Pandariah

Forum Interaction

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

So... Why do you guys think people are so snippy and rude in forums?

I've found that here at Icy-Veins, it's much less a regular thing. Blizzard's official forums? Oh boy. Hang onto your knickers, girls!

It confuses me. We're all here to share in enjoying this game, or Hell, any topic online, really. Why can't we have friendly debates? Why is someone else instantly wrong and should just, "delete your account bro?" I just don't get it. I love being social, and especially debating viewpoints, but... People are insufferable and make it so much less enjoyable.

Weigh in - what do you think causes these behaviors?

The internet causes said behavior. People are safe in the confines of their home and they can literally tell anybody anything because all they see is a computer screen and not a person.

While that's absolutely true - it doesn't explain the why, the reason they act like... Well... Idiots. It makes me sad, because I rather enjoy a good debate, or sharing within a community. I made the mistake of posting on the Blizzard forums... Oi. I regretted it within hours. Needless to say, I deleted my posts, because they weren't even given the light of day, at least in any constructive manner.

They act all big and bad online, but what's funny, is I know these people. They're socially awkward when there's no keyboard, no monitor protecting them. I guarantee my personality would crush them, not hatefully or literally being mean, but they wouldn't know what to do with my comfort level. I, for one, make extensive eye contact. I feel it's respectful to devote your attention to someone, and shows confidence when properly connecting with an individual. If I were to do so with the typical forum poster, they would probably whine about how I'm a homo and to quit gawking at them.

I personally believe it's a defense mechanism that they use. They're so unhappy with who they are that they must attack others. But what really makes me laugh, is I personally am quite the opposite of these people. I love social interaction, and have always been, and been considered a social butterfly. I deal well with large groups, love working with others. To me, it's the highlight of modern day society. Especially in this day and age! Communication is at its easiest. And yet, the most people can come up with is calling each other derogatory terms for homosexuals and questioning another's sexuality. It's rather pathetic, to be honest.

• Like 1

I don't really have an answer as to why the official forums are as they are. I know that every place where we interact with people on the internet (mostly Facebook and Youtube), we spend a lot of time moderating comments and user-submitted contributions, so that things remain civil.

On our forums, we also try to keep things civil, and it works because our community is relatively small. I have no doubt that as these forums will grow, it will get harder and harder to keep them the way they are today :P

• Like 2

I think Damien hit the nail on the head. Icy Veins is still fairly small, and by in large its easy to manage. The more people you have though the more likely you are to have idiots!

Hopefully we can keep the idiots down to a minimum and just generate stimulating discussions between the people who post here. Its nice to know that there is somewhere that you can post as a total "noob" and not be trolled because of it. People here genuinely want to help other players out there!

Shame there arent more players like that ingame as well!

• Like 1

I agree 100%! It's a blessing to be here, because indeed, you can ask "stupid" questions, and actually get an answer. I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys put into Icy-Veins, Damien. Also, you're from France? I wanna go to Paris. ;-; Took four years of French, and on the fourth year, my school wouldn't let us travel abroad... Like every fourth year class before us. Super jelly!

Also... Yay ADD! >:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chxrliesheen
      Twilight's Hammer, Agamaggan, Bloodscalp, Crushrudge, Emeriss, Hakkar
      Hey there! 
      Storm of the Badlands is a new but active guild looking for more members! 
      If you are new back to Legion, grinding rep and world quests, join us as we have levelers or max levels that are willing to help. We are looking for active people, who aren't wanting any big commitments. Being social still means you can join in mythics and other guild runs when you are online!
      We currently do mythic (keystones) and old achievement runs, and are looking for more members interested in raiding casually. Our members are able to raid with a friendly guild as pugs for more serious raiding, without the commitment.
      We will perhaps raid properly once we are all up to speed with content and have enough willing members~

We are looking for friendly, social and active people. Our guild bank is well stocked with mats, consumables and for some, guild repairs. Please join us if you are interested :) Message me in-game "Nellina-Twilight's Hammer" in the evenings for more info!

