[WW] SimCraft Help

4 posts in this topic

I was looking at SimCraft and I was wondering how does a WW come into a fight with 5 chi as it says I have 100% at the pull. 

Sim then says my sequence is TP > RSK  saying I would have 3 chi at the start of a pull. How do I go into a boss (start a boss) with 3 chi to be able to do an opener like that?

Only way I can figure it out is that they do 2x jab at the start and it not showing up, That have them going into TP>RSK with 4 chi and leaving everything with 5 chi thanks to be racial + 2pc set bonus.

Am I missing something? Even if I use expel harm at the start during the countdown that still only 2 chi I would get as they use chi brew so they can't have power strikes.

Also why does Sim have us using Zen over Chi Wave?

*Edit* Looks like Sim is going off the assumption the monk did expel harm total of 4 times before boss is pulled. Doing that they got 5 chi. Even if you pull within 15 sec of a wipe, that enough to get chi needed for those two attacks; all good, but if that the case should be recorded that what going on during the perpot phase.

Edited by Nytemare

Ya it's expel harm spam, which is annoying because if your raid is pulling fast you need to be doing it as you run in to get enough time to cap chi and energy in time to combo on the pull. I do the 2 buffs and cast xuen before fof usually but I have no idea if that's ideal, I just like to get his cd going asap so I can get 2-3 depending on the fight.

Yes, welcome to slavedom of a Monk, where we stand there spamming Expel Harm for however many minutes necessary to keep full Chi prior to a pull.

This will give you 5 Chi points (or 6, with Ascension talented) to begin the fight.  Tiger Palm + RSK will eat up 3 of that Chi, so if you have Ascension, you can go right into TEB + FoF, or if you have Chi Brew talented, you will likely have to spent a charge of it to be able to use FoF.

This is all a very brief, basic explanation.

Thanks guys, what's the idea behind Zen over Chi wave? I been using Zen since the post, but just still doesn't feel right using it.

Edited by Nytemare

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vaellian
      Ok. so. on both Icy-veins and Simulationcraft the stat priority is both listed as Mastery>Strength>Vers... and on the BiS page it even states 1.33>1.0>.89  respectively for weights

i'm okay with this. i've actually been using this weight since 105 when gearing up. but i'm missing something and i can't figure it out. When i run simcraft on my 840 ilvl warrior, i'm getting 300k dps, which i'm fine with. however it's telling me that my stat priority is Haste>Mastery>Str.

I even replaced my trinkets with the BiS damage Proc trinkets thinking maybe they get effected by colossus smash and thus would increase it's effectiveness. no such luck, vers  is as low as .79 and haste and mastery are both above 1.0 i'm basically going through simcraft replacing all my Gear with the gear on simulation crafts official numbers and i'm still getting haste>mastery. so far there's nothing that's coming forward that makes haste worse than versatility even

i'd like to know what i'm missing if anything, or if you guys would mind fact-checking the stat priorities page. but considering both Simcraft and you guys have one answer and i'm the odd one out. i'm sure it's me thats missing something
    • By Vaellian
      So on the stat priority page it says that mastery is even above strength. I've been following that for awhile, but i noticed simcraft released a legion version and i always love using it for myself. my question is that when i ran my stat scailings in simcraft, i got

Str: 1
      AP: .95
      Haste: .91
      Mastery: .86
      I'd link armory but i noticed that blizzard hasn't seemed to updated their armory. im getting my 725 ilvl Pre-patch char

because of the way our mastery works, is this difference in the stats caused by the fact that Pots are Proc based damage (thus increasing in damage with mastery) The neck enchant is a Proc damage, our 2 BiS trinkets are also proc damage, and paladin Greater blessing of Might, if given to us. is proc damage

The Simcraft official dps ranking has the warrior is 2k stats all around and 13k mastery. so there's definately something to it
    • By felrune
      I did a simulationcraft on myself with current gear and it says I should be about 73k. Meters running during raid show me at about 50k to 55k at most. Does this sound like the correct margin of error for perfect execution versus real world? Should I theoretically be higher than that in actual dps and I might be missing something?
      I am 716 ilevel equipped. 
      First post here, just looking for any help. Let me know if need any other information.
      Normal Mannoroth log - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/ea9fe101-b98b-4b96-91a2-f086528451d9/report/7#v=0,d=0,c=50
      Normal Archi log - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/ea9fe101-b98b-4b96-91a2-f086528451d9/report/13#v=0,d=0,c=50
      Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Felrune/simple(it currently shows blood which is what I logged out in. Will switch later.)
    • By vampirefang
      Hello! was just wondering how to add death coil healing to my action priority list in Simulationcraft for blood tanking
      What I've tried:
      actions+=/death_coil,target=(me),if=buff.lichborne.up&health.pct<70 actions+=/death_coil_heal,if=buff.lichborne.up&health.pct<70 I'll just make it a list because I'll add to it if possible
      I've done a ton of googling for old sim results and old blood death coil healing but have been very unsuccessful in finding an answer for myself.
      The first action listed will simulate, but it wont cause healing from death coil
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Domdon
      Hallo there,
      Lately I have discovered that the proc of Ashen Band of Endless Destruction is still viable and provides the 285 sp as in the description. Resulting from this I tried to run some simulations with Simulationcraft, but the proc is not being processed. I tried to add the proc manually, but I lack knowledge and comprehension of Simulationcraft to do so.
      My question is: Can anyone help me out here figuring out if it is viable for a Destruction Warlock?