FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
isendier

Help my DPS? - Sub Rogue-

Hey again, Could you guys look through these logs? i still think my dps is way lower than it should be. However i have a feeling that the missing tier 4 pieces and no class trinket has a huge effect.

let me know what you think:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xGQzc6vJA3HD89kR#type=damage-done&fight=24&source=26

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Isendier/advanced

In general:

Need to use more Vanish. Don't be afraid of using it. Just don't blow it out of blue when you'll be using another CD that applies FW (Vanish is used as a mini Shadow Dance, to trigger FW - have you macro'd it to Shadow Dance? If you did, unbind that right now!)

Use more Premeditation

Increase Rupture uptime to at least ~95% constant

Using Crimson Tempest on a ST situation is not necessary

Using FoK in a ST situation is not necessary (only use it when you can cleave something to gather more CPs)

I suggest you keep drilling your rotation on a dummy and set up trackers. It'll help you immensely. =)

I am trying to line vanish up with shadowdance for the 30% dmg bonus (tier set bonus) but because i dont have the full tier set it doesnt line up properly. Should i just use it whenever its ready? instead of for example wait 30 sec to get it to line up with shadowdance?

I don't think you should line up and instead use for maintenance of the FW. Perhaps I may be wrong on this one, but that's how I'd play - spreading higher damage over time instead doing a "super burst" every 1m30s.

Remember, Vanish is a mini SDance, you can pull some "decent" DPS in that small window and a bit more thereafter.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one. I haven't played with those new sets so I don't have the feel of the practice - mostly theory.

Alright so the only timings that I have memorized are the first 3, so I'll talk about those for a second then put the rule for Vanish use at the end

Vanish 1: Just before the pull, in conjunction with SR and SD.

Vanish 2: Prep right before (1.5s) SD ends, so you have the energy for a final Ambush at the .5s mark. Vanish immediately, and will often give you 5 free cp's to refresh Rupture with

Vanish 3: When SD comes back up

In general, you only want to delay Vanish by a maximum of 6 seconds to line up with SD and by a maximum of 12 seconds to line up with SD + SR

Nah everything is about the burst; between Soul Capacitor and the Legendary Ring, you're packing as much damage into the stacking effects as possible

The 30% damage boost during SD and/or SR is nothing to shake a stick at. Especially if you get a Soul Capacitor proc and use the Ring, you get an absurd amount of extra damage

Those will certainly help a lot, yes. You should still work on the stuff that Lip mentioned though, don't rely on gear as a crutch / excuse