FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Creamapple

Stat scaling question

Hi all, Got a question about the stat scaling of simulationcraft. i've got everything set to base options (i.e patchwerk, 1 target) however whenever i sim myself i get an extremely low rating for haste. is this right? i can only assume it isn't since i thought haste is meant to be my number 1 stat and i dont have a lot of it.
Thanks for any help in advance

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Creamapple/simple

Simcrafty.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ioabo
      Hi there.
      I'm using simcraft in order to get my stat weights. Depending on what I choose as "fight style"-option I get different weights and stat priorities. I usually run simulations with patchwerk, helter skelter, light or heavy movement fight styles, and the results vary for each type. And my problem is that I don't know which result to use.
      Is there a fight style I can use as the most "generic"? I mean which fight style can I use as a general guideline? Or isn't there such a thing?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)
    • By Imryll
      Hi,
      so recently did a simcraft and updated my pawn as usual.  Looked at some of my items and made some changes acordingly.  Did a simcraft again and my dps had dropped.  As you can see from the simcraft below my pawnstring is advising me that other than strength, vers is the second highest weight stat, why is this?  I dont always go with what pawn says is an upgrade and generally ignore an item upgrade with mastery on unless its a major upgrade armour, strength and stam wise
      Armory
      Simcraft is attached.
      *Just to check also, the only stat weights im inputting into pawn are:
      Strength, CritRating, HasteRating, MasteryRating, Versatility
      Many thanks in advance for any help

• By seriallos
      TL;DR
      https://raidbots.com/ makes it super easy to use SimulationCraft for common tasks (comparing items, generating stat weights for Pawn)
      What is this?
      SimulationCraft is an amazing open source project for theorycrafting, gear planning, and more.  However, it can be difficult to use and can often slow down your machine if simming and playing WoW at the same time.
      For those reasons, I've spent the last couple months building Simbot and am relaunching Raidbots!
      https://raidbots.com/
      Caveats ahead! Raidbots is based entirely on SimulationCraft so results are only as good as support for your class/spec. If your spec isn't well supported, Raidbots will not be very useful. Check with your class Discord/forums/etc to determine if Raidbots is a good match for you or not.
      Highlights

Gear Compare lets you easily sim new pieces of gear. Great for figuring out if that item that just dropped is an upgrade before equipping it. Also useful for checking out different trinkets/legendaries/etc will affect your DPS. Relic Compare is the easiest way to set up SimulationCraft to compare relics. No more digging around for bonus IDs or any of that jazz. Just enter the item name, item level, and go. Stat Weights is a fast way to have SimulationCraft generate stat weights for your character. Stat weights are primarily useful as a quick in-game method to determine if an item is an upgrade or not. However, for many classes/specs the weights change regularly so Gear Compare is usually better in the long run. Advanced mode is also available to help cover any edge cases for power users that want to run a simulation on Raidbots servers and save the report in your own list. Run anything within the 5 minute limit. Use the Armory or paste in /simc output Raidbots provides the raw SimC input so you can easily copy/paste the script into your local copy of SimC to avoid the queue or further configure the sim to your liking. This can be really nice for Gear Compare since Raidbots does some of the heavy lifting of determining item IDs, gem names, level, etc. Stable and Nightly versions available. Nightly is updated every couple of days so you can always run the bleeding edge version in case the main release hasn't been updated in a while.
        Future Roadmap
      There's a ton more stuff I want to build, here are few features I hope to release in the coming months (not a promise, etc):

Talent compare Custom APLs Best in Bag Personal BiS Lists
        Known Issues

Healers are not supported in SimulationCraft at all right now and, thus, are not supported by Raidbots. Tank support is very limited and is primarily included for completeness. This will be slightly better once Raidbots supports enemy choice but there are no dedicated SimC tank devs so take results with a very large grain of salt.
        The End
      Check it out, sim yourself, and let me know what you think!
    • By Vaellian
      Ok. so. on both Icy-veins and Simulationcraft the stat priority is both listed as Mastery>Strength>Vers... and on the BiS page it even states 1.33>1.0>.89  respectively for weights

i'm okay with this. i've actually been using this weight since 105 when gearing up. but i'm missing something and i can't figure it out. When i run simcraft on my 840 ilvl warrior, i'm getting 300k dps, which i'm fine with. however it's telling me that my stat priority is Haste>Mastery>Str.

I even replaced my trinkets with the BiS damage Proc trinkets thinking maybe they get effected by colossus smash and thus would increase it's effectiveness. no such luck, vers  is as low as .79 and haste and mastery are both above 1.0 i'm basically going through simcraft replacing all my Gear with the gear on simulation crafts official numbers and i'm still getting haste>mastery. so far there's nothing that's coming forward that makes haste worse than versatility even

i'd like to know what i'm missing if anything, or if you guys would mind fact-checking the stat priorities page. but considering both Simcraft and you guys have one answer and i'm the odd one out. i'm sure it's me thats missing something
    • By Vaellian
      So on the stat priority page it says that mastery is even above strength. I've been following that for awhile, but i noticed simcraft released a legion version and i always love using it for myself. my question is that when i ran my stat scailings in simcraft, i got

Str: 1
      AP: .95
      Haste: .91
      Mastery: .86
      I'd link armory but i noticed that blizzard hasn't seemed to updated their armory. im getting my 725 ilvl Pre-patch char

because of the way our mastery works, is this difference in the stats caused by the fact that Pots are Proc based damage (thus increasing in damage with mastery) The neck enchant is a Proc damage, our 2 BiS trinkets are also proc damage, and paladin Greater blessing of Might, if given to us. is proc damage

The Simcraft official dps ranking has the warrior is 2k stats all around and 13k mastery. so there's definately something to it