FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Green Fire: Quest Line + Kanrethad strategy

Posted Image I've now killed over 300 rares...haven't even SEEN the Tome.

That's UNREAL. I feel like every lock I know is getting the tome. :(

I JUST GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 350thish rare kill....HOLY WOOOT

YAYYYYYY GRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, the guides on here have all the tips you need. I didn't really look at any of the guides except when they were first posted. I then went back after downing it to see what was closer for me and I did things almost IDENTICAL to this guy's recommendations: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1710-kanrethad-guide-warlock-green-fire-video-and-guide-by-ackthal/

All in all, I had 7 attempts and spent 90 minutes on it. Between each attempt was me making small adjustments, timing adjustments, changing talents, and strategy adjustments.

Pull #1: ALRIGHT LETS DO THIS....ZAGAMMMMMMMMMM JENNKKINNNNNNNNSSSSSS!! I got him to 18%. 2nd set of Felhunters dispelled my Enslave on the Pit Lord and things got hairy really fast.

Pull #2: Thought about the Gateway to drop threat from Chaos Bolt as eating them was doable but really annoying. Funny that we don't really use this thing to travel but more as a threat drop. Realized I got lucky the first set of Felhunters when they missed the dispel on Enslave, so this time I move the Pit Lord off to the side. I also realized that Kan still put a Chaos Bolt on me, so when he was summoning them, I just used Soulshatter. Pull #2 comes and I'm rocking and rolling...I'm like YEAH 2 SHOT INCOMING. I'm in the middle of the first Felhunter phase and a Chaos Bolt hits me for 650k. "WHAT THE $&^#" I yelled...realized I forgot Soulshatter.

Pull #3: Nothing changed, just remember to do things properly. I get to the Doomguard phase and I tried to do something real fancy. I release and re-enslave my Pit Lord, just in case because I noticed the timer dwindling. Kan, being the fancy Warlock he is, knows this and I fail to re-drop my threat. Chaos Bolt comes, I mitigate it, but I panic because things are outside of the plan. I try to do something stupid and I miss setting up for the Imps. Imps are scattered, Chaos Bolts coming in, Pit Lord out of position...death.

Pull #4: ALRIGHT, focus. I get through the Imps, Felhunters, and successfully get the Doomguard to attack my Pit Lord...Kan is at 45%. WOW I'm doing 125k DPS...this is going down FAST. Here's where my scumbag brain interveined...I moved the Pit Lord in preparation of the Felhunters. GUESS WHAT COMES OUT? IMPS. As I'm dying, I noticed the Imps are called Annoying Imps and the last line I read before dying was "I want BLUE fire!" GG Blizz.

Pull #5: Ok, no screw ups. Do it right. I get Kan to 4%. I'm two Shadowburns away! MY PIT LORD DESPAWNED! He just vanished. Kan is casting Soulfire, I have no more Fel Breath to dispel, I don't have my mega heal...Kan just slowly eats away at me. I use my mitigation CDs to survive the DoTs...then I see it coming. CATACLYSM...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 1.3% wipe. I walked away from my computer for just a bit...

Pull #6: Alright, now that Blizzard is done trolling me, I can get this. I can get my green fire before arenas here in 30 mins, I got this. First wave of Felhunters...I use Soulshatter after first dog comes out. He walks over and dispels my Enslave Demon. I got 3 dogs, a Pit Lord, and a Chaos Bolt coming simultaneously. I just let it all hit me for the fun of seeing it.

Pull #7: I relax, calm down, and just remember the fights in chunks. Imp Phase 1: I make those imps melt. Puppy Phase 2: boom, roasted. Doomguard Phase 3: not on me, I don't care. Imp Phase 4: boss is at 25%, starting to get excited again, I tell myself I'm bad and I should focus. Imps melt, boss is in execute range. I hold composure and move the Pit Lord out of range. I pop CDs and my second potion knowing if I pull this off, I win. I Havoc the first dog, CB the 2nd, finish off all the dogs, pull the Pit Lord back in range, and I realize Dark Soul is off CD and I have 4 Embers...as soon as he casts Cataclysm, I Charge him and drop 4 Dark Soul Shadowburns on him. He's at 1HP...he starts rabble rabble rabble. I'm sitting there going...please don't let this be bugged. I notice my Doom timer has 7 seconds....I get the quest completed, but he's still rabbling! Doom hits me for 539,255,353 (I have screenshot) and I'm like...ok? Go to turn in quest, pull the fel energy from his dead body, and brag in Real ID for a bit before making it rain all over Orgrimmar.

Major things you HAVE to do...

1) Use Gateway on CD. Permament Fade removes all Chaos Bolts

2) Fire and Brimstone:Immolate + Siphon Life = mega life Regen on Imps.

3) Move Pit Lord from portal and Soulshatter as he summons dogs, not after.

4) Get Doomguard to attack your Pit Lord. Mitigated by using Gateway on CD.

