Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pandariah

Forum Interaction

7 posts in this topic

So... Why do you guys think people are so snippy and rude in forums?

I've found that here at Icy-Veins, it's much less a regular thing. Blizzard's official forums? Oh boy. Hang onto your knickers, girls!

It confuses me. We're all here to share in enjoying this game, or Hell, any topic online, really. Why can't we have friendly debates? Why is someone else instantly wrong and should just, "delete your account bro?" I just don't get it. I love being social, and especially debating viewpoints, but... People are insufferable and make it so much less enjoyable.

Weigh in - what do you think causes these behaviors?

PS: Widows kill me, but I don't feel like changing my wording. Tired + lazy = fail.

The internet causes said behavior. People are safe in the confines of their home and they can literally tell anybody anything because all they see is a computer screen and not a person.

While that's absolutely true - it doesn't explain the why, the reason they act like... Well... Idiots. It makes me sad, because I rather enjoy a good debate, or sharing within a community. I made the mistake of posting on the Blizzard forums... Oi. I regretted it within hours. Needless to say, I deleted my posts, because they weren't even given the light of day, at least in any constructive manner.

They act all big and bad online, but what's funny, is I know these people. They're socially awkward when there's no keyboard, no monitor protecting them. I guarantee my personality would crush them, not hatefully or literally being mean, but they wouldn't know what to do with my comfort level. I, for one, make extensive eye contact. I feel it's respectful to devote your attention to someone, and shows confidence when properly connecting with an individual. If I were to do so with the typical forum poster, they would probably whine about how I'm a homo and to quit gawking at them.

I personally believe it's a defense mechanism that they use. They're so unhappy with who they are that they must attack others. But what really makes me laugh, is I personally am quite the opposite of these people. I love social interaction, and have always been, and been considered a social butterfly. I deal well with large groups, love working with others. To me, it's the highlight of modern day society. Especially in this day and age! Communication is at its easiest. And yet, the most people can come up with is calling each other derogatory terms for homosexuals and questioning another's sexuality. It's rather pathetic, to be honest.

1 person likes this

I don't really have an answer as to why the official forums are as they are. I know that every place where we interact with people on the internet (mostly Facebook and Youtube), we spend a lot of time moderating comments and user-submitted contributions, so that things remain civil.

On our forums, we also try to keep things civil, and it works because our community is relatively small. I have no doubt that as these forums will grow, it will get harder and harder to keep them the way they are today :P

2 people like this

I think Damien hit the nail on the head. Icy Veins is still fairly small, and by in large its easy to manage. The more people you have though the more likely you are to have idiots!

Hopefully we can keep the idiots down to a minimum and just generate stimulating discussions between the people who post here. Its nice to know that there is somewhere that you can post as a total "noob" and not be trolled because of it. People here genuinely want to help other players out there!

Shame there arent more players like that ingame as well!

1 person likes this

I agree 100%! It's a blessing to be here, because indeed, you can ask "stupid" questions, and actually get an answer. I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys put into Icy-Veins, Damien. Also, you're from France? I wanna go to Paris. ;-; Took four years of French, and on the fourth year, my school wouldn't let us travel abroad... Like every fourth year class before us. Super jelly!

Also... Yay ADD! >:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeeImperium
      Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.  We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
      Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.

Raid Info
      Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic

What to expect from us...
      - Raids that start and end on time.
      - A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
      - Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
      - Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
      - A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
      - An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
      - Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
      - Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
      - We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.

What we expect from you...
      - Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
      - Great verbal communication during raid.
      - Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
      - High to perfect raid attendance.
      - Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
      - Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
      - Be active and contribute to the guild forums.

Currently Recruiting:
      1 Melee DPS
      1 Ranged DPS
      1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
      Exceptional players are always considered.

Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
      Vee#1811
      Mochi#11316
      Roxycodone#1543
      Nyyankees29#1435
      Skratchh#1194

• By Moonfly
      Hello everyone,

SALT, is a guild formed in the start of Legion, and we are recruiting additional members for our main team to build a mythic roster. And also for our more relaxed heroic/social-raid team.

