Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone SL i-League Hearthstone StarSeries Group A results

1 post in this topic

14530-sl-i-league-hearthstone-starseries

Group A of the SL i-League StarSeries has been completed and the first two qualifiers for the second group stage, from where they can qualify to the $50,000 LAN finals, have been decided.

Group A players were:
  • Thijs, who recently reached the last four of the World Championships
  • Strifecro, generally regarded as one of the best players in the world
  • Amaz, founder of Team Archon and a strong player in his own right
  • Hoej, who came top four at Dreamhack Winter
  • ShtanUdachi who had to qualify, and has over 22,000 wins on his account

After completing their matches, Thijs topped the group having his only loss to Amaz, while StrifeCro and ShtanUdachi both struggled and picked up one win each. This left Amaz and Hoej to play the final match in the group where the winner would go directly to the next group stage and the loser would be relegated to the Last Call playoff.

Amaz had done well with Hunter all through the group but went 1-0 down to Hoej's secret Paladin. He bounced back with the same deck to beat Zoo in game two and took a 2-1 lead as his Malylock took down Hoej's Zoo in game three.

Hoej has been getting a lot of praise from his peers recently and he showed why as he played a great game to beat Tempo Mage with Fast Druid in game four to take it to a decider. However this was not enough as Amaz got the win with his Mage in the final game to sweep Hoej's Zoo and to advance to the second group stage.

Group A Matches Games
Amaz 3-1 11-6
Thijs 3-1 10-7
Hoej 2-2 8-8
StrifeCro 1-3 7-11
SchtanUdachi 1-3 7-11