Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Prot Warrior + Scabbard of Kyanos?

2 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

As a dislaimer I am fairly new to prot tanking and theory, so please be gentle. I'd love constructed criticism if you have any though.

So I was able to snipe a Scabbard of Kyanos off the AH, and I was wondering if has any particular niche uses. My current alternate trink, a RNG 645 follower reward trink, has 183 Crit + 183 Bonus armor, and according to the stat weights the scabbard falls short by some 150 units worth of stats (some 11% in downgrade), but are there fights where it makes sense to take the scabbard?

I was thinking it might be better on fights where there is occasional burst magic/non-melee physical damage where the extra AP from the strength would play a good factor for Shield Barrier, but bonus armor reduces the damage anyways if it's physical and the crit will provide parry to help mitigate melee's as well. The only possible fight I can think scabbard will be better is Orebender in UBRS, but I'd love some other, less fresh opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I could definitely see the Scabbard being useful for when you need bigger Barriers. Shield Barrier is pretty poor right now, so you wouldn't be getting a ton from the scabbard, but it would certainly help. In current raids, I'm usually seeing about 250% Resolve, so I'd estimate the Scabbard giving you an extra 6k or so per Shield Barrier while it's active.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 2/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      <Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented heroic and eventually mythic guild!
      We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Tank: Highly experienced/Know fights/Willing to communicate/Good attitude
      Healer: Holy Paladin, HIGH DEMAND!
      Range damage: High demand.
      Melee damage: Slots competitive, apply anyway.
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our private Mumble is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Subs01
      <Wakening> is a newly formed guild on Sylvanas alliance side, we are looking to fill up the ranks to get a full team ready for mythic. 

We are a semi-hardcore guild, we expect you to be performing your best and constantly looking to improve, 5/7 was cleared on our first night together so things are moving along smoothly!

Our raid times are Wednesday, Sunday and Monday 21:00 - 00:00 server time.

Currently we are looking for players of all classes but specifically ranged DPS and Tanks. 

Please contact Subs#2165 on battle tag or reply to this thread if you think you're up to it!
    • By dastardlyfi
      I have now, 4 trinkets that I am conflicted on using as they all seem to have decent stats and usages/passives. I am mainly tanking mythic dungeons, although our guild does normal EN but I have no problem there.
      What do you think would be the best 2 to use in general?
      I have the following:
      Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor
      What do y'all think?
    • By Dereek
      Váde Enim is a friendly guild on Draenor EU 
      We are currently 7/7 normal and 4/7 heroic
      We are looking to expand to a 20+ man team and tackle mythic content. 
      We cover a number of events in guild including alt raids, mythic dungeons and mythic + content.
      Raiding days are Wednesday and Thursday 1945 - 2300 (server time) 
      We run Mythic + groups on throughout the week 
      We're looking for the following; (But all may be considered)
      Shadow Priests
      Feral and Balance Druids 
      Demon Hunters (Havoc)
      Arms Warrior
      We're mainly looking for Melee DPS on top of the classes we already have just to spread out our Melee / Ranged ratio.
      If you'd like to join and trial please contact Dereek, Rentend, Pettz, Vaior in game or add my bnet tag Villain #2997
      Many thanks

• By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)