FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Green Fire: Quest Line + Kanrethad strategy

Zagam - US-Mal'Ganis would gladly accept any Tome donation from any Icy-Veins member! ;)

I'm 499 and this is easily the most difficult thing I've ever encountered in the game. I heard it was hard and didn't really believe it. I'm wondering if anyone under 500 has been able to do it because I'm losing hope. I'm on hour six. It still seems doable, hardest part is burning the felhunters down faster enough. If you put the Pit Lord too far out, he won't be able to get back in time to interrupt Cataclysm.

I think this is FUCKING awesome though. Like.. WAY awesome. First off, the lore is incredible. Really makes you feel something to play a lock. Secondly, you have to know this class in and out. Truly feels like something that's earned. *Still have yet to kill him. Some tips:

-macro for Doom Lord

/tar Doom Lord

/focus

/cast Banish

- helps me manage banishing

hotkey the pet's Move To in order to place the Pit Lord faster. hotkey everything.

I had a derp moment of noticing that once enslaved, the pit lord doesnt default attack. I had to change that and I also throw out a fel flame breath too at first because I can dispell the first dot with imp sac.

One the first set of felhunters, use a intellect potion. That should help immensely with getting them down quick enough. Can save Infernal for second set of felhunters.

Im 498. I have completed the quest. It is possible. Don't give up!!!

Hi guys!

I really really need some tips with fell hunter phase.. I managed to kill all imps but then i enter fell hunter phase i die..

I try to send pit lord as far as possible but still i lose it and in the end i am fighting with 3 fell hunters and pit lord.. and of course i die..

any tips how to fight in that phase would be nice! I am 490ilvl aff warlock.

p.s Zagam, the best way to get tome is to kill rare mobs. 3 hours of killing rare mobs and i got it.

p.s. Zagam if you wanna try the encounter just tell me and i can lend you my account :D

respectfully,

Mode

Hi guys!

I really really need some tips with fell hunter phase.. I managed to kill all imps but then i enter fell hunter phase i die..

I try to send pit lord as far as possible but still i lose it and in the end i am fighting with 3 fell hunters and pit lord.. and of course i die..

p.s Zagam, the best way to get tome is to kill rare mobs. 3 hours of killing rare mobs and i got it.

p.s. Zagam if you wanna try the encounter just tell me and i can lend you my account Posted Image

respectfully,

Mode

I've killed about 150 rare mobs. Congrats on your lucky RNG. RNG never finds its ways into my home (517 attempts for Raven Lord, still no Onyxia Mount, Ashes, Invincible, Mimiron's Head, etc).

Not sure I'd feel legit earning someone else's green fire while I still use red Hellfire :(

I thought I'd share my insights on this fight with the greater Warlock community.

First of all, this is a difficult fight. Don't let elitists or trolls tell you otherwise. It's also a DPS race that requires careful choreography. Below a certain iLevel, this encounter will become increasingly daunting.

There are a few paradigm shifts here from what most warlocks are used to. The first change of perspective is pet micromanagement. Your control of your Pit Lord is one key to success. The other is managing your battlespace.

You'll have read a bunch of guides by now and watched a few videos, same as I did. In the end, I suspect what will work for you personally will be your own plan with some ideas developed from these videos and discussions.

Here are some subtleties which are touched upon in other guides, but rarely emphasised.

-This fight has a 1 minute rhythm. There is one Chaos Bolt a minute, one add spawn a minute, and one Cataclysm that must be interrupted a minute. This is the dance you will master.

-The area of the room you need to use is actually quite small. There is never a need to use the rear pillars for line-of-sighting or "hiding" your Pit Lord. There are two cubbies on either side of the big demon gate that work just fine.

It probably took me 50 or more attempts to get this down. When Kalrethad died for me, it was at the 5:08 point of a 7 minute fight. In the end, I went AFFLICTION. The fight is very beatable as either Affliction or Destruction. If you have really good gear, I expect Affliction is actually a superior spec for it. Destruction may allow you to burst down the Felhunters at a lower iLevel.

PREPARATION

When you first start out, don't bother wasting food or flasks on this. Your goal is to learn both the rhythm of the fight and to master the add waves. The talents and glyphs I found most useful were:

Talents

Soul Leech - Self Healing

Mortal Coil - Clutch Heal

Sacrificial Pact - Not really optional here

Unbound Will - Situationally very useful for debuff removal

Grimoire of Sacrifice - Obvious (Can't have a pet out)

Mannoroth's Fury - Will explain below (Most guides recommend KJ's Cunning)

Glyphs

Siphon Life - Self Healing

Healthstone - Not of a ton of burst damage here, so the extra healing is worth it

Gateway Attunement - Rapid Getaway

Enslave Demon - Rapid enslave removes one more hurdle from this fight

Add remaining glyphs to taste.

Before you click the Soulwell to start the encounter, get your mobility prepared. I generally created a Demonic Gateway from near the center circle to deep in the right cubby, and set my Demonic Teleport to deep in the left cubby on either side of the demonic gateway. Both of these are sufficient to LOS a Chaos Bolt or (as we'll discuss later) the Felhunter's Devour Magic.

One your mobility is placed, and your self buffs are done, you're ready to begin.

STARTING THE FIGHT

After clicking the Soulwell, Kanrethad will walk out and start talking shit. V-Bars are useful here to know the exact moment he becomes attackable. Once that happens, blow your personal cooldowns and start your opening boss rotation. He'll begin summoning a Pit Lord.