The guild was formed by bringing together friends from different guilds to make a fresh start, with our goal being to provide a fun but progressive raiding environment, with a focus on clearing heroic and mythic content.

We are looking to expand our roster, and have open raid spots for:

Main team:
      Healers Cloth dps (High prio on spriest and warlock) 2 Hunters 1 Holy paladin 1 Resto druid 1 Resto shaman 1 Ret paladin 1 Warrior 1 DK
      Social team:
      All classes
      We have open spots for more classes, check our website for updated info.

Even if we are not currently recruiting your class/spec we are always open to take a look at exceptional players/applications.

Your previous raiding experience is not the be all and end all, however we do ask for individuals who can demonstrate maturity (18+), commitment and a strong understanding of their class and spec.

Website: www.SALT.guildlaunch.com. You can also find us on the EU Twisting Nether forum if you search there.

Progress

Emerald Nightmare:
      7/7 Heroic
      1/7 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      3/3 Normal

Raid Days:
      Wednesday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Thursday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Sunday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website for more information. Alternatively, please speak to one of our officers in game: Zherin or Moonfly.

Casual/social players are always welcome

We look forward to hearing from you.
    • By Nobbykinz
      http://www.sandboxtigers.com
      Sandbox Tigers, a guild for fun loving people of any level or skill who enjoy a stress free, family friendly atmosphere to play in.

Our members enjoy all aspects of PVE and PVP. 

We are currently looking for active social raiders looking to progress. We've cleared EN normal and the first couple of bosses on heroic. The main thing holding us back is too few active raiders, sure we can pug a group and clear heroic but it's not the same as a full guild run.

So we're looking for people who want to be part of a progressive, social guild and everything that comes along with that. 

We currently raid 2 nights a week:
      Monday and Thursday 9pm til late 

Taking all classes, the type of person is key not what char you play.

Please contact me directly - Nobbykinz#2994
    • By Tsha
      Realm Type: Normal (PvE)
      Realm Timezone: CST
      Connected Realm: Runetotem
      Looking for: We are ALL inclusive.
      PVE, casual dungeons/raids, weekly scheduled guild events.
      11/19/16 We are still recruiting.
      Thralls Fist is a mature/social/casual guild of friendly, helpful people and we're eager to add even more friends to our numbers.  Our numbers include those with disabilities, (physical and social,) and some with full work schedules, so we're very flexible.  We are NOT a progression raid guild.  We are more inclined to take our time and enjoy the content along the way, making sure all our members are geared before moving on to the next level.  Why race to the end only to sit around and be bored until the next xpac comes out?
      We schedule regular battlegrounds, dungeons, casual raids, guild events and contests that are just for fun. Also mount, achievement and transmog runs, when requested by our members. We provide guild repairs that increase with rank and have a 7 tab vault. We're interested in growing and having fun and anyone who wishes to participate, no matter your abilities, may do so.  
      Our current voice communications program is Mumble® and we use it for day to day chatting as well as depending on voice in dungeons/raids/battlegrounds.  It is not required unless you are joining a scheduled raid/dungeon/battleground and then only to listen. You are not required to speak if you are uncomfortable doing so.
      Our website is http://thrallsfist.wix.com/thrallsfist
      Email is thrallsfist@gmail.com
      For in-game contact:
      GM - Tsha,  or /who Thralls Fist and whisper anyone on for an invite
      Please contact us with any questions. We're looking forward to adding you to our family

• By Narii625
      VISIT OUR WEBSITE!
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      LOOT STYLE
      Currently we are using the EPGP system (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP).
      The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      RAIDING SCHEDULE
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [6/7H] Trial of Valor, [2/3N] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. The Karazhan mega-dungeon is done on a weekly basis on Saturdays! We will help with attunement! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!

If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, Battle.net ID: Narii#1891
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com