Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oavil

8 proving Ground tips for Holy Paladins

1 post in this topic

These tips got me easy gold last night, check it out:

1. Talents: SoL / FoJ / EF / Clemency / HA / LH.  Purity can be useful too but go with what works for you.
  2. Glyphs: Divine Plea / Hand of Sac / Protector of the innocent
  3. Stat priority: spirit > everything.  Spirit flask & 300 spirit food.
  4. When raid damage gets insane, pop 1 healing CD - never more than one at a time.  If that's an insufficient healing boost you failed at something else. When tank damage gets insane use HoP, HoS, LoH etc.  Never try to outheal crazy tank dmg, always try to mitigate the damage altogether.
  5. HoP when available on people who get that chomp debuff.  generally i found as long as things don't get out of control EF will often top people off for you.
  6. Use stuns as much as possible incl blinding light.  
  7. Generally want to be with close to tank for increased healing from lights hammer and for stuns.
  8. To me the most amazing tool we have for this is hand of reckoning.  This will save your ass when the conq's start destroying the tank.  Pop it on the conq, and just run - maybe with a SoL.  Keeping the conq running back and forth will reduce their DPS on your tank and make the whole thing really trivial. Righteous fury on yourself always.  Might not be necessary, but i used it to ensure this always worked and keep the conq's away from my dps. 

(my ilvl was 550)

Edited by oavil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeeImperium
      Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.  We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
      Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.

Raid Info
      Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic

What to expect from us...
      - Raids that start and end on time.
      - A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
      - Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
      - Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
      - A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
      - An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
      - Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
      - Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
      - We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.

What we expect from you...
      - Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
      - Great verbal communication during raid.
      - Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
      - High to perfect raid attendance.
      - Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
      - Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
      - Be active and contribute to the guild forums.

Currently Recruiting:
      1 Melee DPS
      1 Ranged DPS
      1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
      Exceptional players are always considered.

Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
      Vee#1811
      Mochi#11316
      Roxycodone#1543
      Nyyankees29#1435
      Skratchh#1194

• By Junebug
      Greetings,
      Core of Insight is about the oldest raidguild on Shadowsong (Server firsts on all Vanilla raids).
      We would like to raid on Tue/Wed/Thu 20.00-23.30, but at the moment we clear 7/7HC on a wednesday night, and after that we simply lack numbers to venture into Mythic content.
      We are searching for:
      -Healer (Paladin/Shaman)     -DPS (Melee/Ranged).
      You will be filling a roster aiming for mythic content progression, so we expect you to be reliable and on top of ur class. We use Teamspeak 3.
      If you are interrested in killing stuff in a social but focussed environment, or want further info, feel free to contact Tizona#2484 for an ingame chat, or apply on our forum: http://coreofinsight.enjin.com/home
    • By Skyler110
      Hello all i was just wondering if anyone had a good addon for tracking who is in the range for the new Holy Paladin Mastery.
      - Thanks
      - Kizroll
    • By Bluntss
      Introduction:

So guys I will now teach you how to get the title "The Proven Assailant" from proving grounds. To get the title you have to do 30+ endless waves and this is incredibly easy, especially if you have the legendary ring. I really encourage everybody to get it who cares about achievements/titles since it really requires no effort. If you already have this title just ignore this guide.

Spec:

So you're probably thinking, fury or arms? The best spec is currently arms, since fury is really bad with low crit chance (not much enrage uptime etc).

What talents?

15 talent: Double Time. Double charge is simply the best since you normally don’t use charges regularly and it’s nice to use two right away if you need it.

30 talent: irrelevant

45 talent: Sudden Death. Best single target and proving  grounds is mostly single target. You’re normally

60 talent: Shockwave. Really useful for stunning the banana adds in the perfect place and sweeping strikes execute them.

75 talent: irrelevant

90 talent: Bladestorm. You might ask: Why not avatar? Simply because bladestorm destroys everything(try it out) and you can have it for almost every wave. Another big plus is you can take the Amber bubbles without getting stunned. This talent is a must!

100 talent: Ravager. Not reallyt hat crazy but I feel this talent is best, compared to the other poor alternatives.

Gear:

“Well I have full mythic HFC, I will just go in and rape everything”. Yerh you can do but you’re just gonna make things so much harder for yourself.

To get the best gear for proving grounds you need to have every piece of equipment as close to 600 as possible EXCEPT for trinkets and legendary ring.

So yerh uneqiup that mythic weapon and put on a 630 weapon or something lower. Weapon scaling is insane and therefore only makes it harder. BiS drops from skyreach normal but you do not need to farm this to just get the title.

If you’re having trouble getting 600 item lvl gear I recommend using heirloom gear(fully upgraded). Heirloom gear is 605 item lvl, which is pretty much the best you can get without putting too much effort into farming gear.

Good trinkets are Alchemy trinket and on use stats(clarity, scabbard, double sided coin).

For consumables simply use greater strength flask and critical food buff. You can also use Mecha-Blast Rocket, which do insane damage. Use these if you’re having trouble

Waves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCw9Q6N4514

So yerh I could explain in text what to do on each wave, but that’s gonna take quite a while. If you are curious about what to do on each wave, simply watch the video above. I can quickly recap what waves you need to be alert on:

Wave 1: easy

Wave 2: Normal(kill healer and interrupt):

Wave 3: BLADESTORM!!!

Wave 4: Hard(use the amber bubbles to kill the adds)

Wave 5: Easy(use CDS’ to kill the big guy when shield is down)

Wave 6: Place a ravager in the middle and kill the big dudes:

Wave 7: Bladestorm!

Wave 8: Kill healer

Wave 9: Hard( Kill banana dude and use amber bubble)

Wave 10: USE CDS and ring when shield is off. Easy
    • By lao
      would anyone be willing to help a newbish demo out with the proving grounds?
      im currently on try 306 and its getting frustrating,only been able to get past the first healer wave once.im doing everything by the book,but it dosent seem enough,any tips or tricks?or did they really hit demo with the nerf bat that hard as people tell me?