Zalifur

Why is mastery so good?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I just have a question about mastery as Outlaw. 

Why is it so good for me? 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/scarlet-crusade/Zalifur/simple is my armory. I have an 830 versatility trinket that Mr. Robot says is better, so I'll probably swap one trinket for that and an 835 Rough-Hammered Silver Ring that would be approximately a 100 dps increase replacing my Grubby Silver Ring. Why is this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really simcraft, I used shadowcraft in the past but it seems a bit unreliable at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Zalifur said:

Hi, I just have a question about mastery as Outlaw. 

Why is it so good for me? 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/scarlet-crusade/Zalifur/simple is my armory. I have an 830 versatility trinket that Mr. Robot says is better, so I'll probably swap one trinket for that and an 835 Rough-Hammered Silver Ring that would be approximately a 100 dps increase replacing my Grubby Silver Ring. Why is this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really simcraft, I used shadowcraft in the past but it seems a bit unreliable at the moment. 

A 100 dps increase is effectively nothing.

Mastery is a free hit with your offhand any time you attack or cast an ability, and adds up to a decent amount of damage

Thanks for the reply, Carrn! 

I know what Outlaw's mastery does, but on Shadowcraft, Mastery is my highest weighted stat other than Agility, with Versatility as a close second, then Haste, then Crit far behind, and it's even telling me to gem Mastery. Is this correct? How all-out on the Mastery train should I go, if I do? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Questing Miracle Rogue Standard Deck.
    • By MrEdren
      Title says it all - despite having the highest simdps on my server, I can't even hit half of it in raids regardless of talent setup (pistol shot or ghostly strike).  I have some thoughts, but curious to see what you all see.  Pretty much ready to give up on raiding at this point.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xvaNKX3TCzGPpmY9/#view=rankings
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRFA9HWCdfbNMyj8/
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/42kMr93hQBZfHnFx
      Thanks in advance!
      -E
    • By BrazenBadger
      Hi. So, I'm a soon to be returning player from back in vanilla days who hasn't been able to play since the end of Cata/early Pandaria. Really looking forward to a couple of expansions of content to faff with. Anyway, until I can actually play, I've been nerding out over the info and forums pages trying to decide what I'll main and use my new account free boost on, and since mythic+ looks really exciting to me, and I'm an old combat rogue enthusiast, I'm of course really interested in outlaw. But I had a couple questions on the theorycraft that I've been able to research, which mainly pertain to me really hoping a Slice and Dice can be viable.
      Now, from what I've seen, a lot of the people who have been experimenting and reporting low damage with Slice and Dice builds compared to Roll the Bones on both forums and videos don't mention weighting the stats any differently; they seem to be using the same values that the popular Roll the Bones build favors; high crit and versatility, and low mastery and haste a la IcyVeins suggestion. I haven't seen anyone on any of the forums go into the fact that doubling auto attack speed will basically double the value of Combat Potency and of mastery proccing Main Gauche, and further Combat Potency proccs off of Main Gauche attacks. 
      In other words, it gives all of these abilities double the chance to procc, since attack speed is increased 100 percent, and will synergistically increase both auto attack damage and energy regen. This, according to my math should put the value of Mastery well above the others, and subsequently, a high mastery will increase the value of haste synergistically in causing those procs to occur. And it might explain why some of these tests yield such unfavorable results for slice and dice, since it seems to almost reverse the stat preference with mastery first and haste second.
      It also seems like it would weight the value of sword master slightly more; with the main energy spender having an increased chance to proc an attack that has a chance to proc main gauche. Though, of course, that's minor compared to the Mastery and Haste difference, it might make a difference compared to other talents on that tier. It might also favor relics that add points to the Artifact ability 'Fortune Strikes' that gives bonus energy points from Combat potency procs.
      Sadly, I can't test any of this out personally for a couple more weeks, so I was curious if anyone has, or has seen anyone who has? Also, this is napkin math, not proper simcraft, so any insights from that would be appreciated! Thanks!
    • By DamasterZ
      Hi folks, i need your help.

Crippling poison makes me gain energy in bosses? I've searching because in Nythendra the affects my teamates, but I'm not totally sure if it woks in bosses.

Thanks
    • By TeamRage
      HEY ROGUES LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION ON OUTLAW AND SUB...BEEN PLAYING ASSASIN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF LEGION AND THINKING ABOUT TRYING A DIFFERENT SPEC ANYONE HAVE A FEW TIPS ABOUT OUTLAW AND SUB??