5) Land your Chaos Bolts during the Charge stun after Cataclysm...I hit him with a couple of 700k+ CBs which really sped things up.

6) Never forget to use Fel Breath. With all the excitement going on, it's easy to forget all the debuffs he puts on you. Fel Breath all the time.

It's really a rinse and repeat at that point.

(<- longtime lurker)

Congrats! I happened to eyeball your character sheet last night, as I'm completely new to destruction.... Saw your glyphs... At first thought HUH? Then OHHHH. He has the quest. Yay!

I got the book the second day (/avoids rocks) but have been somewhat time crunched to really spend the time on it. But I agree, when I read that second start thread, it made it seem very doable even at my item level.

Anyway, congrats again!

Thank you. Yeah, I've already received some inbox mail this morning going "why are you using such and such glyphs and talents?" It's like I have to carefully monitor how I log out now so people don't ask questions. In fact, I think I'm using PvP talents, Green Fire quest glyphs, and in PvE gear...hahahaha

Thank you. Yeah, I've already received some inbox mail this morning going "why are you using such and such glyphs and talents?" It's like I have to carefully monitor how I log out now so people don't ask questions. In fact, I think I'm using PvP talents, Green Fire quest glyphs, and in PvE gear...hahahaha

i was taking so long between the fire quest and raiding, i was about ready to make my second spec the fire quest spec.

Thankfully, that's all behind me now.

I do kinda wish we could re-do it...see i can't get cleaner, faster kill times.

I wanted to say thanks for all the helpful tips. I would not have got as far as I did without all the tips in this thread.

I'm only ilvl 482 and found out that this is not doable for "me" at this item level. My Warlock is my alt.

I can get to the phase where there are two Doom Lords up but by this time the boss is only at 40-50% and even using the Purification Potion I can't keep up with the imps spawns and dps the boss while trying to keep both doom lords cc. I have to keep both of them cc or they kill the pit lord.

I think I might try again once I have better gear.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the tips.

I've already spent too many hours and 1000's of gold in repairs.

Edited by Shadowone

The price fpr the item finaly dropped to an "accepteable" price, 50k is okay i think and so i got my fire today.

Big thanks for the guide. without it it would have taken much longer i think and im sure i spend 50 hrs of mob farming before i bought the item.. but in the end.. better buying it from someone that had more luck than me.

btw diddnt someone say you gain a new spell where you spinn in the air for some seconds? or was that removed? i can`t find it.

Grats Zagam! It's a great feeling to have green FIYAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Also, I never messed around with aggro drops, it really wasn't necessary. Then again, you did it in 7 attempts compared to my.... I don't know, 20-30?

I just used teleport to LoS chaos bolts and everything was dandy.

I have been following Icy Veins since coming back to WoW during MoP and I just wanted to thank everyone for their help with this fight. I just finished about an hour ago and what a good feeling.

Thank you for all the hard work you do keeping up with this site, it a great asset for all locks playing today.

Hey! First of all, thanks for the massive amount of information and guides on this page. This fight is rooooough.

I went into this with the attitude of "Oh, yeah I heard it's hard... for a bunch of PVEers lawlawlawl. All I do is PVP which is waaay harder, this will be super easy."

Wellp. I think I've wiped close to 40 times, my guild repairs hate me, and I want to hurt someone.

I'm attempting to do this in almost full PVP gear, with the 3 PVE pieces I could find. (ilvl 489)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Antwerpen/simple

I've gotten him to 21% with probably a little over a minute on Enrage and imps up. Got excited knowing I'd have infinite embers to Shadowburn with, that excitement quickly faded as I watched a Chaos Bolt slap me in the face.

Anywhooo, thanks again for all the info =]

Got excited knowing I'd have infinite embers to Shadowburn with, that excitement quickly faded as I watched a Chaos Bolt slap me in the face.

Classic! Posted Image

Its cool to be doing these fights where making a mistake like that is your own fault, but I feel like in a raiding scenario you'd be hearing groans over vent, "Duuude....how can you get hit by chaos bolt 40 times in a row and not remember to watch for it..."

Edit: Oh you PvP...hmmm maybe that statement doesn't apply to you haha.

Edited by Cruzan

Has anyone completed this as Affliction? I keep try as Destruction but I just feel I suck! I seem to get destroyed by the imps despite trying to do exactly what the video suggested, when I do rarely pass that I get fel huntered to the face! I was just thinking if I can play a spec I am more comfortable with I may do better but don't want to waste time if it's not viable!

Well I have the Pit Lord breathe over them and then use my portals to dump aggro but they still seem to shoot me to death! I know it's me doing something wrong which is even more annoying.

I havent watched any of the newer kill vids, but the way i wiped up the imps was to stand close to Kanrethad while they came out, shadowfury the first wave of them to keep em in place then once they were all out I would SB:SoC Kan and make sure it pops to apply corruption to all of em, then have the pitlord fel flame breath on to me as I stood in the group of imps. Dump aggro with gates or shatter and usually things worked out. I remember having a few stragglers which actually worked out nicely as shard banks lol. They could be cleaned up quickly though if you don't want to keep em alive either with the pitlords breath or with your spells.