My goal was to have Kanrethad at 88% by the time the Pit Lord came out. This may or may not be possible for you, depending on your gear level and personal skill. Nonetheless, the moment he pops, Glyphed Enslave the Pit Lord and set him attacking Kanrethad.

PIT LORD AND YOU

This deserves its own section. The Pit Lord is your ticket to Green Fire. Master him, and you master Kanrethad. He does it all...He tanks, he heals you, he cures your debuffs, and he interrupts Cataclysm.

He will also fuck your shit in if you lose control of him. We'll discuss how NOT to let that happen in a bit.

For now, let's look at his abilities:

-Charge: Very important. Kanrethad takes additional damage while stunned. Once you are comfortable with the rhythm of the fight, use this on cooldown until you're getting close to needing it for Cataclysm. The more Kanrethad is stunned, the less he's casting on you and the more damage you're doing to him.

For this, make the following macro:

/target Kanrethad/cast Charge

Put this button someplace easy to click or better yet, keybind it and become familiar with its location.

-Fel Flame Breath: Also very important. His breath strips your debuffs, and toasts imps like marshmallows. Make the following macro:

/cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath

Again, you want this macro on speed dial. You'll get a really good feel for when it's a good time to strip your debuffs - Like when Kanrethad is summoning another wave of demons. Typically, I stand practically on top of the Pit Lord and the boss, moving only to avoid Rain of Fire so when I use this macro, he only has to spin in place and cure me.

-Demonic Siphon: This ability is an instant Big Ass Heal on you. You want to use it whenever you're below 80% health. It's on a 20 second cooldown so you can use it a lot. Do not neglect it. I actually made a macro to cast it that I put next to me other macros so I wasn't dicking around with my pet bar. Up to you.

-GTFO Macro: At various points during the fight, you will want your Pit Lord out of LOS with the Demonic Gate. This is particularly important when the Felhunters are summoned as they will dispell your Enslave Demon, and then everything will go to shit. I use the following macro to send him into his corner to pout.

/click petactionbutton 3/petpassive

What this does is gives you a reticle to move the Pit Lord to a location and shut him down so he's not impacting combat. You will also want this easily accessible.

THE CYCLE

Ok, so now we know how to use our Pit Lord, and how to park him. We know there's a rhythm to the fight, so let's discuss that for a moment.

From the second Kanrethad is pulled, the timer has begun. At the 1 minute point, you can expect the first wave of Imps. At the 2 minute point, you can expect the first wave of Felhunters. At the three minute point, your first Doom Lord, and then the cycle repeats.

**Pro-Tip** What wasn't obvious to me at first, but is VERY IMPORTANT is that following this cycle means that your Enslave Demon will expire on your Pit Lord at the 5-minute point, which is coincidentally exactly when the second wave of Felhunters comes out. This is a Very Bad Thing™.

Since my strategy is to keep the Pit Lord Enslaved the entire fight, that poses a problem which we solve after the second wave of Imps: You should have a brief lull here. When you do, dismiss the Pit Lord and re-Enslave him while you've got a second to breathe. This will save you panic followed by death later in the fight.

Every minute, three things happen, and in this order:

-Kanrethad summons something annoying from his portal

-Kanrethad casts a Big Ass Chaos Bolt which will one-shot you if not mitigated or LOS'd

-Kanrethad casts Cataclysm, which will blow you up regardless of LOS if not interrupted.

Becoming familiar with that sequence of events and how to deal with them will make this fight both predictable and less intimidating.

RIDING THE CYCLE

Ok, you've Enslaved your Pit Lord and are happily DPSing Kanrethad, and are maintaining awareness of your two escape cubbies. It's important that you are always close to one of these.

When Kanrethad is not doing one of the three things detailed above, he spends his time casting an annoying Rain of Fire on your position, and dropping Agony and Seed of Corruption on you. My rule of thumb is to wait until I see both debuffs on me, and then press the macro from the Pit Lord to Cleanse me.

Suddenly, you'll see Kanrethad begin to cast Chaos Bolt. Don't panic. If you've been staying out of Rain of Fire and have been having the Pit Lord dispell you, you should be at nearly full health. Pop your Sacrificial Pact and eat the Chaos Bolt. Have the Pit Lord heal you with Demonic Siphon and keep DPSing.

-CATACLYSM

Oops! Either Blizzard has bugged it or intentionally tuned the encounter so the first Cataclysm must occur after the first Imp phase. He may start to cast it, but it will fail...Don't feel like you have to interrupt the first one, no matter what, it won't go off.

When Kanrethad runs to the portal, get one last Fel Flame Breath on yourself and get ready to AoE.

-IMPS

60 Imps will pour out of the portal like a clown car. They come in waves. Wait until you see a whole bunch of little Imp V-Bars, and cast a Soulburned Seed of Corruption. Yeah, they'll be nuking you but you'll be healing so fast from Siphon Life and Soul Leech it won't faze you. You'll also be regenning shards very fast. I alternate Soulburned SoC's and non-Soulburned SoCs until they're dead. With Mannoroth's Fury the AOE radius is huge and there's no need to get them all grouped up. Using this method you don't even need to use the Pit Lord's breath to burn them down. Played correctly, you should leave the Imp stage with four shards and plenty of health. If not, have the Pit Lord cleanse and heal you and go back to DPSing him.

-CHAOS BOLT

Yeah, he'll do that again now. Your Sacrificial Pact should be coming back up, so pop that and eat it again, or step into your Demonic Gateway and LOS it.

-CATACLYSM

After failing to one-shot you with Chaos Bolt, he'll run to the center of the room and begin casting Cataclysm. This is the first one that has a chance of going off. Press your Charge macro and enjoy the double DPS on him.

