Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pariah

Sub rogue with subterfuge play

9 posts in this topic

Hi.

Im rather new to rogue play (Started this exp) so if i step on (noobish) ground on stuff i apologize in advance. 

(Party = Ambush -> 5 CP Evis)

So to my issue: On the icy veins opening "rotation" or opener. We should use (after pot and premed+snd) garrote->SR+trink and racial->Ambush->rupture->SD->and then party:P

But whenever i use SR after garrote or trinket or anything tbh i loose the effect of subterfuge? Like the millisecond i use SR or trinket or even racial. Aswell as macroed it to be cast right after garrote. Is this a bug on my end or have i missed something, a hot fix or what not:S 

And if thats how it should be:P then thats fine by me:

Untill now ive run with Carn's opener with shadow focus ofc : ambush->hemo->backstab->trink+SR+SD->rupture->and party:P And btw ty Carn for your topics on SD/vanish use etc. Helped me out big time when i first started to use my rogue in raids;)

2nd question. (And this is cause I'm rather new to rogue play. S) When you pool energy for shadow dance and vanish with subterfuge+glyphed vanish: First is there a magic energy count you should reach? And is it better to use a finisher and then pool just to get the 20 energy boost from finisher with 5 CP and is this only good on low energy cost finishers like rupture or SnD? or is it equally efficient with evis? 

Anyway ty for any advice/experience from the forum users:D Allso im Norwegian so sorry in advance if the typing somewhere is wrong/off:P

Edited by Pariah

the one I gave before is Hemo > Ambush, so that Hemo is your first skill out of stealth. This allows Ambush to benefit from the 25% SV buff.

That being said, opening with Garrote is better now. You don't need to rush into SR and Dance with it though

• Premed, SnD, Prepot
  • Garrote > Ambush
  • Keep casting Ambush while you're benefiting from Subterfuge
  • SR > Rupture > Dance after Subterfuge is off

I don't think that this is optimal after Vanish - I normally just go right into Ambush after Vanish, since Rupture will be on target for the SV damage buff anyways

As for your second question, I try and pool to 90-100 energy. No, you shouldn't waste cp on a finisher just for more energy regen - it's better to save your cp for more Evis casts while Find Weakness is up. For this reason it's always best to play with 6-8 cp at all times before using a finisher and building back up there. The only exception to that would be if you have Premed off cooldown, which will give you 4 cp for an Ambush instead of 2, so you'd want to enter Dance / Vanish with 4-5 in order to not waste it

Hopefully what I said there made sense

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot for your reply Carn:D And keep up the good work you're doing;) 

And ye it helps alot, answered a lot of what i wondered about/didnt know :D

To dummy!!!! (epic old school batman series team/musicP)

Just remember that the dummy won't give you HaT procs, so your in-raid generation will be higher. I'd go run lfr a few times to practice, since queues are so short now

About the combo points before vanish. As far as I remember, premed cp won't go to anticipation. So if you go to vanish with 5 cp or more and cast premed, you'll get zero points for it. It only affects the "normal" combo points, so you should have a max of 3 cp before premed.

Maybe something changed and I didn't saw. Can anyone confirm this?

Just tested this - I don't believe this was the case in SoO, since I remember it working fine, but you're apparently correct

Premed won't add Anticipation stacks. -.- TIL

I have one more question though. . . tongue.png

If vanish and SD go off cd about the same time - 10 secs difference. Lets say Vanish comes off cd first and then SD. Is it better to wait for SD? and then vanish or just pool cp and energy for the first that comes off cd?

And then pool again for the other one... i guess its the first thats comes off cd. Since waiting to use a FW cd is a loss. Less uptime on FW.? But I could be wrong. why im asking:P Ive just been useing the first one thats comes off cd. Though starting to get the feel for the energy pooling though thanks to you peeps:D

Sry for all these questions:S

Edited by Pariah

10s is probably the longest you'd ever want to wait for.

If it's under that, it probably depends on your trinkets / enchants. If they're going to proc soon or are up right then, you should just Vanish right away so your Ambushes benefit from the procs. However, if you haven't had procs recently, you can probably wait and try to bait out the procs for your Dance

Yeah, it's particularly weird that popping a macro with SR+Coin+Racial cancels the ability to be able to Ambush, so I've adjusted my opener after talking to Xibu from Encore-Illidan last night to the following:

Prepull: (while in stealth) Prem -> Pot(2secs before pull) -> SND

Onpull: Garrote -> Ambush or Hemo(difference is minimal, one extends FW, the other gives you Sinister Calling procs during opener with Scales trinket giving you massive amounts of multistrike. Also note energy cost of both.) -> SR(once subterfuge ends) -> Rupture -> Dance

I bet you could open with different variations of the same. You could do SR+Dance in the same macro with rupture right after it to avoid having to refresh it during that period, too. It's really fun to experiment with things in this spec.

Edited by intrinsc