Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone: Whispers of the Old Gods Officially Announced: Six Cards Revealed

6 posts in this topic

16435-hearthstone-whispers-of-the-old-go

Blizzard have officially announced the Whispers of the Old Gods set. Ben Brode and Yong Woo introduced a cinematic of the new set and showed us six new cards live on Twitch.

There will be 134 cards in the set, which will be released either late April or early May 2016. The set has a dark theme, which revolves around four Old Gods who are chained beneath the surface of Azeroth. The Gods are able to influence mortals with their whispers. This means that some old favourite cards have been revisited, but with different stats and abilities to show the effect that the Gods' whispers have had on them.

LrdWnFW.jpg

The main mechanic revealed so far revolves around the God C'Thun.

L9W95Ww.jpg

There are sixteen cards in the set that buff C'Thun, no matter whether he is: in your deck, in your hand, or on the board. These cards represent cultists who are hoping to empower him before he returns to wreak havoc on the world. To avoid the issue where players won't be able to use those cards well without owning C'Thun, everyone who opens a Whispers of the Old Gods pack will get C'Thun for free.

xovfJjO.jpg

Players will be getting a preview of the new interface on Monday, 14th March. The interface will include an extra nine deck slots. Pre-purchase will be available for $49.99 for fifty packs, and all people who take advantage of that offer will get the card back pictured below. All players who log in during the promotional period will get 3 card packs, as well as C'Thun.

zs4Uj4v.png

There is also an event on www.oldgods.com (unavailable at time of writing) on March 21st.

It's great to finally get spoiler season truly underway. We will of course be posting all of the cards as they get revealed.
2 people like this

i believe this is quit generous from blizzard and hearthstone dev team so thanks and much obliged ^^)  .. and btw great job on the trailer as well !!!

Trying to imagine what an all-out C'thun deck will look like. Could be awesome or awful, not quite sure which it'll be. Partially depends on those other 14 unrevealed buff cards.

Trying to imagine what an all-out C'thun deck will look like. Could be awesome or awful, not quite sure which it'll be. Partially depends on those other 14 unrevealed buff cards.

From my card game experience, they tend to bother to actually balance and test the weird looking stuff. (Exception: Jace the Mind Sculptor in MTG) It's usually something that doesn't look completely crazy that turns out to be.

From my card game experience, they tend to bother to actually balance and test the weird looking stuff. (Exception: Jace the Mind Sculptor in MTG) It's usually something that doesn't look completely crazy that turns out to be.

Either way I am stoked for an old god themed deck, even if its terrible XD. When most expansions were released there were a few fun looking cards for me however, I was never tempted to do the pre order 50 packs deal. With whisper of the old gods my mentality has changed to

7776-Shut-up-and-take-my-money-ly3O.jpeg

Either way I am stoked for an old god themed deck, even if its terrible XD. When most expansions were released there were a few fun looking cards for me however, I was never tempted to do the pre order 50 packs deal. With whisper of the old gods my mentality has changed to

7776-Shut-up-and-take-my-money-ly3O.jpeg

I regretted not prepurchasing when TGT preorders were released, so I didn't make that same mistake with Old Golds and prepurchased the second it went live.