TL;DR: recruiting social people, for mythics and casual raids or just for fun.
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Heroic Tos and onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      We are a very active guild with events on most days for example:

Wed: Day of Reset
      Thurs: TOS Heroic
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: TOS N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + TOS Heroic
      Mon: NH HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By wavejenkins
      We are Lore
      a fairly new raiding guild founded midway through WOD, we pride ourselves in our small size as each of our members is treated like family and friends, run by 5 close officers each with own responsibility and willing to give up there time for the guild, because of this we went from barely clearing WOD raids to clearing all content in normal and HC, because of this we have had to expand and now wish to find new members to join our guild and will be pushing to progress onto HC TOS after next week, we are looking for active, social, dedicated raid members and guild members who wish to have a fun and enjoyable time while doing it, as there is no point in doing something if your not having fun, we accept all from hardcore mythic raiders who dont have the time to keep up with the current mythic schedule to new raiders who haven't stepped foot into an organised raid, we train all and realize everyone is different, if this sounds like the guild for you please  dont hesitate to contact any member of lore to ask for information or add me on battle.net wavejenkins@googlemail.com, look forward to hearing from some of you and good luck in your searches 
      Wave
      1st officer of lore 
    • By Aereth
      <Tempest> of Khaz'goroth/Dath'remar is recruiting!
      We are a laid back 21+ guild based in Australia for the most part. We understand that some don't have a large amount of time to commit to raiding due to real life commitments- jobs, kids, hassles etc :P
      Because of this we are dedicated to providing a stress free raiding environment 2 days per week in addition to an active social community. 
      Check us out at discord https://discord.gg/eNn7ugT
      We are currently 9/9N and 5/9H
      Social apps are available for all classes and levels! If this sounds like the guild for you please contact us!
      Previous tier progression was 1/7M, 3/3H and 10/10H NH
      Raiding info:
      We raid from 8pm sharp server time Sundays and Wednesdays for 3 hours and predominantly use loot council for loot distribution.
      Recruitment openings:
      DPS with tank OS- who is comfortable using it (druid or DH would be great but can be flexible with class)
      A DPS shaman - ele or enh (a healing OS would be great)
      We would also consider the following dps only classes in some circumstances:
      DH
      Rogue
      Druid
      Shadow Priest
      WW Monk
      Ret Pally
      Warlock
      We will of course give consideration to those who fall outside our recruitment needs if you think you may be a good fit for Tempest.
      If this sounds like you, or you would like some more info please pst or mail Aereth (Aereth#1439).
    • By Aereth
      <Tempest> of Khaz'goroth/Dath'remar is recruiting!
      We are a laid back 21+ guild based in Australia for the most part. We understand that some don't have a large amount of time to commit to raiding due to real life commitments- jobs, kids, hassles etc :P
      Because of this we are dedicated to providing a stress free raiding environment 2 days per week in addition to an active social community. 
      Check us out at discord https://discord.gg/eNn7ugT
      Social apps are available for all classes and levels! If this sounds like the guild for you please contact us!
      Previous tier progression was 1/7M and 3/3H
      Raiding info:
      We raid from 8pm sharp server time Sundays and Wednesdays for 3 hours and predominantly use loot council for loot distribution.
      Recruitment openings: 
      1x Tank- any class - must also be comfortable dpsing
      DPS with healing offspecs
      -WW Monk
      -Shadow Priest
      -Ret Paladin
      -Enh or Ele Shaman
      -Feral or boomkin druid
      We would also consider the following DPS classes without a healing OS
      DH
      warlock
      rogue
      DK
      druid
      We will of course give consideration to those who fall outside our recruitment needs if you think you may be a good fit for Tempest.
      If this sounds like you, or you would like some more info please pst or mail Aereth (Aereth#1439).