Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone Tavern Brawl Top 2: A Recap, and Awards

7 posts in this topic

20780-hearthstone-tavern-brawl-top-2-a-r

The most recent Hearthstone Tavern Brawl, Top 2, has been one of the most successful Brawls yet. Now that it has closed, I thought I would include some pieces from around the net, as well as a small list of awards from your comments on the article here at Icy Veins.

To remind everyone how this felt at times, here's how YouTuber, Disguised Toast, dealt with the Mechwarper and Metaltooth Leaper combo.

For me, this was the whole essence of what made the Brawl so successful. You could find ways to beat the things you didn't like. It also meant you could be creative, without having to put the work into building a refined 30-card deck. Often constructed Brawls mean either the time spent on creating a deck would be too long, or you might not own the cards to build the deck you want to.

Here at Icy Veins, the readers were also very creative. I thought I'd give some awards to sum up the best, and silliest, creations.

Most Versatile Combo: Allegro had fun with Innervate and Raven Idol. This combo allows you to play more than two different cards, and try to resemble a game of Hearthstone, while reacting to your opponent's plays. Notable mention was JohnnyZ's contribution of Webspinner and Scavenging Hyena.

Most Innovative Creation: There were lots of innovative (and Innervative) suggestions, but I thought the combination of silliest and best was Brando's Deathlord and Divine Spirit. His post showing a 2/38782 Deathlord, is one of my favourites out of a whole series of amusing images to come out of this Brawl.

SBo0kRt.png

Most Fun: I hate fun, so I'm going to take Hamuradama's word for it that Yogg-Saron, Hope's End and Innervate was the most fun. Not only that, but he gave Yogg's full name, which is worth extra points in this important contest.

Most Tedious Combo: DeusRegnat's suggestion of Ice Block and Fireball was incredibly frustrating to play against.

Best Post: In keeping with the Brawl theme, I've picked a top 2 for this one. Soultwist's post, and Allegro's post, both listed a handful of unusual ideas. These guys win the award of "Guys who didn't win anything for winning". Congratulations to them both!

Meanwhile, I thought I'd remind you all that different people have fun in different ways. Redditor /u/vorrtex posted the maths to show that Ice Block Mage beats Mechwarper Hunter 50.64% of the time going first and 82.70% of the time going second.

I'm glad people enjoyed the Brawl. It was great to see everyone getting involved with the community and sharing their ideas.
4 people like this

oh lol... my Deathlord made here biggrin.png

1 person likes this

It was such a fun deck, so I'm not surprised :p

1 person likes this

It was such a fun deck, so I'm not surprised tongue.png

True. The amount of laughter it caused each time Deathlord's HP doubled and the opponent's powerful minions were unable to do anything. Evil deck ph34r.png

Senpai has noticed me! Lol. I will hang my "Guys who didn't win anything for winning" award above my "Fireplace that doesn't exist." Thanks for the shout out. Hope you had fun playing some of my dorky combos. While they aren't completely effective, they were fun against not mechwarper or ice block. I will admit I gave mechwarper a try but I used gorilla bot. Discovering a clockwork gnome that generated a reversing switch for my voltron was funny. I was on the receiving end of that one too! Anyways, I got work to go do but have a good one guys. Soultwist out!

Senpai has noticed me! Lol. I will hang my "Guys who didn't win anything for winning" award above my "Fireplace that doesn't exist." Thanks for the shout out. Hope you had fun playing some of my dorky combos. While they aren't completely effective, they were fun against not mechwarper or ice block. I will admit I gave mechwarper a try but I used gorilla bot. Discovering a clockwork gnome that generated a reversing switch for my voltron was funny. I was on the receiving end of that one too! Anyways, I got work to go do but have a good one guys. Soultwist out!

Mechwarper/Gorilla was the bane of my life during this brawl. Half the time I just couldn't be bothered and conceded.

1 person likes this

Mechwarper/Gorilla was the bane of my life during this brawl. Half the time I just couldn't be bothered and conceded.

Lol, it was pretty savage. I love the discovery mechanic though. I had to. Sorry if I ran into you and messed up your fun. :(

1 person likes this