-FELHUNTERS + CHAOS BOLT + CATACLYSM

Ok, this is the tricky part, as I'm sure you've figured out by now. It's actually not too bad once you have a system down and practiced though. The MOMENT the last Cataclysm is interrupted, have your Pit Lord cleanse and heal you, then use your Park It macro above and send him to one of your LOS cubbies. Yeah, his ass will be hanging out, but his LOS point is still protected by the pillar. VERY IMPORTANT - This is why you have two hidey holes...You need to begin moving toward the one on the other side as soon as he's parked. When the Felhunters spawn, they're gonna run to you...You don't want to be anywhere near your Pit Lord.

Once you're on the other side of the gate, prepare for the most intricate part of the dance:

Do NOT try to Multi-Dot the Felhunters as they come out. Burn Dark Soul, and SB:SS the first one. Follow up with a haunt, and he should be at half health. Move on the the second one. SB:SS him as well, and follow up with a haunt, then target the third, and DoT him normally. While you're doing this, you're dragging them toward your second cubby. Why? Because the timing is pretty tight here - Kanrethad is about to chast Chaos Bolt, and you probably won't have enough health to soak it, so you'll have to LOS it.

When Kanrethad begins casting Chaos Bolt, teleport or gateway to your Non-Pit-Lord cubby and LOS it. Kill the last Felhunter normally while out of LOS.

Just as the last Felhunter dies, you should get a message that Kanrethad is casting Cataclysm. Don't panic...Hit your Charge Macro. Even from his hidey-hold, your Pit-Lord will cover the distance and interrupt him before it goes off.

You've been out of range of your Pit Lord for a while now, and your Agony is probably hitting pretty hard. Blow your Unbound Will to strip your debuffs, and have the Pit Lord heal you after the interrupt.

Congratulations, you just survived the dreaded Felhunter stage!

-DOOM LORD

Now Kanrethad will run to the portal and begin summoning again. Yep, that's a Doom Lord, and he's the easiest add to handle, but he also represents a "soft enrage" of the fight. With good gear, you will only see one of these. With less awesome gear, you'll get two. As soon as he spawns, send your Pit Lord in to do some damage on him, and then switch back to Kanrethad. Basically your pet will just tank both the boss and the Doom Lord for the rest of the fight.

-RINSE AND REPEAT

This brings us back full circle to the Imp phase above. My fight ended right after the second Felhunter phase. When it was over, my DPS was about 105K for the duration of the fight. It can be done with lower DPS, but more add phases. I had just under 2 minutes left. If you get a second Doom Lord, just keep it banished.

-OTHER TIPS

Rain of Fire is sneaky. If you're in it for a moment it wont' seem like you're taking a ton of damage, but it is far and away the biggest threat to your health. Move out of it. Always. It's wortht the DPS loss from movement (remember, you don't have KJ's Cunning).

Abuse your pet's heal. Use it constant. Abuse your pet's charge. Just make sure it's up for Cataclysm, but keep Kanrethad stunned as much as possible.

Don't underestimate how bad Agony and Seed will hurt if allowed to increment or detonate. If your have your Pit Lord parked, don't hesitate to blow Unbound Will to purge your debuffs.

Keep the order of events omnipresent in your head. If demons just came out, you know your next special delivery is a Chaos Bolt. If you just soaked a Chaos Bolt, you know a Cataclysm is coming and your charge had better be off cooldown.

Save Dark Soul for the Felhunters. The faster they die, the less chaotic the Felhunter phase is.

Good luck. Green fire looks mean as hell and beating this fight is the single hardest personal accomplishment I've achieved in WoW. It's doable with practice and persistence, from the high 400 iLevels on, and the feeling of beating this is very personally gratifying.

Edited by Kravn
  • Like 4

GOD I WANT THIS TOME! Why are all the Warlocks who can't beat this guy getting the tome?! Posted Image

cause some of us have a bit of extra gold. bought my tome for 40k. worked on the last encounter for about 7 wipes. going to try again tonight sometime...

I'd gleefully drop 40k on it. On Mal'Ganis, there are two up...one for 275,000 and the other for 400,000.

I'd gleefully drop 40k on it. On Mal'Ganis, there are two up...one for 275,000 and the other for 400,000.

hit them up and see if they'd take $reducedprice for it. "dear so-and-so. the longer you wait to cash in, the more options we'll have to buy elsewhere. take my 40k now, or take someone else's 20 k in a week."

Honestly, I'd rather just keep working on progression...right now, US#69 overall at 11/12...just one more boss then we get to do heroics. I figure the green fire will come when progression gets boring and I need that jolt. Just wish it would drop for free.

Good luck. Green fire looks mean as hell and beating this fight is the single hardest personal accomplishment I've achieved in WoW. It's doable with practice and persistence, from the high 400 iLevels on, and the feeling of beating this is very personally gratifying.

Great write-up!

I really want to go back and try this fight again to try actually moving my pitlord to LoS, I would just use his charge as soon as the 3rd felhunter came out to put the damage debuff onto them and just blow them up. Charge was back off CD by the time he went for a cataclysm. There was a time where it wasn't off CD, but was ready 1-2 seconds in to his Cataclysm cast which was still okay.

Does anyone know if Glyph of Soul Consumption works on the adds in this fight? It must not, otherwise I would think it would be highly recommended by everyone trying this as Aff or Demo.

I really want to try this fight in Demo and Destro, but it seems like its a one-time event after you've killed him.

