FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Green Fire: Quest Line + Kanrethad strategy

I am using fell breath and for some reason it does next to no damage to the imps. when i use the gate to give aggro to the pitlord half the imps follow me and they end up spread all across the area. as far as my dps i used dr robot from this site. it says i am optimized, my rotation is macro so that immolate is always on the target with incinerate filling the space. I am still struggling to get the the imps down as quick as the videos and it just makes no sense.......(banging head against the wall)

What did it for me with getting the imps down was using Fire and Brimstone + Immolate on the imps... then with RoF I had so many cinders I was spamming F and B with incenerate on the boss/imps and they died quickly. Also with immo up on all the imps your health regen is pretty ridiculous. But I have to give credit to Zagam for this tip.. I read it here in an earlier post

I am using fell breath and for some reason it does next to no damage to the imps. when i use the gate to give aggro to the pitlord half the imps follow me and they end up spread all across the area. as far as my dps i used dr robot from this site. it says i am optimized, my rotation is macro so that immolate is always on the target with incinerate filling the space. I am still struggling to get the the imps down as quick as the videos and it just makes no sense.......(banging head against the wall)

What worked for me was to stand at the tip of your Pit Lord's tail when Karethad summons his imps, and place a Rain of Fire over the portal. When the first few imps come running at you use your Pit Lord's Fel Flame Breath (just at the boss) which should lower at least a few. But most likely it will kill some. By the time Fel Flame Breath comes of cooldown Kanrethad is done channeling and should be looking at you again, which makes your Pit Lord to stand behind him (facing you as well) and towards the huge stack of Imps. Now you should be able to kill them all relatively easy using Shadowfury, Fel Flame Breath, Rain of Fire and any FaB Incinerate you need.

I could try to make a video on how I did it, it seemed you can redo the fight if you want. But I cannot guarantee it's quality if I'm actually able to make one in the first place.

Hope this helps in any way.

a macro for the pit lords healing spell would be nice Posted Image

A simple one can be:

/use Demonic Siphon

I will need to test wether it works, but it won't be until later tonight.

Edited by Naihmar

Nice guide.

Atm i got some problems as pvp player, which means:

-No pve gear

-Low dps

-Low burst

-Low hit ( had to use melee trinket for 1500 hit and reforge all my pvp equip into hit. but atm got 15% hit )

The encounter is kinda easy, but there's a problem... felhunter phase ._.

So, any tips to survive phase 2? usually i charge one of em + chaosbolt + shadowburn. One done but what after?

Also another question: why pitlord get dispelled while 100% not in los?

Thanks everybody Posted Image

edit: atm triyng with Shadowfury + Fear / 2x chaosbolt on last target, then kill the one in fear.

Edited by Shirlias

Nice guide.

Atm i got some problems as pvp player, which means:

-No pve gear

-Low dps

-Low burst

-Low hit ( had to use melee trinket for 1500 hit and reforge all my pvp equip into hit. but atm got 15% hit )

The encounter is kinda easy, but there's a problem... felhunter phase ._.

So, any tips to survive phase 2? usually i charge one of em + chaosbolt + shadowburn. One done but what after?

Also another question: why pitlord get dispelled while 100% not in los?

Thanks everybody Posted Image

edit: atm triyng with Shadowfury + Fear / 2x chaosbolt on last target, then kill the one in fear.

This was tough for me since I am a PvP player mainly. I had to relearn destro since I've always been a demo player too, but I have picked up a few tips on mastering the felhunter phase. What I did was of course save up 4 embers when he is about to summon them. As I pick up their aggro away from my pitlord, I slowly kite them towards the right pillar to LoS Kanrethad. I applied Immolate to each as they were summoned, Chaos bolt the first, then Havoc the second, place RoF over them all, and Shadow fury them in place, Chaos bolt the third so it hits the second one with Havoc. You should have more embers built up, recast RoF, Conflag which ever is closest to shadowburn range, you can also use fear on one, but it helps to have fear glyphed so you can keep them together under your RoF. Being hit in melee should proc a backlash for your instant incinerate once or twice. Also use your defensives like SacPact, and Unending Resolve, and singe magic from your Sac'd Imp. If you have to, use your demon soul to get more burst on them. Good Luck!

I just wanted to thank you all for the tips and tricks you posted on this topic.

It helped me a LOT for the boss. I began trying it with 467 ilvl and just downed it today with 479. I made some mistakes (miss target the boss instead of the puppies in the 2nd hound phase, CB instead of Shadow burn during stun at the end) but i managed to take him down anyway.