It takes a little experimentation. I know sometimes the imps wouldnt come out of the gate, but from random places which would cause problems. You just have to adapt if thats the case.

For the felhunters I would Shadowfury the first one and stand close to it. Pop Trinkets, Dark Soul and a potion and SB:SS dots onto him. When the 2nd one came out I would have the pitlord charge him. This would catch both hunters in the stun and apply the 100% damage debuff. Dot the 2nd one up and Dot the third one. At this point its personal preference what you do with the pitlord. Personally I wanted one less thing to worry about and just let them dispel my enslave while I burned them down. The first two will drop crazy fast and the third can be mopped up easy. Sometimes they wouldn't even have time to dispel my enslave because they died too fast. Other strategies could be used to take care of your pitlord though (Move him behind a pillar on the opposite side of the portal to LoS the hunters works i believe)

Make sure to be ready for that chaos bolt that Kan will be throwing at you about 10 seconds after the 3rd hunter comes out as well Posted Image .

I did it! Finally! In ilvl 489 PVP gear.

I followed all the basics of all the strategies, however I did use a Purification potion to get rid of the enrage timer (No way I was going to down him that quick with the gear I have) 2 Imp stages, 2 Felhunter Stages, 2 Doom Lord Stages, after that it doesn't repeat, took 3 more imp stages straight, free Embers, spam shadowburned to death.

Created an account just to say I completed it and just wanted to say tips in this post were a great help.

I was able to "skip" the first imp phase entirely somehow and burned him to sub 50% before he ever summoned anything by just chaining the stun as often as I could before he could move into positions. The first actual summon he cast was fulhunters, and I was able to finish him off just as the second wave of hunters was coming out.

Edited by Demonic

Well I have the Pit Lord breathe over them and then use my portals to dump aggro but they still seem to shoot me to death! I know it's me doing something wrong which is even more annoying.

If you're Destruction, make sure you use Fire and Brimstone:Immolate on the Imps. The Immolate will be healing you for quite a bit as long as you glyph Siphon Life. Also, put a Rain of Fire down on them to generate Embers at a stupidly high rate. Burn these as Ember Taps if needed to survive. Don't forget your Pit Lord heal...it's quite substantial.

Created an account just to say I completed it and just wanted to say tips in this post were a great help.

I was able to "skip" the first imp phase entirely somehow and burned him to sub 50% before he ever summoned anything by just chaining the stun as often as I could before he could move into positions. The first actual summon he cast was fulhunters, and I was able to finish him off just as the second wave of hunters was coming out.

Grats! Skipping any phase seems like it would be helpful. I know I somehow delayed him applying that Doom spell until just before the 1st puppy phase.

How did you skip the imps? Glitch? Dumb luck? Something you did?

I am still stuck on this fight. I have tried the macros from both walkthroughs of this fight, however none of the macros for the demon work. Therefore I can not get the the demon to target the imps before i am killed by them. I have copy and pasted these macros and triple checked that they are exact copies from the page. What could i be doing wrong?

I am still stuck on this fight. I have tried the macros from both walkthroughs of this fight, however none of the macros for the demon work. Therefore I can not get the the demon to target the imps before i am killed by them. I have copy and pasted these macros and triple checked that they are exact copies from the page. What could i be doing wrong?

I dunno. I had no issues with it today, c/p'd them all and after something like 2 hrs of "wow, I'm dumb" moments, I got green fire done.

I'll c/p the ones I used.

Charge Macro:

/target Kanrethad

/cast Charge

Dispel:

/cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath

Dealing with Imps:

/target Wild Imp

/petattack

/cast Fel Flame Breath

/targetlasttarget

/petattack

Dealing with the Doom Lord:

/tar Doom Lord

/focus

/cast [@focus] Banish

Healing myself and the Pit Lord (requires Glyph of Health Funnel to be well, worth making):

#showtooltip

/cast Demonic Siphon

/cast Health Funnel

And obv the "Enslave your win condition" macro:

#showtooltip

/target Pit Lord

/cast Enslave Demon

I think the part of the fight that tripped me up the most was Imp wave #2. Died there a solid like 4-5 times (I lost count, to be honest). Got to the 2nd felhound phase twice. Wiped the first time to Chaos Bolt and then the 2nd time was the kill.

How did you skip the imps? Glitch? Dumb luck? Something you did?

Truthfully I'm not 100% sure. From the time I controlled the Pit Lord I used the charge stun on CD and tried to squeeze in as many chaos bolts by precasting them before hand. So I don't know if I pushed him DPS threshholds or had him stunned at the right moments to cause it to skip. I was able to replicate it a couple times before I finally got the kill. But I don't know exactly how.