Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Odinn

hearthstone Undertaker Balance Change - Attack Only

4 posts in this topic

10267-undertaker-balance-change-attack-o

Hearthstone CM Zeriyah posted today to indicate that an upcoming balance patch will change the text of the Undertaker card to the following: Whenever you summon a minion with Deathrattle, gain +1 Attack. An exact date has not been announced as of yet.

Requests for changes to the Undertaker have been circulating since it was first released, due to its impressive value in tandem with many of the low-cost Deathrattle minions introduced in both Curse of Naxxramas and later in Goblins vs. Gnomes.

A variety of possible changes have been suggested online, but this direction from Blizzard feels consistent with comparable minions and effects. Undertaker will remain a valuable card, but not quickly move out of reach of removal by opposing minions or curve-appropriate spells if it is quickly buffed by 2-3 Deathrattle minions in the early game.

Will you continue to use the Undertaker after these changes?

The Undertaker gets taken under. Balance changes are inbound Soon.

Although I completely understand where Blizzard are coming from here, this nerf makes me want to cry.

As a relatively noob player, I have been trying for the last few months to figure out what type of decks I like to play and play well (obviously constrained by the cards I have) and have worked my way nearly all of the icy-veins decks I could build.

In the last week or so I finally have found love and consistency with Sottle's midrange/aggro Naxx/GvG hunter.

Now he is gonna die!

Boooohooooohooooo

Although I completely understand where Blizzard are coming from here, this nerf makes me want to cry.

As a relatively noob player, I have been trying for the last few months to figure out what type of decks I like to play and play well (obviously constrained by the cards I have) and have worked my way nearly all of the icy-veins decks I could build.

In the last week or so I finally have found love and consistency with Sottle's midrange/aggro Naxx/GvG hunter.

Now he is gonna die!

Boooohooooohooooo

There are still going to be lots of ways to make Midrange Hunter work. Specifically, every time you end up with a mulligan that doesn't include Undertaker, but end up winning, it's clear that the archetype still has merit - the openers will just be reworked to take advantage of different synergies.

1 person likes this

I have been thinking about Undertaker and midrange hunter and my feelings are that I will probably try the deck unchanged for a while.

Undertaker still represents a real and immediate danger and requires attention from your opponent.

What will change, I think, is that the opponent will be able to deal with him in turn 3 or 4, so no stealing the game away if they have no early removal.

Also his "trading up" power is diminished.

I see talk of replacing him with Micro Machine, but the turn 1 play still feels very powerful to me. If it turns out that MM is a better play, I guess it means a review and comparison if all the deathrattlers in this (or any) deck.