Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dekkster

My Friend needs to up his DPS on Mythic Twins. Help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am seeking advice for my friend, Jack. I would like him to pick up the DPS so he doesn't get benched. I appreciate any insight to my situation. Thank you.

Jackaroo, iLvl 664

Armory Link:

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:

Worldoflogs Link:

Mythic Twin Orgon Wipes:

Questions, concerns, expectations:

Hi. My friend is doing poorly on Mythic Twin Orgon and I don't want him to get benched. I feel like his single target is better, but still not the best. 

Following is a Mythic Kargath log for more single target insight, if wanted: 

Mythic Kargath Kill:

Description of Playstyle:

I am not too sure of his playstyle, but I imagine he is struggling going from one target to two targets, although his single target isn't amazing. On the logs I believe our closest attempt was #12 and one of Jack's better ones was #19 (only 21.7k)

Armrory:

Need to change the multistrike gem to mastery gem, upgrade mastery enchant on ring, and get Bleeding Hollow enchant for weapon.

General Rotation:

Looking at 21h kill of Butcher to assess general rotational competence, there are some issues. Missed eight Empowered Divine Storm procs. Missed a cast of Execution Sentence. Wasted eight Holy Power generations (i.e., he was at 5 HoPo and cast a generator when he should have cast a finisher, wasting the resource gains). Some of this may be more an issue of if he's not accustomed to the SW/Sera playstyle.

Log (Attempt 19):

Not prioritizing Crusader Strike. Range can be twitchy on Twins, but his Judgement casts really should not be more than half again as many as his CS casts. Should try Final Verdict/Divine Storm weaving more, as the FV buff makes DS really strong - and increases its range, making it that much easier to cleave both Ogron. Using Seal of Righteousness might help, too, as it's a simple, passive cleave while both Ogron are stacked up - though Censure-cleaving would likely be superior, it requires some management and monitoring.

Thank you for this excellent insight. 

How big of a DPS increase is the Bleeding Hollow enchant? He is poor.

With the enchant procced during Wings, in can be significant - the extra mastery adds a really good chunk of bonus damage on everything you want to focus on in that burst window (i.e., HoW, CS, T/FV). Considering that CS and T/FV are weapon-based damage, the better the weapon, the more you're liable to get out of that mastery proc. To find out just how much of an improvement that enchant alone would be, you'd have to run a couple of sims and compare.

As an enchanter, believe me, I sympathize with how costly it can be to get Bleeding Hollow. If, after raids, he can find someone with an Enchanter's Study in their garrison (or build one himself, if he has the free plot), he should be able to shard the epics he replaces and bank the crystals for his enchants. Shattered Hand will suffice until he can scrape up the mats; I was simply pointing that out as a lesser optimal enchant and area for improvement on gear.