Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killamf

Can Someone Help me Pour Through This Data? Prot warrior help please

2 posts in this topic

Hello Icy VeinsPosted Image

I recently came back to the game after long break and started playing a warrior as my main after close to 5 years as a ranged dps caster for beta through the start of cata. I love playing my Prot Warrior however I know I am not maximizing my potential.

I am the off-tank in all our runs so I was hoping someone with intricate knowledge of our class could help me data mine and help me determine where I need to improve my dps and my tanking in general. I am still shaky as to when is the best time to use Shield Block and Shield Barrier.

Any and all help is appreciated. I just came back to the game and am raiding at a pretty high level for my knowledge of the class and want to continue raiding.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gy032uqxhsbq5wos/ I am killastank.

I could make this post extremely long but I'll try to shorten it.

Dont overuse heroic strike like you do, use the rage on SB/Sbar instead because it's way more efficient. As far as I've experienced prot warriors do NOT do a lot of dps. They just dont. I'm playing prot warrior as my main with 497 ilvl and still I dont pull out more than 50-55k on a single target fight whilst most other classes have no problem at all to reach 65-70k such as the dk in your logs. The warriors big strength is to reduce spikiness through blocking. Wich in other words means stack mastery and get spamming that shield block. On magical fights you ofc want to shield barrier instead but there's very few fights were this is necessary.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KinderHell
      Hi,
      I've just finished normal with my main 890ilvl (54 points) prot tank and also with my 876ilvl (36 points) druid tank.
      My conclusion is the following:
      The protection warrior is taking way to high damage from almost all abilities except auto-attacks which are low anyway.
      Shield block doesn't work against any of the abilities in nighthold and doesn't help with any magical skills.
      Basically our block even with 2 set items, having aprox 65% crit block chance is useless in Nighthold.
      The fact that our main reduction ability except our 8k-ish armor is useless for all Nighthold bosses. Demo, LS, SW, SR are ok for stack abilities or strong abilities but they couldn't be frequent enough. The damage taken spikes are crazy...just crazy and I've kept IP 40-60% of the damage and decent 90% + bracket dps.
      Paladin tank and warrior tank used to be very similar in damage taken ( normal damage taken ), now paladin is taking 100 millions and warrior is taking 200-400 million on same boss. This is because their damage is percent damage reduction and that works for magical also, but our shield block is irrelevant. Also paladins block spells now.
      In regard to my 876ilvl druid, I've done Guldan solo tanking without any stress. I've done rest of bosses without a problem, only keeping 1-2 stack of ironfur up and using rest of my rage for the 30% reduction every 10 sec, and I won't even start with the amount of cds druids have. These runs showed me how warrior is 0 compared to paladin,druid and DK. 
      I would place warrior on last place under DK, as Shield Block is an irreleant ability in this raid. You can check logs and compare raids from EN and Nighthold. It seems that to be so-so with a warrior tank you would have to maximize versatility and ignore every other stat :|, maybe then you will start reducing some damage from this raid.

I believe that even the first version of warrior tank from start of EN couldn't handle Nighthold as good as paladin,druid can now. They were just op at low level for being able to handle high mythic dungeons at low gear for stacking IP 2 million absorb, but they scaled bad compared to others and that IP would drop in 2 hits on Mythic EN content, making it so-so anywany.

Post below if any ideas pop to mind related to the above problem. Thanks ! 

• By spookychick13
      Hi,

Heading into Nighthold for the first time tonight and now sure how to spec.
      ST?
      AOE?
      MoC or Volley? Is Stampede worth taking?

Help please.
    • By Xantrias
      Hello everyone
      My guild and I raided EN last sunday and cleared normal mode easy enough and because we still had time, we started a heroic run aswell. For HC, I started a log that includes the boss kills Nythendra, Il'gynoth and Dragons of Nightmare.
      I am able to extract quite a bit of information for healers and DDs, but it seems that I don't really know what to look for, when trying to determine MY performance as a Blood DK (Yovana). I'm sure the information is there, but when it comes to Tanks in general, I'm struggling a little bit.
      In general, I think I'm doing ok because I don't get complaints from the healers and I don't really die, but if someone could point out obvious mistakes or inefficiencies, that would be very helpful.
      What catches my eye is the rather high amount of overheal of DS with 40%. I know that this is not really good, but then again, if I'm not taking any substantial amount of dmg, I'm not gonna sit on my runes and instead deal dmg with DS. So that explains the overheal a bit.
      Note that we had to top off our group with random players (1 random healer and several random DDs).
      Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6pPWQz2jGCrX9aM#boss=-2&difficulty=0&type=summary
      Thank you all for any help in this matter and have a nice day
      Xantrias
    • By chocoslayer88
      Hey yall! so i'm writing this because i just want to undesrtand something. my friend and i compared numbers today because we are both shadow priests albeit i have a higher ilvl than he does maybe by around 7 im sitting at 863 . 
      what happend was during the last fight we decided to do the same -ish rotations meaing we both had vamp touch and shadow pain up on the same boss at all times.
      at the end of the fight i found something odd,
      his vamp touch dealt 4.99m dmg with max hit at 315 and minimum 
      mine only dealt 3.71 with max hit at 335 but take this in, minimum hit at 17k LOLLL
      another thing that got my attention
      his max hit on mind blast was 512 k, while mine was only at 281k.
      his crit and mastery stands at 20% and 40%, mine at 24% and 42%
      his haste stands at 27 and mine stands at 24
      can anyone explain this? at all? does it make any sense at all LOL
    • By Nyancoil
      Hello all,
      This is my first post in this area of the forum and I was wondering if someone can help me.
      I've recently started logging my encounters - starting with my guilds ToV HC run.
      While I'm always usually in the top 2-5 people on the DPS meter during raids, the log I took for the ToV HC run show me to be in the lower percentiles for that fight for my gear level (879 equipped, 880 bagged). I'd appreciate it if someone could enlighten me and let me know if there is something wrong in my rotation? Anything is appreciated, I'd like to maximise what I can if there's more I can eek out of my spec!
      Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4p1dqz73WD86jnRL/#type=damage-done&source=5 (it's a live log so it'll be constantly updating while this run is going)
      Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/68rytKvmMxH7RTkc#fight=17 (for some other information - here is my Kara clear for the week (with NB))
      Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Eaglie/simple
      If any more information is required please let me know!
      Thanks guys!