Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Orange Leaves Team Archon

1 post in this topic

yYZvXGG.png

Jon "Orange" Westberg has announced that he has left Team Archon.

Orange had a spectacular 2015, winning over $35,000 in prizes. He is already over $6,000 in 2016 which puts him firmly in the top 25 Hearthstone money earners of all time. Talking to The Daily Dot, he said: 

"I'm very grateful to Archon for the time I spent with the team. They took me from an up and coming player to a recognisable player in Europe, and allowed me to compete in tournaments all over the world. I wouldn't be where I am today without the help of Amaz, Backspace, and everyone else involved.

I'm leaving the team simply because myself and the team want to go in different directions, and that's totally cool. I want to wish them luck and hope they have every success."

It is unclear where Orange intends to go next, but given his reply to a comment on Twitter, it is clear he feels that leaving Archon is something that he feels is key to furthering his career:

Placeholder for tweet 739062031983247360

I am personally a big fan of Orange's work ethic, and assume this is not a decision he took lightly. I expect we will see a lot more of him in the coming months.