Edited by Cruzan

I managed to finally beat him (technically) today using Kravn's advice. The only change I made was Kil'jaeden's Cunning instead of Mannoroth's Fury so I could have more uptime on the boss (had a couple of Ultimate Doom deaths with <10% health remaining). When the imps came out, I would move me and the Pit Lord over to the portal, SB:SoC, and use the Fel Flame macro on me.

And Cruzan, Glyph of Soul Consumption does indeed work (at least on the Fel Hounds).

And I say technically because I died when he was at 1%, but on the rez I was able to siphon the fel energies and obtain the codex, but I did not get credit for the quest. That just means I get to go fight him again at some point :D

Want to thank all the guys who posted tips in here. While I haven't yet defeated the guy, but without this site I would be lost. I'm far from the best player, but this boss is helping me do so.

Edited by Kragermilton
  • Like 1

Honestly, I'd rather just keep working on progression...right now, US#69 overall at 11/12...just one more boss then we get to do heroics. I figure the green fire will come when progression gets boring and I need that jolt. Just wish it would drop for free.

i bought it from 80k ... maybe too much maybe not ... considering my luck i guess 80k should do

Posted Image

gl on progress ! o/

Edited by vldsb

I am still working on this fight and although it is very difficult, I love the challenge and I pray that Blizz does not nerf it. I am ilvl 488 and I am quite close to killing him, so while 500+ gear helps (a lot) its not mandatory. The best advice I can give anyone struggling is to read multiple guides and try the different tips and ideas. Some will work great for you, some won't. I got him to 18% yesterday before I missed a stupid Chaos Bolt and died. Here are a few little tips I have found work for me:

-Although almost everyone says go Destro, I have made (by far) the most progress as Affliction. The amount of healing/shards from SB:SoC on the Wild Imps is ridiculous and you can get some good damage on Kanrethad just spamming Haunt. You also have constant rolling damage on him while worrying about the Felpuppies.

-When the Imps start spawning, stand on your Pit Lord's butt and use the fel breath macro found in this guide. He will target the first one, and others will spawn while he is still channeling the breath, giving him aggro. Also this makes his cleave hit the Imps as they initially go after you. Send a SB: SoC at one of the Imps and channel MG, this way more imps will spawn while you're doing enough dmg to pop your SoC. This plus one breath will kill them all, heal the crap out of you with Glyph of Siphon Life, and give you more shards that you can deal with (just spam haunt, you'll get all the shards back anyway)

-To buy yourself more enrage time, use charge to interrupt his cast of Doom in the beginning of the fight. His Cataclysm cast will always fail before he summons the imps, so Interrupt the doom cast as much as possible for extra fight time. Sometimes that extra 20 secs is all you need(ed).

-You MUST have Sac Pact. End of Story. Glyph of Enslave Demon is a must as well.

-Grim of Sac your Imp for Singe Magic and keybind it. You'll need it when you have to fight without your Pit Lord.

-I didn't find Mannoroth's Fury neccessary, stack on your PL's butt and your one SoC, or RoF if you're destro, will hit them all. I found casting while moving to be MUCH more valuable in this fight than the larger AoE. Same with Shadowfury, I prefer Mortal Coil for the heal on a short cool down, especially during the chaotic puppy phase.

-Save shards for the puppies. No matter how hard you DPS Kan, those puppies are coming, so be prepared for them. Stash your PL like usual, and SB:SS the first, second, and third puppy. Teleport out of LoS of Kan, the puppies will chase you and then finish off puppies.

-Lastly... you WILL get this! Keep trying and stay positive! This is a tactical fight, not a zerg/patchwerk fight. It's supposed to be hard AND from what I've read, the end of this patch's wrathion quest chain is supposed to have a very difficult solo scenario! So you'll have a leg up on all the other players!

Good luck!

Hi guys!

p.s. Zagam if you wanna try the encounter just tell me and i can lend you my account Posted Image

respectfully,

Mode

I'm sure Zag has given you a great guide to how its done. I didn't feel like reading it all as I've completed it already. But in regards to the fel hunter stage, I didn't like sending the pit lord far away. I found it was best to use LOS. I had my gateway set up going from center to behind pillar on the right. When the fel hunters were about to come, I would send the pitlord BEHIND the pillar on the left. I would quickly shadowfury the felhunters just to ensure the pitlord was properly positioned. At this point having aggro on all the felhunters, their attempts at dispelling my enslave demon were unsuccessful because of the LOS. I found that this way was really the only way I could guarentee enslave demon wasnt going to be dispelled. The fel hunters die quite fast and by the time cataclysm is being ccast they should be dead, and you should be able to bring the pitlord out to interrupt the cataclysm.

At this point having aggro on all the felhunters, their attempts at dispelling my enslave demon were unsuccessful because of the LOS. I found that this way was really the only way I could guarentee enslave demon wasnt going to be dispelled.

see, i'm an idiot. i kept thinking they (the felhunters) were dispelling -me- not the pit lord. so i never kept him LOS....just very far away figuring "well it's gonna break free...might as well buy myself some time"

but if i can nestle him in that other pillar corner....

I was lucky and got the tome on my 1st rare kill (sorry). But Kanrethad was a hard fight. First 3 days I had 2hrs of wiping each. Yesterday I reached 2nd puppies without probs an on my own dumb forgot to re-ensalve my pitlord. Next try I let him loose as Kanrethad begins to summon the 1st Doomlord, SF stun and re-enslave. Got those damn puppies easy down with DS-pot-havoc-CB kombination in both phases and downed the boss easily with infinite embers as the 3rd bunch of imps were out :) Green fire is so amazing, keep trying its worth it.