So it is definitely doable with low level os stuff. Posted Image

Here is the video of the down if some of you are interested.

http-~~-//youtu.be/WeavRP19OGw

Thanks again and good luck to all of you who are still trying!

Hi folks, I'd like to add one little thing, as for the part where you have to cross the Shrine of Lost Souls, I found it very useful to travel ahead using the Eye of Kilrogg and set up world markers at some points. They do remain in place when you return to "normal" sight, and you can follow your markers, switch back to Eye, set the next markers and so on. This made it a lot easier. Good luck :)

Hi folks, I'd like to add one little thing, as for the part where you have to cross the Shrine of Lost Souls, I found it very useful to travel ahead using the Eye of Kilrogg and set up world markers at some points. They do remain in place when you return to "normal" sight, and you can follow your markers, switch back to Eye, set the next markers and so on. This made it a lot easier. Good luck :)

Or just use the eye to put down a portal/teleport on the other side :)

• Like 1

Word to the wise.. killing the imps in a few seconds is a dps loss

FnB: immolate and then Keep rain of fire on them (using fel breath if close to next phase) otherwise just keep rain of fire.. with this as it is you'll accumulate an insane amount of ember bits.. use these to do our ever mighty choas bolt.. if you're in burn phase don't even both fel breathing just immolate them all with fnB and rain of fire and SHADOWBURRRRNNNNNNNNN

This will increase your dps a lot.. Posted Image

If you're like me and you like to go back and kill him just because it's now easier... with 524 ilevel lol and you have your 4 piece go back and watch how many ember bits you get with immolate up on all.. you can't spend it fast enough! :D

Edited by obleak

I'm 499 and this is easily the most difficult thing I've ever encountered in the game. I heard it was hard and didn't really believe it. I'm wondering if anyone under 500 has been able to do it because I'm losing hope. I'm on hour six. It still seems doable, hardest part is burning the felhunters down faster enough. If you put the Pit Lord too far out, he won't be able to get back in time to interrupt Cataclysm.

I think this is FUCKING awesome though. Like.. WAY awesome. First off, the lore is incredible. Really makes you feel something to play a lock. Secondly, you have to know this class in and out. Truly feels like something that's earned. *Still have yet to kill him. Some tips:

-macro for Doom Lord

/tar Doom Lord

/focus

/cast Banish

- helps me manage banishing

hotkey the pet's Move To in order to place the Pit Lord faster. hotkey everything.

I had a derp moment of noticing that once enslaved, the pit lord doesnt default attack. I had to change that and I also throw out a fel flame breath too at first because I can dispell the first dot with imp sac.

One the first set of felhunters, use a intellect potion. That should help immensely with getting them down quick enough. Can save Infernal for second set of felhunters.

im 491 and i can last the full 7 mins with getting the boss to around 15-18% i think i just need to use the flame breath a bit more and i will have it, tho im using charge not only for the cataclysm also mid fight to get that extra dps off on him.... i used my doomguard around the 2 min marker for when my own curse of doom runs off and im still stuggling with getting that extra dps off on the boss..... tho its the weekend, so hammer it untill i kill it..... tho i do find i have a fair bit of damage down time when i move my fel guard to behind the wall for the fel hunters........ so i think i will just have to get more on it and focus a bit more.....

this is my lock as of today (10/may/2012)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Handsomeant/simple

Do you not have enough valor yet for the Shado-Pan trinket?

nah mate, i stopped playing for about a year only just getting back into it..... so VP is hard to come by lol

i think the breath might be out of range of the imps at the back, what i do is stand inside the portal and get him to use the breath on me....

my best attempt so far everything was timed perfectly and got him to 1.5 million when the curse of doom killed me.......... i think i few better items and i should have him... i dont have no problems other than the enrage timer..........

Fair enough. That will definitely boost your numbers over that box. Thankfully the trinkets are cheap.

I did it! :-) Finally...with 487 Destro. Thank you sooo much for this guide...without it I´d probably be lost.

I have to say it was the most epic fight I´ve ever done in WoW. Also the most frustrating one...I had about 40-50 wipes.:-)

I always forgot to re-enslave the demon, or to drop aggro, or even drink my purification potion...but now I finally have the epic green fire....thanks.

And good luck to everyone who´s still trying...the feeling when you finally kill him is definetely worth it!

Pnash your weak auras import scared the everloving crap out of me.

I was not expecting a freaking air horn to go off randomly.

It does work wonders though... just recently got him to 18%. Just need a few more goes and I should be golden. Thanks for all of yall's hard work on this.

Finally got it today on my second attempt of the day!

