Destro Dps help

18 posts in this topic

Here's links to important information:

Armory: http://eu.battle.net...yphonz/advanced

logs main page: http://www.worldoflo.../guilds/181443/

Last set of kills:

Mag & ji - http://www.worldoflo...Done/?enc=kills

jin-hor-council-tor - http://www.worldoflo...Done/?enc=kills

edit: Megaera kill. only 21 ticks of damage from rain of fire. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5p945shcoae8iop4/spell/104233/?s=1678&e=2153

your kill order was G-R-G-R-B-R-B

should be way more than that. missing out on free ember generation.

Also, i dont see you using pots or flasks.

at all.

am i missing it?

Edited by Gravyspasm

Here's links to important information:

Armory: http://eu.battle.net...yphonz/advanced

logs main page: http://www.worldoflo.../guilds/181443/

Last set of kills:

Mag & ji - http://www.worldoflo...Done/?enc=kills

jin-hor-council-tor - http://www.worldoflo...Done/?enc=kills

edit: Megaera kill. only 21 ticks of damage from rain of fire. http://www.worldoflo.../?s=1678&e=2153

your kill order was G-R-G-R-B-R-B

should be way more than that. missing out on free ember generation.

Also, i dont see you using pots or flasks.

at all.

am i missing it?

I'm asking should i what should i reforge for with my gear :) . I just use 1000 intel flask.

I'm asking should i what should i reforge for with my gear Posted Image

your post states you think you should be doing more damage.

Learning to play is one such method.

edit: Posted Image

edit 2:

I just use 1000 intel flask.

I see that now when i look at the raid as a whole. doesn't show up for individual bosses. So you use flasks, just not pre-potting and potting.

Edited by Gravyspasm
1 person likes this

I'm asking should i what should i reforge for with my gear Posted Image . I just use 1000 intel flask.

If you're looking for a large dps gain, then you're asking the wrong questions Posted Image

That being said...You don't have a legendary meta and only 1 RPPM trinket so the way you are set up right now is perfectly fine. Moving stats around is at best going to change your dps by 2-3% with your current gear. Not 100% sure, but you could probably get close to that just by using two pots on every fight.

Looking over your logs there's still plenty of room for improvement. If you want advice for tweaking your playstyle let us know.

Edit: Forgot to address this part of your question.

Suggestions for reforge or any trinkets to replace?

Do you have other trinkets at your disposal? Volatile Talisman is kind of meh in my eyes and Wush is okay. If you have the chance to grab a Breath of the Hydra go for it and Unerring is a good alternative as well (my current destro trinks).

Edited by Cruzan
1 person likes this

Breath of the Hydra is money for basically every warlock spec. Getting a lot of large intellect procs and knowing how to use them is the key to destro.

Thanks for your help i nearly have enough collect for the meta gem and i will change out my trinkets and look into using pots :)

Make sure you're using Havoc on like CD on any fight you can.. this is key to raising your dps.. Knowing you can use having and get 3 shadow burns off in a row is ideal :) Enjoy!

Make sure you're using Havoc on like CD on any fight you can.. this is key to raising your dps.. Knowing you can use having and get 3 shadow burns off in a row is ideal Posted Image Enjoy!

Yeah tripple SB on havok is sexy for dps.

To the above two posters, spamming Havoc'd shadowburns on mobs that are unimportant to the actual point of the fight is nothing but a waste of time. Padding your numbers is doing nothing for the group as a whole, and if your e-peen is more important than getting kills/gear, maybe you should re-evaluate. On Horridon, sure. Megaera? -_-

1 person likes this

To the above two posters, spamming Havoc'd shadowburns on mobs that are unimportant to the actual point of the fight is nothing but a waste of time. Padding your numbers is doing nothing for the group as a whole, and if your e-peen is more important than getting kills/gear, maybe you should re-evaluate. On Horridon, sure. Megaera? Posted Image

This, so much this. On Horridon, EXCELLENT use of mechanics. On Megaera, you're just strokin' your epeen. Just don't do that AND link meters. We call those people 'douchelocks.' On Megaera, the proper use of Havoc is to use Incinerate to generate higher embers to boost your single target Chaos Bolts. After bosses are on farm, feel free to manipulate anything you want.

Baseline tips:

• Prepot and pot, when damage is needed and your cd´s are ready
  • Look, if you have to cast Curse of the Elements or someone else is automatically applying such an effect
  • know how and when to use either Doomguard or Infernal, Doomguard makes extra damage under 20% and profits of Bloodlust when active before BL is cast
  • Never cast CB´s with 3+ stacks of Backdraft, unless some heavy procs will fall off until you got rid of the stacks
  • Never cast Conflagrate with 4+ stacks of Backdraft, you will lose backdraft stacks, because they cap at 6, therefore this would hurt your mana generation
  • 100% uptime of Immolate, refresh with Fel Flame just if you have to move and don´t have Mannoroth´s Fury, else always with recasting Immolate
  • Watch timers, boss life and cd´s to pool Embers, it´s just useless to cast Chaosbolt if the boss is about to drop under 20%, where you can use SB or if the boss is about to disappear at a phase change
  • Look for Opportunities for Havoc, either for accelerated ember generation with Inflagrate or for shooting away add´s with SB.

