Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone New Set Name Revealed, with Cinematic Trailer

5 posts in this topic

QKtjpVU.jpg

Spoiler season is finally here, and the new set has been revealed as Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. The set also introduces a new type of card, the tri-class card.

We already knew that the setting was going to be Gadgetzan, and now we have the backstory. Three crime families are feuding for control of the city, and we get to be a part of that through the new cards.

The official release has information on all three gangs, which are detailed below. The gangs are represented by tri-class cards, cards which are only usable by three classes.

Nh0NLbv.png

Blizzard LogoBlizzard

The Grimy Goons sure picked a flattering name for themselves. They’re your gangsters and weapon smugglers, eager to make their coin by equipping Gadgetzan with all sorts of untested and illegal weaponry. They’re easy to pick out of a crowd; you can usually smell ‘em before you see ‘em, but watch out for ill-fitting brown vests and garish orange ties. What they don’t have in brains, they make up with brawn.

KJDmHbP.png

Blizzard LogoBlizzard

Members of the Jade Lotus family excel in the ancient arts of stealth, assassination, and turning murlocs into finjas. Yeah, I said finjas. Don’t give me that look. I didn’t come up with that name. Rumor has it they’re meddling with some sort of ancestral juju and hitting the local art and relic exhibits—I don’t know how true that is, but I’ll tell you one thing: the statues outside their business are really creepy.

upi3aWA.png

Blizzard LogoBlizzard

Need some mana quick? The Kabal got you covered. These crazy chemists control the illicit mana trade in Gadgetzan, and there’s never a shortage of magic-users looking for a little extra boost to their latest potent potable or kooky concoction. Just a warning: never drink what they offer you. You may up with a fuzzy coat of wool, or at the very least, a killer headache. Emphasis on the killer.

Pre-orders of the a 50-pack bundle are available for $49.99

@L0rindaWhat do you think about those cards? Will you be adding your opinion on cards when you make a thread about them? I would love to see what you think about them.

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@L0rindaWhat do you think about those cards? Will you be adding your opinion on cards when you make a thread about them? I would love to see what you think about them.

I'll be adding more cards later. The release timing was absolutely perfect to put me instantly 12 hours behind, but I'll catch it up through the weekend :)

Edit: and yep, I'll put my head on the block for you guys with some opinions.

Looks like Dark Cultist is back!

If you want to have a look at the revealed Neutral cards while L0rinda is busy uploading them, Kripparian made a video about the new expansion and the revealed cards. (And if you dig around in the links a bit further, he's far from the only doing so.)