Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pandariah

Forum Interaction

7 posts in this topic

So... Why do you guys think people are so snippy and rude in forums?

I've found that here at Icy-Veins, it's much less a regular thing. Blizzard's official forums? Oh boy. Hang onto your knickers, girls!

It confuses me. We're all here to share in enjoying this game, or Hell, any topic online, really. Why can't we have friendly debates? Why is someone else instantly wrong and should just, "delete your account bro?" I just don't get it. I love being social, and especially debating viewpoints, but... People are insufferable and make it so much less enjoyable.

Weigh in - what do you think causes these behaviors?

PS: Widows kill me, but I don't feel like changing my wording. Tired + lazy = fail.

The internet causes said behavior. People are safe in the confines of their home and they can literally tell anybody anything because all they see is a computer screen and not a person.

While that's absolutely true - it doesn't explain the why, the reason they act like... Well... Idiots. It makes me sad, because I rather enjoy a good debate, or sharing within a community. I made the mistake of posting on the Blizzard forums... Oi. I regretted it within hours. Needless to say, I deleted my posts, because they weren't even given the light of day, at least in any constructive manner.

They act all big and bad online, but what's funny, is I know these people. They're socially awkward when there's no keyboard, no monitor protecting them. I guarantee my personality would crush them, not hatefully or literally being mean, but they wouldn't know what to do with my comfort level. I, for one, make extensive eye contact. I feel it's respectful to devote your attention to someone, and shows confidence when properly connecting with an individual. If I were to do so with the typical forum poster, they would probably whine about how I'm a homo and to quit gawking at them.

I personally believe it's a defense mechanism that they use. They're so unhappy with who they are that they must attack others. But what really makes me laugh, is I personally am quite the opposite of these people. I love social interaction, and have always been, and been considered a social butterfly. I deal well with large groups, love working with others. To me, it's the highlight of modern day society. Especially in this day and age! Communication is at its easiest. And yet, the most people can come up with is calling each other derogatory terms for homosexuals and questioning another's sexuality. It's rather pathetic, to be honest.

1 person likes this

I don't really have an answer as to why the official forums are as they are. I know that every place where we interact with people on the internet (mostly Facebook and Youtube), we spend a lot of time moderating comments and user-submitted contributions, so that things remain civil.

On our forums, we also try to keep things civil, and it works because our community is relatively small. I have no doubt that as these forums will grow, it will get harder and harder to keep them the way they are today :P

2 people like this

I think Damien hit the nail on the head. Icy Veins is still fairly small, and by in large its easy to manage. The more people you have though the more likely you are to have idiots!

Hopefully we can keep the idiots down to a minimum and just generate stimulating discussions between the people who post here. Its nice to know that there is somewhere that you can post as a total "noob" and not be trolled because of it. People here genuinely want to help other players out there!

Shame there arent more players like that ingame as well!

1 person likes this

I agree 100%! It's a blessing to be here, because indeed, you can ask "stupid" questions, and actually get an answer. I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys put into Icy-Veins, Damien. Also, you're from France? I wanna go to Paris. ;-; Took four years of French, and on the fourth year, my school wouldn't let us travel abroad... Like every fourth year class before us. Super jelly!

Also... Yay ADD! >:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Mythic Nighthold and then onto ToS.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events.
      Wed: TOV HC
      Thurs: Nighthold HC
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: Nighthold N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + Nighthold HC
      Mon: Emerald Nightmare HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday
      As we establish ourselves people are welcome to come and go to any of the events with no pressure to attend all, With raiders gaining the benefit and support of the guild bank to maintain and keep us going throughout the raid.
      Social or normal members will be able to join on any of the farm raids, alts also welcome. All requirements for the raids are posted in the calendar (ilvl+dps).
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Pyroborg
      Victory or Die Laughing!

H <Thralls Fist> Uther/Runetotem is recruiting.

We are a mature/social/casual guild of friendly, helpful folks who believe that Wow is a game and should be fun. Our guild is inclusive of all types of players. Our members include people with full work schedules, people of all ages (although we do tend to lean toward the older crowd) and backgrounds, and folks with a wide range of gaming experience and capabilities. We have veterans of Wow who have been around since Vanilla and those that are new to the game. We have members with significant raiding experience and those who have never been in a raid.

Our goal is to provide a place for like-minded members to be part of a community. While we are looking to add new members and friends, we are not looking to be a huge guild. Instead, we would like to be the place “Where everybody knows your name.” Most evenings we have a group of folks in game and chatting up Mumble with terrible jokes and puns.

Our guild activities include Dungeons, LFR, Transmog runs, Battlegrounds, Mount and Achievement runs, helping out members with quests (hello Suramar), and other guild events and contests. Our most popular activity in Legion is doing guild dungeon runs to help members finish quests (especially profession quests). Many of our members are not comfortable pugging dungeons and therefore, we have regular polls to schedule dungeon runs including mythic zero runs for the members that need them.