And also for destro, there is one big tip i learned from watching sparkuggz´s videos: you can cast Rain of Fire on two areas so for example on primordius you don´t have to use Mannoroth´s Fury, 2 rain of fire will get you so much embers to either Fire and Brimestone away the adds or spam CBs into Primordius. To use this and also be able to cast something else, you should have a decent level of haste or else you´re going OOM( i have ca. 20%).

OT: destro is nice, but i want to try demo once i get Unerring Vision of Lei Shen^^

Baseline tips:

• Prepot and pot, when damage is needed and your cd´s are ready
  • Look, if you have to cast Curse of the Elements or someone else is automatically applying such an effect
  • know how and when to use either Doomguard or Infernal, Doomguard makes extra damage under 20% and profits of Bloodlust when active before BL is cast
  • Never cast CB´s with 3+ stacks of Backdraft, unless some heavy procs will fall off until you got rid of the stacks
  • Never cast Conflagrate with 4+ stacks of Backdraft, you will lose backdraft stacks, because they cap at 6, therefore this would hurt your mana generation
  • 100% uptime of Immolate, refresh with Fel Flame just if you have to move and don´t have Mannoroth´s Fury, else always with recasting Immolate
  • Watch timers, boss life and cd´s to pool Embers, it´s just useless to cast Chaosbolt if the boss is about to drop under 20%, where you can use SB or if the boss is about to disappear at a phase change
  • Look for Opportunities for Havoc, either for accelerated ember generation with Inflagrate or for shooting away add´s with SB.
And also for destro, there is one big tip i learned from watching sparkuggz´s videos: you can cast Rain of Fire on two areas so for example on primordius you don´t have to use Mannoroth´s Fury, 2 rain of fire will get you so much embers to either Fire and Brimestone away the adds or spam CBs into Primordius. To use this and also be able to cast something else, you should have a decent level of haste or else you´re going OOM( i have ca. 20%).

OT: destro is nice, but i want to try demo once i get Unerring Vision of Lei Shen^^

Cast Curse of the Elements regardless of who is providing similar debuff. If it's a Rogue or Hunter, they may die. Yours lasts for 5 minutes and requires one global. Make it standard procedure to have applied.

Doomguard does NOT benefit from Bloodlust in any way, shape, or form. He still only casts 17 Doombolts regardless of what buffs he has present. He does, however, scale with Intellect procs, so popping him at the beginning often overcompensates for the 20% buff you get with him in execute phase. You should NEVER be using an Infernal. Ever.

Do NOT use Fel Flame to refresh Immolate. With Pandemic, you have a 10 second window to land an Immolate anytime to not let it fall off and fully benefit from Pandemic. There is never an excuse to let it fall off or have to reapply it with Fel Flame.

@Zagam, thank you for clarification with Curse of Elements and Doomguard´s not existent benefit of BL, i mixed it up with priests shadow fiend,my fault :)

for the thing with fel flame, pandemic saves us dps-wise but i wanted to mention it and under normal circumstances i don´t cast it, too.

What Zagam is saying is that you should *never* cast it. the amount of mana it costs is detrimental to your dps, and you're better off getting the pandemic duration and enjoying more time casting incinerate and conflagrate, rather than being low on mana and having to cast Chaos Bolt only once/twice, further gimping your dps.

This, so much this. On Horridon, EXCELLENT use of mechanics. On Megaera, you're just strokin' your epeen. Just don't do that AND link meters. We call those people 'douchelocks.' On Megaera, the proper use of Havoc is to use Incinerate to generate higher embers to boost your single target Chaos Bolts. After bosses are on farm, feel free to manipulate anything you want.

On H Horridon it's a great thing to do and isn't a epeen anything.. It's important to kill the adds fast. Of course you use it on appropriate targets... BUT there is no target you can soulburn 3x that isn't important so please refrain from thinking it's a cock strut comment. It's important for destro to use havoc whether it be for Embers or for a spike in damage with soul burns/cb's

Please re-read my comment. Everything I mentioned in terms of it being an epeen stroker is in reference to Megaera. I fully support it on Horridon by saying specifically "On Horridon, ECELLENT use of mechanics." Notice that the rest of the statement you quoted me on is about Megaera where if you are spending Embers on two heads (Shadowburn/Chaos Bolt), you are strokin' the epeen and nothing more.