Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can Someone Help me Pour Through This Data? Prot warrior help please

2 posts in this topic

Hello Icy VeinsPosted Image

I recently came back to the game after long break and started playing a warrior as my main after close to 5 years as a ranged dps caster for beta through the start of cata. I love playing my Prot Warrior however I know I am not maximizing my potential.

I am the off-tank in all our runs so I was hoping someone with intricate knowledge of our class could help me data mine and help me determine where I need to improve my dps and my tanking in general. I am still shaky as to when is the best time to use Shield Block and Shield Barrier.

Any and all help is appreciated. I just came back to the game and am raiding at a pretty high level for my knowledge of the class and want to continue raiding. I am killastank.

I could make this post extremely long but I'll try to shorten it.

Dont overuse heroic strike like you do, use the rage on SB/Sbar instead because it's way more efficient. As far as I've experienced prot warriors do NOT do a lot of dps. They just dont. I'm playing prot warrior as my main with 497 ilvl and still I dont pull out more than 50-55k on a single target fight whilst most other classes have no problem at all to reach 65-70k such as the dk in your logs. The warriors big strength is to reduce spikiness through blocking. Wich in other words means stack mastery and get spamming that shield block. On magical fights you ofc want to shield barrier instead but there's very few fights were this is necessary.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury:
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed:
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
    • By Hitry
      Hi I am working on a sim for prot warrior since simulationcraft doesn't work for it currently, you can check it out here if you like:
      It runs pretty slow so scaling will take a lot of time. Have some problems with it still, like where haste will give more or less uptime on shield block depending on the current rating for some reason. If you find any other bugs please let me know. Currently for me it reports armor>haste>mastery>vers>strength>crit, with armor pretty far ahead - could be that darkmoon fair armor trinket is worth a try!
    • By Mulajin
      Hate to be another needy fellow who is having a hard time analyzing the logs, but I'm trying to dig through and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find it all...
      I have Greenskins Waterlogged bracers, so i've thrown BttE into the rotation (when I remember to check the CD) and follow with the next PS proc (hopefully Blunderbuss!) that's my only rotation variation I'm attempting. I havent been using ghostly strike, because I have a terrible time remembering to keep it up, but I'm going to try again. (I wasn't specced  with GS for these logs) 
      I think I might be having an issue with casting PS/BB too much, but I'm sure there are other issues.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      ShadowCraft: (SC seems to be weird, is it not yet fully capable of handling all the ilvl variations?)
      Thanks a bunch guys.
      Edit: note: I know I'm using old pots/flasks, I'm a bit behind on being able to upgrade, so I'm currently only using current pots/flasks on some occasions. 
    • By zanpander
      so im 848 ilvl and in mythics i do around 150k-200k dps  but mostly on the low end  is this normal ? 
      rotation  the icy veins rotation 
      warcraft log ( im new to making logs so idk if i messed this up or not )
    • By Ronspear
      Hey guys, I've been playing Fire mage for the first time since Legion. I did my research on almost everything you need to know on Fire Mages. I've spent hours on the rotation and I believe that I've almost mastered it.
      Now, the reason I am posting on the forum is because I need advise...
      I can't seem to exceed as much as I am suppose to as a fire mage. If I compare myself to what I see on Warcraft logs, fire mages of my ITL, are almost always first or second DPS. And even my fire mage guildie that is slightly under gear does much more damage then me on every fight...
      I believe that my gear is decent and so is my artifact tree... I do have decent trinkets ... So my conclusion is that I am missing something in my rotation, or that I am prioritizing something that I am not suppose to...
      Could anyone help me out? I have my latest Warcraft logs, here is one of them
      If you need any more , I could link the entire raid last week.
      Thank you!!