I did it as destro with an item lvl of 503 and had no probs with the enrage.

I want you to get this tome so you can throw demonology tips out there for this fight ^^

I bought my tome for 25k a steal in my opinion, its a very tough fight and i've spent a couple of night wiping until i ragequit for bed however the insights from you guys is great so thanks for the guides and such.

I'll definitely have to try the LoS tacts that people were mentioning. I dunno how embarressing this is but I haven't made it past the first pack of felhunters yet without getting one shotted by the chaos bolt, that combo is really frustrating. I love the fight and the difficulty but that one bit....puts me in a bad mood hehe, it'll be worth it for some fel green deeps!

also the story in general, if any of you read it was pretty great it's definitely worth doing just fore some interesting side lore on warlocks and how classes obtained their extra powers e.g. the grimoires

Edited by Cthuulhu

I killed the boss as demonology, despite my fellow warlock buddies telling me to do it as destruction. I didn't watch any videos beforehand, as I wanted to come up with my own strategy. I found this boss to be very fun, challenging, and frustrating all at the same time lol.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net...Pnashh/advanced

Here is the strategy I used (the original highlight from my live stream is located @ http://www.twitch.tv...m2001/c/2018144):

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=y690fPvWltQ

Stop by my stream (http://www.twitch.tv/circatm2001 or http://pnashty.com) or post here if you have any questions.

I used the following talents:

warlock_siphonlife.jpgSoul Leech

ability_warlock_shadowfurytga.jpgShadowfury

warlock_sacrificial_pact.jpgSacrificial Pact

I used ability_deathwing_sealarmorbreachtga.jpgBurning Rush, but warlock_spelldrain.jpgUnbound Will would be an excellent choice as well in case you get stunned at a bad time (pit lord charge or stun effect if you fail to dispel Seed of Terrible Destruction before it expires).

warlock_grimoireofsacrifice.jpgGrimoire of Sacrifice: I sacrificed an imp so I could dispel myself if necessary.

achievement_boss_kiljaedan.jpgKil'jaeden's Cunning

If you pay attention to the top of my screen you will see various WeakAuras (http://www.curse.com...s/wow/weakauras) that I made specifically for this encounter to help simplify things a little bit. If you import the following text string into your WeakAuras it will give you the group of auras that I have created (type /wa to bring up WeakAuras options then click new, go to Import, and copy/paste the block of text into the text box that pops up). A dialogue will pop up that says "Green Fire Boss" Group Children: FFB CB DS Demon Charge Seed of Terrible Destruction. Click on import and you should be good to go.

See spoiler for import string:

