Glissov

Macro help needed

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm fairly new to wow and need some help with a few macros. I am trying to simplify a few abilities because I am a clicker and I am trying to make the progression towards playing with key-binds. 

Right now the macro I am working on looks like this:
#showtooltip Judgment

/castsequence [modifier: shift] Hammer of Wrath; Judgment, Avenger's Shield

The modifier works and I am able to cast Hammer of Wrath.
When I have both abilities ready (no cool-downs) I am able to spam the macro hotkey and it works as intended, uses Judgment and then uses Avenger's shield. However the problem is that sometimes I will proc the Grand Crusader passive (refresh cool-down of Avenger's Shield) and then my skill is available to use. However pressing the macro hotkey does not work unless both skills are on available...

I need a command that stops the cast sequence and restarts it after every second press.
As I am getting used to key-binds I'm trying to limit the number of keys I have to press by putting these 2 abilities into one button. Is this possible, can anyone provide any guidance please?

Thanks!

I would typically do one of two things. Either take hammer of wrath out of the macro so you can mod:shift avengers shield.That would look like this:

#showtooltip

/castsequence [mod:shift] Avenger's Shield; Judgement, Avenger's Shield

That would allow you to use the cast sequence most of the time, but have the ability to use shift if you need to get to avenger's shield for a proc.

If you want to keep hammer of wrath in the macro, another thing you could try is

#showtooltip

/castsequence reset=5 [mod:shift] Hammer of Wrath; Judgement, Avernger's Shield, Avenger's Shield

With that macro your cast sequence would be Judgement, Averger's Shield x2 (incase you get a proc), but after 5 seconds, which is 1 second before the cooldown of judgment, the macro resets and goes back to judgement. This would also allow you to keep the shift mod for hammer of wrath. If it's possible to get 3 or even 4 avenger's shield procs before a judgement then you just need to add more Avenger's shield casts to the sequence, but keep the reset=5 in there to go back to judgement on CD.

Also, I'd recommend just using #showtooltip , instead of #showtooltip <ability>. just keeping it as #showtooltip will allow it to update dynamically and show whatever ability is next up in your macro.

2 people like this