We recently started a group running Mythic and M+ dungeons and it has been very successful. While we never intend to push for server rankings or be a “progression” guild, we do have members that are experienced with and enjoy end game content. However, our goals will always be to have fun and be inclusive. Our mythic team mainly helps folks who don’t want to pug with quests that require running a Mythic dungeon, but we do see how far we can go in Mythic+. Currently, we do not have an active raiding team, but this is something that we are hopeful to build in the future.

We provide guild repairs that increase with rank and have a 7 tab vault. Our current voice communications program is Mumble® and we use it for day to day chatting as well as depending on voice in dungeons/raids/battlegrounds. All guild activities are scheduled using the in-game calendar. We also have a Facebook page for guild communication and discussion (access granted after a new member trial period).

Please contact us with any questions. We're looking forward to adding you to our family.

Contact Information:
      Our informational website is http://thrallsfist.wix.com/thrallsfist
      Email is thrallsfist@gmail.com
      For in-game invites: /who Thralls Fist and whisper anyone on for an invite
      GM = Tsha
      Officers= Vexamar, Belixe, Balkorr
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!

What We Offer:

The largest and most active World of Warcraft guild in the world, with 10,000 members in 10 different guilds, we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...

Raiding:

7/7 M + 5/10 M Progression 7 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: www.coguild.com/raiding

PvP:

Multiple PvP Teams An entire Sub-Guild dedicated to non-stop PvP action! Countless members constantly looking for BG Farming! Learn more about our PvP offering and sign up on or website: www.coguild.com/rbgs

For Socials:

Always active guild chat - 10 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spam, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as a staff member!
      Out of WoW:

Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft or 7DaysToDie Battlefield 1 + Battlefield 4 Clans Elder Scrolls Online Guild Rust Group Always active Discord w/ over 2500 connected users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways __________________________________________________________________

To Join:
      If you find yourself on Sargeras, simply ask for an invite! If you're not on Sargeras yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!

http://www.coguild.com/join

Contact Us:

You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.

Coldcrow#1329

Joberty#7753

Empathine#3105

OR

Email us at:

Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg

Swampage@currentlyonline.gg

We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Gotodengo
      Who are The Gang Tries Raiding: TGTR are capital M mature people who love raiding (though it will be a good while before we dip our toes in the mythic pool) doing m+ dungeons and witty banter. We are a tight-knit guild who have filthy senses of humor, care about each other and ruheally enjoy downing bosses and getting geared.

Activity level: We are in Discord daily, raid Thursdays (8-10pm) and Sundays (7-10pm) CST and have at least one group of mythic plus dungeoners online. Alts are the norm and welcome. We are developing PVP teams, pet battlers and will soon have our first pure socializing type event.

Bring the deeps: We are casual but we want to start carving our initials into the foreheads of the big bads. We have some fleet fingered 500-750k dps single target and multiple millions aoe members and we are looking for more. If you heal like Velen himself (or want to) and/or make Germany's Leopard 2A7 look like a kitten, we will make room too. Come be a fat carp in our puddle. If you just want to hang out and shoot the, ahem, “breeze” you are also welcome.

Social environment: We're social, funny and despite the salty language, pretty ethically minded folks. LGBT friendly (we have, and welcome, all kinds of genitals and what you want to do with yours is none of our business) non-ageist (unless you are sub 25, then we are virulently against your youth and vitality and you should get off our collective lawn post haste). We’re kind, we believe in taking care of our people and getting that wow specific kind of high that comes with raiding, high level mythics, pvp battles and finding shiny new transmog.

Want to see if we fit: https://discord.gg/NqrZjVJ or add me zewife#2998 for a chat.
    • By Moonfly
      Hello everyone,

SALT is an 18+ Horde PVE guild located on Twisting Nether EU, formed at the start of Legion.

Our goal is to provide a fun but progressive raiding environment, with a focus on clearing relevant heroic and mythic content.

We are recruiting to strengthen our main team as we progress further into mythic Nighthold. We have several vacancies for players who can demonstrate maturity (18+), commitment and a strong knowledge of their class and spec.

Main team:
      Melee DPS Ret Paladin Rogue Ranged DPS Boomkin SPriest Warlock Social team:
      All classes
      * Even if we are not currently recruiting your class/spec we are always open to take a look at exceptional players/applications.

Website: www.SALT.guildlaunch.com. You can also find us on the EU Twisting Nether forum if you search there.

Progress

Nighthold :
      10/10 Normal
      10/10 Heroic
      2/10 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      3/3 Normal
      3/3 Heroic
      Emerald Nightmare:
      7/7Normal
      7/7 Heroic
      1/7 Mythic

Raid Days:
      Wednesday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Thursday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Sunday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      (Alt / social runs on Saturday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time)

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website for more information. Alternatively, please speak to one of our officers in game: Zherin, Moonfly or Vrenck.

Casual/social players are always welcome

We look forward to hearing from you.