d4dJDaGEbPEjqr2faTnbjxgzMsbZvrz2ICykUjvr(Ra3MQ6Zc1ovyVKDdA)qQ(PIQHbj)wLttLHkLQgmKYWfYbLsULGQCmvX5akSqPQLcelwrwoupuq5POwMuONR0ebkzQQQjdX0LCrbXvbk1ZuLCDkTrPuSvGIAZsLTdGpkLs6Ruf10uL67sPYiLsPgNGkJMQ04bsNKQWzLsjUMu05b0Jf13euvVgOA9OVyJ(QeVIXVqHsSVyeXi6lgtXUd(bgrIJXNns8sPU2FoyjUF()p3tnesB(IjqJmqecr9IHw)p2fht4vJhXoeXTvmrq0rRnomHoA93UItNbrFX4lr6l23MkN(QuPsL4S(A8OVy7s4aGAGsSDjCaOAGsC(shwFnER28Ujy8kuH)t4q147MVr9ek1fEnFPsmW5DDlvA0ytuIxJp9jqllMuVyd05Bk3b1xCNd6wV6lUagrIJW0sL4imTujUZGqQujUWU4ycRV49S4mzHUsC7HM1RxX7zXzsmyYaXu51GGoAHmDW0LbNeJyXMYDqXnb8PPy7sbwORuVyeAY219bgrIB7wG4P2a2niUagrI3Yu2vSfsaqWsSXwNyOXNw914rCyEn3IoA9xQuj2UuWEwCMuVycacwIBLl3brhnWEntjsSDPGnIYUoxoyplotwORuVy7sbBeLsdJpPEX2Lc2ZIZ0W4tAsSDPG9S4mzHUstI3ikLggFsJNxHlCpVeNTBD(bEDiK4Y5tiQeJVYuUdQbkXDhSe3kNDieSmj0rR9yADiemduC6mi6l2UuaKaGWAsCOpijUpzYGJoAFYpkrI3ikRV41bJtKgVe7BtLtFnEPEvQeBxkaA8jnjgFjsFX(2u50xLkXqJpj(BGGVEpBjoNm7QV41bJtKyp3ceq8yoiI9TPYPVyp3ceq8yoiQxLkX2LcqCDDUSnva1Ky7sb5ZFYuQxSDPGqFqs9IxxOj9fVoyCIeVzcAWUtSVnvo9fxeu9IR2rWcyNdas9I3mbny3PEXrgCbu9QuPsmIBJsgGEKpOypGfH7mzAMh5dUZAn5sUcyGNn40LbpimVMB7VujU7Wum(SqKpbAzXK4pbAzX0oJJOuQvUCayk3bNdaHtgG7SqYjx0sbSfkoJVOaGAGcW3pI9Dy8H1KyO1)JDXXeE14rmMIDh8dmIe7YhuSjxUdU6lEldU0xSpTRjMelg5c2Zcr0KyFAxtmfuaJiXTLqAObX7zHiI9aweUZKPzTqqMd3zZ9j4mZDXgVaEXXIrUaFAxtmPjX7zHibzVgiKsI9KzlcRsL4Pebr80HqI7BiKbyjU7Wum(SqKWU0H1xJhnE0OrnE04LgpA8wJhvITWc7IJjS(I3ikLggFsJNxHlCpVuj2KI8A04r8KjdEm(SqKpbAzXK4pbAzX0oJJOuQvUCayk3bNdaHtgG7SqYjx0sbSfkoF(ryAxnj2HiUnTPxmOZ76wQ0i8aduINmzWJXNfIe2LoS(A8ObkaBQrJAGcWMA8sdua2uJ3AGcWMQeFyhblt5oOyWCiG89iSwnioJVOaq1afGVFeNVlHCTdQEXtMm4X4ZcrM31TuPrJQ0Or9fBxchauduITlHdavduIboVRBPsJgBIs8A8PpbAzXK6fpzYGhJplejSlDy914rdua2uJg1afGn14LgOaSPgV1afGnvj2aD(MYDq9f35GU1R(IlGrK4imTujoctlvI7miKkvIlSloMW6lEplotwORe3EOz96v8EwCMedMmqmvEniOJwithmDzWjXiwSPChuCtaFAkgHMSDDFGrK42UfiEQnGDdITlfSNfNPHXN0K4nIsPHXNehMxZTOJw)LkX2Lc2ZIZK6fxaJiXeaeSeBxkyJOSRZLd2ZIZKf6k1l2UuWgrP0W4tQxSfsaqWsC58jeX2Lc2ZIZKf6knjMaGGL4Wo)jtHoAnCXIHgFA1xJhXH51Cl6O1FPsL4SDRZpWRdHexoFcrLy8vMYDqnqjU7GL4w5SdHGLjHoAThtRdHGzGI9sUyVLgpOqjEYKbpgFwiY8UULknAuC6mi6l2UuaKaGWAsCOpijUpzYGJoAFYpkrI3ikRV41bJtKgVe7BtLtFnEPEvQeBxkaA8jnj2UuqOpiPEXqJpj(BGGVEpBjgFjsFX(2u50xLkX5Kzx9fVoyCIe75wGaIhZbrSVnvo9f75wGaIhZbr9Quj2Uuq(8NmL6fBxkaX115Y2ubutIxxOj9fVoyCIeVzcAWUtSVnvo9fxeu9IR2rWcyNdas9I3mbny3PEXrgCbu9QuPsC(UeY1oO6fNXxuaOAGcW3pINmzWJXNfI8jqllMe)jqllM2zCeLsTYLdat5o4CaiCYaCNfso5IwkGTqXDhMIXNfI8jqllMe)jqllM2zCeLsTYLdat5o4CaiCYaCNfso5IwkGTqXMC5o4QV4Tm4sFX(0UMysSyKlypler9I9PDnXuqbmIe3wcPHgeJCb(0UMystI3Zcre7bSiCNjtZAHGmhUZ8mzaVLfB2zEIqCMz8zHi7SwoCBFyiG(rVeVNfIeK9AGqkj2tMTiSkvI9Dy8H1Kymf7o4hyej2LpO48LoS(A8wT5DtW4vOc)NWHQX3nFJ6juQl8A(sL4Pebr80HqI7BiKbyj2yRttIZNFeM2vtIDiIdRxSjf51OXJ425qkVA8GcL4UdtX4Zcrc7shwFnE04rJg14rJxA8OXBnEujgA9)yxCmHxnEeNXxuaqnqb47hXh2rWYuUdkgmhciFpcRvdIrCBuYa0J8bf7bSiCNjtZ8iFWDwRjxYvad8SbNUm4bH51CB)LkvA8sFX2LWba1aLy7s4aq1aLyGZ76wQ0OXMOe3DykgFwisyx6W6RXJgpA0OgpA8sJhnERXJkXRXN(eOLftQxSjxUdU6lEldU0xSpTRjMelg5c2Zcr0KyFAxtmfuaJiXTLqAObXixGpTRjM0K49SqeXEalc3zY0SwiiZH7S5(eCM5UyJxaV4yX7zHibzVgiKsI9KzlcRsLyd05Bk3b1xCNd6wV6lUagrIJW0sL4imTujUZGqQujUWU4ycRV49S4mzHUsC7HM1RxX7zXzsmyYaXu51GGoAHmDW0LbNeJyXMYDqXnb8PPyeAY219bgrIB7wG4P2a2ni2UuWEwCMggFstITqcacwIn26eVruknm(KgpVcx4AemetaqWsCRC5oi6Ob2RzkrITlfSru215Yb7zXzYcDL6fBxkyJOuAy8j1lUagrI3Yu2vSDPG9S4mzHUstIHgFA1xJhXH51Cl6O1FPsLy7sb7zXzs9ITlfyHUs9IZ2To)aVoesC58jevIXxzk3b1aL4UdwIBLZoecwMe6O1EmToecMbkEYKbpgFwiY8UULknAuC6mi6l2UuaKaGWAsCOpijUpzYGJoAFYpkrIZjZU6lEDW4ej2ZTabepMdIyFBQC6l2ZTabepMdI6vPsSDPaOXN0Ky8Li9f7BtLtFvQedn(K4Vbc(69SL4nIY6lEDW4ePXlX(2u50xJxQxLkX2Lcc9bj1l2UuaIRRZLTPcOMeBxkiF(tMs9IxxOj9fVoyCIeVzcAWUtSVnvo9fxeu9IR2rWcyNdas9I3mbny3PEXrgCbu9QuPsC(UeY1oO6fNXxuaOAGcW3pI7omfJple5tGwwmj(tGwwmTZ4ikLALlhaMYDW5aq4Kb4olKCYfTuaBHINmzWJXNfIe2LoS(A8ObkaBQrJAGcWMA8sdua2uJ3AGcWMQeNXxuaqnqb47hX(om(WAsmMIDh8dmIe7Yhu8uIGiE6qiX9neYaSed68UULknaduINmzWJXNfI8jqllMe)jqllM2zCeLsTYLdat5o4CaiCYaCNfso5IwkGTqX5Zpct7QjXoeXGfloFPdRVgVvBE3emEfQW)jCOA8DZ3OEcL6cVMVuj2KI8A04rSfwyxCmH1x8grP0W4tA88kCHRrWqLyO1)JDXXeE14r8HDeSmL7GIbZHaY3JWA1Gye3gLma9iFqXEalc3zY0mpYhCN1AYLCfWapBWPldEqyEn32FPsLgV1xSDjCaqnqj2Ueoaunqjg48UULknASjkXDhMIXNfIe2LoS(A8OXJgnQXJgV04rJ3A8Os8A8PpbAzXK6fBYL7GR(I3YGl9f7t7AIjXIrUG9Sqenj2N21etbfWisCBjKgAqmYf4t7AIjnjEplerShWIWDMmnRfcYC4oBUpbNzUl24fWlow8Ewisq2RbcPKypz2IWQuj2aD(MYDq9f35GU1R(IlGrK4imTujoctlvI7miKkvIlSloMW6lEplotwORe3EOz96v8EwCMedMmqmvEniOJwithmDzWjXiwSPChuCtaFAkgHMSDDFGrK42UfiEQnGDdITlfSNfNPHXN0KylKaGGLyJToXBeLsdJpPXZRWf(GrOetaqWsCRC5oi6Ob2RzkrITlfSru215Yb7zXzYcDL6fBxkyJOuAy8j1lUagrI3Yu2vSDPG9S4mzHUstIHgFA1xJhXH51Cl6O1FPsLy7sb7zXzs9ITlfyHUs9IZ2To)aVoesC58jevIXxzk3b1aL4UdwIBLZoecwMe6O1EmToecMbkEYKbpgFwiY8UULknAuC6mi6l2UuaKaGWAsCOpijUpzYGJoAFYpkrIZjZU6lEDW4ej2ZTabepMdIyFBQC6l2ZTabepMdI6vPsSDPaOXN0Ky8Li9f7BtLtFvQedn(K4Vbc(69SL4nIY6lEDW4ePXlX(2u50xJxQxLkX2Lcc9bj1l2UuaIRRZLTPcOMeBxkiF(tMs9IxxOj9fVoyCIeVzcAWUtSVnvo9fxeu9IR2rWcyNdas9I3mbny3PEXrgCbu9QuPsC(UeY1oO6fNXxuaOAGcW3pI7omfJple5tGwwmj(tGwwmTZ4ikLALlhaMYDW5aq4Kb4olKCYfTuaBHINmzWJXNfIe2LoS(A8ObkaBQrJAGcWMA8sdua2uJ3AGcWMQeNXxuaqnqb47hX(om(WAsmMIDh8dmIe7Yhu8uIGiE6qiX9neYaSed68UULkncVNqHs8KjdEm(SqKpbAzXK4pbAzX0oJJOuQvUCayk3bNdaHtgG7SqYjx0sbSfkoF(ryAxnj2HigSi)dIoAH51GJjX5lDy914TAZ7MGXRqf(pHdvJVB(g1tOux418LkXMuKxJgpITWc7IJjS(I3ikLggFsJNxHl8bJqPsm06)XU4ycVA8i(WocwMYDqXG5qa57ryTAqmIBJsgGEKpOypGfH7mzAMh5dUZAn5sUcyGNn40LbpimVMB7VuPsJM6l2UeoaOgOeBxchaQgOedCEx3sLgVAIsSjxUdU6lEldU0xSpTRjMelg5c2Zcr0KyFAxtmfuaJiXTLqAObX7zHiI9aweUZKPzTqqMd3zZ9j4mZDXgVaEXXIrUaFAxtmPjX7zHibzVgiKsI9KzlcRsLyd05Bk3b1xCNd6wV6lUagrIJW0sL4imTujUZGqQujUWU4ycRV49S4mzHUsC7HM1RxX7zXzsmyYaXu51GGoAHmDW0LbNeJyXMYDqXnb8PPyOXNw914rmtec6ODDOJ2NWy3uIqhnWI2cBZL7GQeJqt2UUpWisCB3cep1gWUbXwibablXLZNqeBxkyplotQxSDPG9S4mnm(KMeBxkyJOuAy8j1l2UuWgrzxNlhSNfNjl0vQxmbablXHD(tMcD0A4IfBxkyplotwOR0K4nIsPHXNehMxZTOJw)LkXz7wNFGxhcjUC(eIkX4RmL7GAGsC3blXTYzhcbltcD0ApMwhcbZaf7LCXElncfkXPZGOVy7sbqcacRjXH(GK4(Kjdo6O9j)OejoNm7QV41bJtKyp3ceq8yoiI9TPYPVyp3ceq8yoiQxLkX2LcGgFstIXxI0xSVnvo9vPsm04tI)gi4R3ZwI3ikRV41bJtKgVe7BtLtFnEPEvQeBxkaX115Y2ubutITlfKp)jtPEX2Lcc9bj1lEDHM0x86GXjs8MjOb7oX(2u50xCrq1lUAhblGDoai1lEZe0GDN6fhzWfq1RsLkXiUnkza6r(GI9aweUZKPzEKp4oR1Kl5kGbE2Gtxg8GW8AUT)sL4jtg8y8zHiFc0YIjXFc0YIPDghrPuRC5aWuUdohacNma3zHKtUOLcyluC3HPy8zHiFc0YIjXFc0YIPDghrPuRC5aWuUdohacNma3zHKtUOLcyluCgFrba1afGVFe77W4dRjXqR)h7IJj8QXJymf7o4hyej2LpO414tFc0YIj1lEkrqepDiK4(gczawInPiVgnEeNp)imTRMe7qeZeHGoAxh6O9jm2nLi0rdSOTW2C5oO48LoS(A8wT5DtW4vOc)NWHQX3nFJ6juQl8A(sL425qkVAekuI7omfJplejSlDy914rJhnAuJhnEPXJgV14rL4jtg8y8zHiHDPdRVgpAGcWMA0OgOaSPgV0afGn14TgOaSPkXh2rWYuUdkgmhciFpcRvdIZ4lkaunqb47hX57six7GQx8KjdEm(SqK5DDlvA0OkvIbqJN3OqPsc

