Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Friend needs to up his DPS on Mythic Twins. Help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am seeking advice for my friend, Jack. I would like him to pick up the DPS so he doesn't get benched. I appreciate any insight to my situation. Thank you.

Jackaroo, iLvl 664

Armory Link:

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:

Worldoflogs Link:

Mythic Twin Orgon Wipes:

Questions, concerns, expectations:

Hi. My friend is doing poorly on Mythic Twin Orgon and I don't want him to get benched. I feel like his single target is better, but still not the best. 

Following is a Mythic Kargath log for more single target insight, if wanted: 

Mythic Kargath Kill:

Description of Playstyle:

I am not too sure of his playstyle, but I imagine he is struggling going from one target to two targets, although his single target isn't amazing. On the logs I believe our closest attempt was #12 and one of Jack's better ones was #19 (only 21.7k)

Need to change the multistrike gem to mastery gem, upgrade mastery enchant on ring, and get Bleeding Hollow enchant for weapon.

General Rotation:

Looking at 21h kill of Butcher to assess general rotational competence, there are some issues. Missed eight Empowered Divine Storm procs. Missed a cast of Execution Sentence. Wasted eight Holy Power generations (i.e., he was at 5 HoPo and cast a generator when he should have cast a finisher, wasting the resource gains). Some of this may be more an issue of if he's not accustomed to the SW/Sera playstyle.

Log (Attempt 19):

Not prioritizing Crusader Strike. Range can be twitchy on Twins, but his Judgement casts really should not be more than half again as many as his CS casts. Should try Final Verdict/Divine Storm weaving more, as the FV buff makes DS really strong - and increases its range, making it that much easier to cleave both Ogron. Using Seal of Righteousness might help, too, as it's a simple, passive cleave while both Ogron are stacked up - though Censure-cleaving would likely be superior, it requires some management and monitoring.

Thank you for this excellent insight. 

How big of a DPS increase is the Bleeding Hollow enchant? He is poor.

With the enchant procced during Wings, in can be significant - the extra mastery adds a really good chunk of bonus damage on everything you want to focus on in that burst window (i.e., HoW, CS, T/FV). Considering that CS and T/FV are weapon-based damage, the better the weapon, the more you're liable to get out of that mastery proc. To find out just how much of an improvement that enchant alone would be, you'd have to run a couple of sims and compare.

As an enchanter, believe me, I sympathize with how costly it can be to get Bleeding Hollow. If, after raids, he can find someone with an Enchanter's Study in their garrison (or build one himself, if he has the free plot), he should be able to shard the epics he replaces and bank the crystals for his enchants. Shattered Hand will suffice until he can scrape up the mats; I was simply pointing that out as a lesser optimal enchant and area for improvement on gear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury:
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed:
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
    • By Greendexter
      <Should be Studying> is a 3-day raiding guild on Mal’Ganis US. We’ve been raiding as a group for years, starting in the Firelands. We’re currently looking for more raiders to bolster our roster as we head into Mythic EN.
      We are a guild that is concerned with making meaningful progression, but even more concerned with having fun and maintaining a low-pressure atmosphere. We don’t consider ourselves guildies or simply a raid group, we are all friends here. We respect each other while pushing everyone to get better individually as a player.
      We’re an adult guild, with most members being in their mid 20’s-30’s. Additionally, we are an international raid team. We have players from the US, Brazil, Turkey, and Australia. Don’t worry though, everyone speaks English! :)
      Current Progression: 7/7H EN
      Raid Times: Tue/Wed/Sun 7:30-10:30 CST (8:30 EST)
      We are looking for primarily ranged DPS at this time. All exceptional applicants are encouraged to contact us, but we are pretty full-up on melee, tanks, and healers!
      Specific class needs currently include:
      MM Hunter
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman
      Mage (Lower Priority)
      If you’re interested in applying or just want to talk to us, please visit You’ll need to register for the site before you can view the forums.
      Alternatively, feel free to add Dexter#1725 or Vyndir#1769 if you have any questions.
      Thanks for reading!
    • By Adelynd
      Who We Are
      Lunae was created in early 2011 by a group of friends that have busy real lives with jobs and families.  We like to do things well but our families and friends come first.  We are looking for mature, fun, experienced, and skilled players who want to join a friendly raiding environment.  We offer a mature atmosphere that loves to raid more with the person than with a player and knows that in the end, real life is all that matters.  If you think this way then we may be the right guild for you.
      DPS and healer-prefer priest.
      Raid Schedule
      We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 23:30-02:00
      EN-Normal 7/7 Heroic 2/7
      Our Expectations for Raiders
      Be at the raid entrance 15 minutes prior to start time when invites occur Attend at least 2/3 raids per week Have fully gemmed, enchanted, and repaired gear~have an in-depth knowledge of your class Regularly read the guild forums, read up/watch videos on boss tactics before the raid Have food, flasks and potions with you Have a headset and be able to not only listen but speak English. Applications
      When applying to Lunae remember that our only insight into who you are is based on what you write on the application form.  Please be thorough.  If accepted you will be considered a trial raider for a couple of weeks so the guild may evaluate your suitability for Lunae.  Apply at:
      If you would like to have more information about Lunae please leave a message or contact Adelynd#1667 in-game.
    • By Semifreddo
      Raiding guild looking for more raiders! We have a particular need of ranged DPS and a healer or two. Melee DPS are more than welcome if they have a tank off-specc. That helps with Mythic+ runs, if we have several tanks and groups going at the same time.

Progression: 7/7N, 1/7H

Raid Schedule: 20:00 Saturday and Sunday Server Time

Communication: Discord Channel

Interest: Message me on (Semifreddo#2224), or respond to this post with what class and specc you play.