FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
oavil

8 proving Ground tips for Holy Paladins

These tips got me easy gold last night, check it out:

1. Talents: SoL / FoJ / EF / Clemency / HA / LH.  Purity can be useful too but go with what works for you.
  2. Glyphs: Divine Plea / Hand of Sac / Protector of the innocent
  3. Stat priority: spirit > everything.  Spirit flask & 300 spirit food.
  4. When raid damage gets insane, pop 1 healing CD - never more than one at a time.  If that's an insufficient healing boost you failed at something else. When tank damage gets insane use HoP, HoS, LoH etc.  Never try to outheal crazy tank dmg, always try to mitigate the damage altogether.
  5. HoP when available on people who get that chomp debuff.  generally i found as long as things don't get out of control EF will often top people off for you.
  6. Use stuns as much as possible incl blinding light.  
  7. Generally want to be with close to tank for increased healing from lights hammer and for stuns.
  8. To me the most amazing tool we have for this is hand of reckoning.  This will save your ass when the conq's start destroying the tank.  Pop it on the conq, and just run - maybe with a SoL.  Keeping the conq running back and forth will reduce their DPS on your tank and make the whole thing really trivial. Righteous fury on yourself always.  Might not be necessary, but i used it to ensure this always worked and keep the conq's away from my dps. 

(my ilvl was 550)

Edited by oavil

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brerathiel
      As the title suggests - I think it's time that we discuss our Beacon(s) and their place in the current 'meta'.
      Most of you will probably not agree with me but I feel like there's a very limited impact to beacon currently. When Legion was first announced I was thrilled at the prospect of tanks losing the 'I am a wall of iron....' and becoming more dependent on their healers again. And I say this despite playing a Guardian Druid for most of WoD with raiding Mythic throughout the expansion.
      Once more it was going to be down to your healers to keep you level and you would focus primarily on smoothing out the damage intake while still picking up adds, tank swaps, controlling pace, positioning etc. (the list goes on and on obviously!). Healing yourself was no longer to be your responsibility!
      Currently it feels like we've moved too far away from that again. Now this - of course, being an issue not only for paladins but an overall issue with the current state of tanking.
      But I digress.... The reason why I feel Beacon needs to be reworked slightly is because currently beacon is having a very minor effective healing vs the overhealing it 'provides'. I've heard several arguments for this. Some feel that 'it is free overhealing so why should we care?' but I lean to the side of: What is the point of having a spell, which is undoubtedly one of our core abilities, that have such a low impact?
      I feel like some tuning is in order for it. Maybe rework what it actually does? Tuning overall healing throughput of tanks?
      Rework our mastery to be more interactive with throughput in relation to beacons?
      I can't really offer any substantial solutions to the problem but I still feel that it is, in fact, a problem.
      What are your thoughts on this? Has Blizzard dug themselves into a hole again with the current state of tanking or could a rework of the Beacon sort the issue so that it feels that Holy Paladins are once more the Go-To 'Tank Healer' with a more impactful kit? 
    • By Giwien
      Hello everyone :)

I'm in a company which has a 3D mouse designed for graphic or 3D designers. I find the format suitable for video games and I would like to know your opinion on the subject.
      Our mouse is called "Lexip 3D", it has a joystick and a tilt allowing movements in 3 dimensions on 6 axis. You can set all the buttons with a Control Panel. Companies like Dassault Systems have had the opportunity to work with.

Today, we don‘t sell this product anymore but we are working on a new basis for our professional target. On my side, I would like to present some mouse’s configurations on video games to my superiors to propose the development of a Lexip gaming mouse. I had the opportunity to do some tests on your game:

What do you think of our mouse?
      Would you use it on World of Warcraft ?
      Do you have any configuration ideas?

Thanks in advance ! 
    • By Skyaire
      Hey everyone!

I was playing my Paladin today and as I get to where I unlock my concordance on my off specs, I had been distributing my AP so I don't have too much to grind when I turn my attention to them. Today it was the Holy spec. I added some AP from my daily AP grind. But instead of popping my Concordance and the 4  talents around it, it stopped at Silver Touch and stacked all my remaining points into it. Now my Holy Weapon says it is maxxed out. I did report it as a bug, but I was very curious if this has happened to anyone else. I did take a screenshot of what it looks like, and have posted it below.

• By Elesis
      Hive have opened up recruitment!

Hive is a 2-day mythic raiding guild on Ravencrest-Alliance. We are a core of raiders who have been together since before the launch of Legion and are looking to expand on our Raiding Roster for the opening of Tomb of Sargeras. We are a fairly new guild and as such are a work in progress.
      We are aiming for a spot within the top 20-30 guilds on Ravencrest on progress, and are looking for more raiders with an ambition and dedication at the same level.
      Recruitment:
      1x Holy Paladin
      1x Rogue
      1x Warlock 
      1x Mage 
      1x Rogue
      Legion Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 M
      Trial of Valor: 2/3 M
      The Nighthold: 5/10 M

Raid Days:
      The raiding times in Hive are Thursday and Sunday from 19:30 until 23:30 Server time (CEST). Invites to the raids will go out starting at 19:15. We require all raiders to be ready and available to execute the first pull of the raid at 19:30.

Loot:
      The loot in Hive is distributed amongst the raiders through a Loot Council. This council includes 3 Officers and at least 2 Raiders. During the remainder of the Nighthold Raid, all Trial Raiders will have equal rights to any loot drops as a core raider - Once Tomb of Sargeras is open however, Raiders will have priority over Trial Raiders within reason.

Requirements:
      -All communication during raids will be in English and we require all our raiders to be on Discord and able to speak, with a functioning mic. 
      -80% attendance on main raids. Due to this low attendance requirement, we have a large roster of players and all raiders may be subject to rotation in the raiding team on any given night.
      -A positive attitude towards constructive critisism - We expect all raiders to know their class through and through.
      -Preparation. All raiders are required to show up with enough Flasks, Food, Health potions and Combat potions to last through a night of extensive progress wiping. We may also ask you to use Defiled Augment Runes on progress fights. Vantus Runes are provided by the guild bank.

If you are looking for further information or have any questions, feel free to contact any of our Officers on Battle.tag:
      Elesís - Elesis#2594
      Jösh - JoshSmith#2461
      Bamf - Bamf#1142
      Or visit Hive - Ravencrest

• By HolloWDevil
      So im new to Demo Warlock and the weak aura stuff 

so im tried it for 1 level so far and i enjoyed it - [ i mean from 100 to 101 xD ]

and if you guys have good Weakauras import for buffs on pets like [Demonic Empowerment] that shows if its running out and something like [Doom] on enemies, and all of the similar things

and some tips should be cool