Edited by Pnash
  • Like 2

Aparently im the only one who didnt use any portals or pilars to beat Kanrethad... lol

I tried, but i either failed too much trying positioning the Pit Lord right but having Enslave Demon dispeled no mather what, or losing DPS for being constantly LoS of Kahnrethad, and since my ilvl were low when i killed him (490) i couldnt spare the DPS loss (what is very true, since i beated Kan on the last second).

I did use a different strat to handle the Felhounds that worked better to me. Instead putting Pit Lord behind pillars when Kan started summoning the puppies, i kept the Pit Lord there on Boss, and when the first Felhound enters i send Pit Lord to charge it, then Dark Soul + CB + Conflag = first Felhound dead. The second enters, Havoc on it, the third enters, Shadowfury on both (to avoid dispel on Pit Lord, sometimes works, but sometimes it doesnt, so i just pop Unending Resolve + Healthstone to tank while i kill the puppies and re-enslave Pit Lord), then CB on the third puppie + what else is needed to finish them.

Also, the key to me get the DPS to beat Kan with a 490 ilvl was to get the most use of Charge as possible, so i did use it on CD before the first wave of Fel Imps (3 uses of Charge, i guess), and to get the most of every single Charge, i always pre-casted a CB, then sent Pit Lord to charge (+ Fel Fire Breath just after) when CB's cast was almost ending, so this way i could weave 2 CB + Conflag + Immolate or Incinerate on that 6 seconds window.

I lost many hours mastering the fight to finally beat Kan, but it definitely worthed the time spent cause its very rewarding once u done.

Blizz made a really god job making this encounter challenging and fun.

=)

Edited by Entropius

My .2 cents to contribute. It took me quite a few wipes (probably 40) before I finally got it. Three things were wiping me at various times,

1) lost control of the imps, couldn't keep them grouped together to get them AoE'd down quickly

2) Couldn't get Pitlord out of LoS

3) Lose track of the Chaos Bolt being cast while I dealt with adds.

- For the Imps I ended up standing on top of the boss so I could spam the Fel Flame on the imps, remove my debuffs and still DPS boss. I would drop rain of fire, shadow fury, use my demonic gate to drop aggro etc, and top of my health with the health funnel if need be. Just watch that you don't stand too long in the rain of fire. I sometimes had a couple imps left when he went to do cataclysm, but easily taken care of.

- I started using "TellmeWhen" addon to do a raid style announce and yell when he started casting Chaos Bolt as I was sometimes missing it with everything that was going on. I'd be cruising a long with various adds and then this big fucking green dragon head comes out of nowhere and one shots me. This addon fixed that.

I used the right side cubby (right of the bosses portal) to bury my Pitlord when the Fel Hunters were summoning. I would tend to hang out on that side after the Imps were dead in anticipation of the Felhunters, otherwise its too far to run and they will dispel the enslave. Make sure you remove the debuffs before you park him. Then ran in front of the portal, dropped RoF to make sure the adds came on me. Then pretty much nuked the first 2 and dragged the second one over to the left side cubby. Reason for this was to LoS the Chaos Bolt. Don't forget to use warlock_spelldrain.jpgUnbound Will. As soon as the add was dead I would run back to middle and have lots of time to get the Pitlord back on the boss.

- Also what helped me is I started standing very close to the boss most of the time and using the Fel Flame every chance I could get for removing debuffs and extra DPS.

Other general tips:

- As soon as the Pitlord is enslaved, use the charge for some DPS, plus I interrupted the 1st Chaos Bolt with charge since he doesn't do Cataclysm until after the first set of adds. From there I tried to use Charge a couple times prior to the next round of adds spawning for a DPS boost.

- Probably the most important one for me was I found a bit of a lul in the fight after I killed the first round of Fel Hunters. While he started to channel the Doom Lord I dismissed and re-enslaved my Pit Lord. This was the best time for me as there were no adds to worry about.

I think on my kill I did 84K DPS in ilvl 502 with destruction. Boss died just after the 2nd Doom Lord spawned (which I banished).

It was a great fight, really challenging, glad they put it in there for us Warlocks!

Edited by Mit