Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xzz

Mage Fire Bindings

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new and looking for mage bindings / hotkeys especially for fire spec. :)

Are there some good suggestions? Couldnt find any for Legion.

I am good with a complete "layout" so that I can adapt that playstyle from.

Thanks guys.

There aren't many needed Macros if any at all for Fire.  You could macro in your trinkets with your CDs, such as burning an on use trinket with Combustion but I think it's pretty wasted.

Everything is centered around Combustion burn, as such you can't simple macro everything together and nuke.

I think you got me wrong. I mean keybinds like spell1 = a, spell2 = b

I know I could to it by myself, just like to know if there are any good suggestions like from a high skilled player.

Edited by xzz

I don't use those kinds of keybinds.  Can't help you there.  Everything I use is on the hotbars 1-0 and ctrl+1-0.

You can divide the spell mentioned in the Fire Mage Rotation Guide into categories. Spells that you cast often should be bound on keys you can easily access.

Cooldowns (1+ Mins): 
Combustion
Rune of Power

Generally you can bind these to R/T or Z/X/C/V

Normal Rotation(No cooldown - 12 Seconds Cooldown)
Fireball
Fireblast
Pyroblast

You would want to bind these to 1-3

Short Cooldown (12 seconds - 1 minute)
Flame On
Phoenix's Flames
Dragon's Breath

Suggest you bind these to Q/E/F or 4-6

AoE Rotation:
Flamestrike
Living Bomb

Z/X/C/V/G or 7-9

Utility:
Spellsteal
Shimmer/Blink
Counterspell
Ice Floes

Counterspell should be on a quick access button like Q/E/F/C/V
You can replace your backpaddle button ( S ) with Ice Floes since it is a movement spell.
The other can be bound on a Shift modifier of 1-6, Q/E/F

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mxyates
      So I love this brawlers guild and have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge up until meatball. Now I'm just bitter. I'm a frost mage but I also tried arcane and I can't touch this guy. Ive tried any and ever strategy and buff I'm able to afford and haven't even got him under 50% yet. I'm 865 so I feel like it should be possible I didn't think my gear would be a problem until rank six honestly. So any advice or help or tips or whatever I'm desperate.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Value Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Burn Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Niebvelungen
      Hello fellow arcane players,
      i need a list of BIS Trikets and Gear from Nighthold or other Sources (7.1.5 ofc) . If you have one pls comment!
      Thanks in advance for you help.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, Rogue, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild