Zadina

hearthstone Rumours On The Next Hearthstone Adventure

8 posts in this topic

aHXKZOy.jpg

Team Celestial have posted a tweet quoting a Chinese website/medium claiming that the next Hearthstone adventure is themed after a WoW raid that has a name with exactly 3 Chinese characters. See which raids fit these criteria!

Sinn from Team Celestial has posted the following tweet with information from iplaymtg.com:

Placeholder for tweet 753214512120160256

Personally, I think Ulduar and Temple of Ahn'Qiraj are the most likely contenders, since both of these raids had Old Gods as their last bosses, something which ties well in to the fact that the previous expansion is called Whispers of the Old Gods!

Ulduar is one of World of Warcraft's most iconic raids: it was introduced in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and it is considered to be one of the best raids ever. It has 14 bosses (15 with the extra boss, Algalon), with the last boss being Yogg-Saron. Therefore, it has enough bosses to be possibly split in a 4- or 5-part Adventure.

Temple of Ahn-Qiraj is a vanilla raid and it's fondly remembered by old WoW players as one of the most difficult raids in the game. It has 7 standard bosses and 3 optional ones, making for a total of 10 bosses with C'Thun being the last one. Two of the previous adventures, Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain, were both technically vanilla raid (even if they got revamped in subsequent expansions), so Temple of Ahn-Qiraj might be the next Hearthstone Adventure too if the Hearthstone team keep showing their preference for vanilla content. See my reply post, Karazhan is equally likely to Ulduar now.

Strong cases can be made for the other raids too (especially Karazhan), but I think these two have slightly more chances. Of course, we cannot be sure if this article by iplaymtg is 100% accurate. Bear in mind, though, that Sinn from Team Celestial was one of the first to spot the references for the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion and we based our prediction article (which came out to be true!) on his observations.

What do you think the next Hearthstone Adventure will be?

According to a post on reddit, it is debatable which raids have exactly 3 characters. I will quote this post by u/czhihong

Sinn left out key information about why this is even halfway credible.

Two days ago, a Chinese poster 见崎_鸣 posted on tieba (Chinese reddit) that a new shaman skin was going to be released, and that it would be Morgl.

近期会有傻馒新皮肤,大家来猜一猜是哪个人物 还有获取方式

There will be a new Shaman skin soon, anybody wants to guess who? ;) and how do you think you can obtain it?

麻蛋 不放干货没人看了 摩戈尔 招募。 粑粑闪了

Fuck, nobody wants to guess if you don't reveal anything. It's Morgl. Bye.

It didn't get much attention then, but naturally a lot of people bumped the post up today.

From there, he said that the upcoming adventure would be a WoW raid that has 3 Chinese characters.

下一个冒险是三个字的团队副本

The next adventure is a raid with 3 characters :)

Here are all the thus-far released WoW raids that have 3 Chinese characters (some of the ones Sinn posted are incorrect, the full names are not 3 characters):

• Karazhan 卡拉赞

• Ulduaar 奥度尔

• Terrace of Endless Spring 永春台

• Highmaul 悬槌堡

Karazhan is, of course, the speculated front runner currently for various reasons.

Unfortunately, I don't know Chinese but if this is true, it just strengthens the case for Karazhan and weakens it for Temple of Ahn' Qiraj. I still think Ulduar is the favourite!

2 people like this

I would dispatch Ulduar without delay. It's highly unlikely that Blizzard is going play the same card twice and sell us two Yogg'Sarons a'time. It will cause confusion, chaos, lack of flavor diversity and what else not. If they are doing it, I'm calling that lazy and blatant moneymaking.

Karazhan is...interesting, but to be honest I wouldn't do that one either. We already have Medivh, that's for sure, but once again, it's not really anything different - same madness theme as WotOG, same characters appearing around - not making a good selling point. It is a possible one and if they make it good nobody will batch an eye, but still watch out.

Terrace of Endless Springs can be a good shot, but the plot of that raid is (once again) corruption by the Old God, which is (once again) we've seen before. It's also a short one and doesn't make a good adventure of itself.

And Highmaul, though being a cool raid, is not quite iconic and flavorful enough - it's just the Stone Dude, the Plant Dude, Kargath "I'm-so-awesome-every-pug-raid-can-kill-me" Bladefist, and then a bunch of ogres who look pretty much the same. Doesn't sound appealing for a ~30 different cards, does it?

I doubt that it will be themed with Old Gods.. Every adventure was the opposite of the Card add-on. 

If we didn't know that the Halfhill card back (the one that was supposed to be the July 2016 card back) had been pushed to November 2016, I would say that there was a pretty good chance we got a Pandaria raid. However, there is probably no link between them.

This rumour has certainly gotten people talking and I have seen people present sound arguments for all 4 cases, so it's really hard to decide!

Maybe Blizzard will surprise us and do a murloc-themed Adventure :p I wonder if Blackfathom Deeps (a very lengthy WoW dungeon with murlocs) is written with 3 chinese characters...

On ‎14‎.‎7‎.‎2016 at 1:43 AM, Zadina said:

Maybe Blizzard will surprise us and do a murloc-themed Adventure :p I wonder if Blackfathom Deeps (a very lengthy WoW dungeon with murlocs) is written with 3 chinese characters...

WoWhead has guides in Chinese as well, and Blackfathom Deeps are translated as 黑暗深渊 - 4 chinese characters (source). So, hopefully we get a murloc expansion/adventure later, I would really love to see one.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DonKeyShot said:

Any speculation about the date?

Not really :/ My guess is: if they want to make the expansion-adventure-expansion thing happen every 3,5 months (as it roughly seems to be the case), the first wing of the new Adventure has to go live either at the last week of July or the first week of August. Then, the new expansion will go live at some point after BlizzCon (any date from mid November to beginning of December).

1 person likes this