(first attempt I forgot to re-enslave my pit lord)

Ilvl 485... thank you guys so much. Your guides and input helped immensely.

I think the most important part is to just remain calm and don't get work up once he gets beneath 20%

Seriously though you guys rock.

i think the breath might be out of range of the imps at the back, what i do is stand inside the portal and get him to use the breath on me....

my best attempt so far everything was timed perfectly and got him to 1.5 million when the curse of doom killed me.......... i think i few better items and i should have him... i dont have no problems other than the enrage timer..........

I am recently back into this game too (started again after they introduced this quest) and ended up getting a book drop around gs 490, so did it at that iLvl. I used the notes here and Ackthals guide (thanks Ackthal and friends!) as my base, but ended up modifying a thing or 2 to make it easier for me. A couple of those things might help push you over the edge here.

Namely, the imp phase. Those little buggers do not need to die, you can use them to fuel your ember battery. In the last attempts I would run up to the gate and RoF like the guides suggested (please only 1 in any given spot, if you have nothing to do while waiting for more imps, stagger another one behind you or hit the boss one, or immolate the imps that are out or something). Once all (or even most) of them are out make sure they are all immolated, maybe put down another rof, and use your portal to get to the middle of the room. Do not breathe on them yet, your not trying to kill them, just attempting to get tons of embers from them.

To keep my life total high I used a combination of immo heals, ember tap, bubbles, and pit heals. I would also actively stagger backwards to mess with the imps bolt casts and take far less damage. This whole time I was generally able to keep chaos bolt spam on the boss. (This was so effective I do my dailies now by pulling every single mob I can find always and do essentially the same thing). If their were any straggler imps when Kar transitioned again, I would use the pit flame to finish them off.

This strategy gave me plenty of extra dps, and a lot more time to baby sit the pit lord during fel puppies, and less doom lord up time. I would highly recommend anyone struggling with the dps requirements as I was to consider treating the imps this way.

Also, are you bringing Purification Potions? As mentioned around these forums it resets the enrage timer.

Edited by rhino

I haven't tried this in a while, but I put some time in last night and today, and I need advice because I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My iLvl is 508, so I have pretty good dps for downing him and (particularly) the fel hunters, but every time they come out, I lose my pit lord. I park him in that right-side cubby with the move-to command, but once I start working on the puppies, he comes out to play and generally when I'm in the middle of downing a second one, he's free and attacking me.

Should he be on passive when I park him? Am I just not moving the puppies far enough away, or him far enough into the hiding space? Is it timing with Soul Shatter? I am not quite sure what's going on. I generally hit the move-to button right after pit lord charges for the Cataclysm.

I can sometimes heal through having him and the puppies attacking me and get on to the next bit, but I can't seem to do it twice in a fight! Posted Image Clues would be helpful.

Edited: Learn from me! Five minutes after posting this, I took a walk and figured it out. Long long long ago I had macro-ed /petattack [@target] to my Immolate. Which I was using on the Fel Hunters. D'oh.

Edited by Errinkel

Errinkel, try moving it to passive , I did that cause I wasn't sure why he was running out either. For alll I know i could have been fat fingering pet attack of a breathe macro, but I took these steps anyways.

-Have to re-passive him when you re-enslave

-I ran over to his cubby with him right after you stun the boss when he goes to the middle before fh, you can have some more time to make sure everything is positioned nicely.

- if you have a rof over the fh, they seemed to be less likely to go after a pit lord just getting around the corner. I think its something to give you snap agro when they summon.

Edited by rhino
  • Like 1

Just completed this today with ilvl 387, half pvp and some pve. Last week i attempted him a bunch with 373 ilvl (i know i had no LFR left and all my honor gear so had no way to upgrade items and wanted to give him some trys). I was getting very frusterated, despite everyone telling me it couldnt be done. However, this made me understand the fight soooo well. So once the patch came i grinded out some PvP gear and some more LFR and destroyed him. It was sooo much easier and i downed him in no more of an hour of attempts.

I must say that this video, and Kravens macros/tips were the key to my success. It is a hard fight that you must master the mechanics of. I didnt even worry about the 7min Timer til i got hit by it. Than i started adjusting and learing to use the charge alot more.

CHARGE STRAT I FOUND VERY USEFUL: Pretty much use ur charge on CD until the choas bolt, because he will Cata soon after and it should be back up.

Other than that everyone has there own perfect strat. I took bits and pieaces from tons but mainly the two i said above. Thanks a ton to everyone here. I wouldn't have gotten him down so easily with out these tips/macros. Why i made the account here to thank you all!!

Good luck to everyone attempting this.