rate, it has become blatantly obvious this deck struggles in the late game particularly due to lack of a draw engine. i dominated pretty much every game between turns 4-8 but if i wasnt able to deliver fatal then it petered out. Pallies lack of mid game draw and poor synergies with Acolyte of Pain and Cult Master make it very hard to maintain the rage. Dont think the new xpac will help this build either sad.png Still lolts of fun tho!

Edited by KARnage