Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Szensa

DamRed on Stance, Armor etc... how does it work?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm wondering how all of this works. In what order, how do they 'scale' (additionally or multiplicatively)?

So... lets say my Stance has 25% Damage Reduction, and my armor soaks another 30% of the incoming physical damage, and the boss hits for 1m physical.

Examples

In case of addition (seems very unlikely):

Unmitigated damage: 1.000.000
Armor+Stance=55% reduction, so I take 450.000 damage as physical.

Multiplicatively:

Armor soaks 30%: 1.000.000*0.7=700.000

Stance soaks 25%: 700.000*0.75=525.000 damage as physical.

Aand, additional question to Brewmasters: How does Stagger work with all of this? Multiplicative after Armor and Stance, or before them? So, lets say I have 50% Stagger rate from Stance, Shuffle and Mastery.

Before mitigation:

Stagger cuts it in half: 500.000 and 50k DOT,

Mitigation blah blah

After mitigation:
Unmitigatad damage: 1.000.000
Additionally/multiplicatively soaked damage: 450.000/525.000
Stagger kicks in: 225.000/262.500 damage as physical and DOTz

I hope someone can help me out, I'm really interested in this. smile.png

Thanks everyone! smile.png

Adam

Edited by Szensa

Hi Szensa,

From what information i can gather stagger comes into effect after damage mitigation.

E.G.

1,000,000 damage

500k mitigated by dodge/parry/block

500k hit is then reduced by reductions/mitigation to for arguments sake 300k

Whatever is left is then staggered.

with shuffle and mastery % u then stagger the remaining 300k damage .

It gets a bit tricky in how it gets calculated with other cd's (pain supp etc) but ill do my best interpretation.

The damage is applied in stages,

1. Dodge/parry/block etc is applied

2. the remaining damage is then altered by cd %

3. whatever is left at the end is staggered

here is a link to the best explanation i could find after 10 second of googling :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719

So i guess you could say its addition of ratings, then multiplication of reductions, then stagger.

I have had a few quiet beverages so i apologise  if im rambling and making no sense XD

Hi Szensa,

From what information i can gather stagger comes into effect after damage mitigation.

E.G.

1,000,000 damage

500k mitigated by dodge/parry/block

500k hit is then reduced by reductions/mitigation to for arguments sake 300k

Whatever is left is then staggered.

with shuffle and mastery % u then stagger the remaining 300k damage .

It gets a bit tricky in how it gets calculated with other cd's (pain supp etc) but ill do my best interpretation.

The damage is applied in stages,

1. Dodge/parry/block etc is applied

2. the remaining damage is then altered by cd %

3. whatever is left at the end is staggered

here is a link to the best explanation i could find after 10 second of googling tongue.png

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719

So i guess you could say its addition of ratings, then multiplication of reductions, then stagger.

I have had a few quiet beverages so i apologise  if im rambling and making no sense XD

Thanks! biggrin.png

I'll read that thread after lunch and ask if I have any questions... ;D

Edit: Well, thats still only about Avoidance, but not bad. ;D

Pls gief booze

Edited by Szensa

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 4/7 Mythic EN+ 2/3 Heroic ToV
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: Medium demand.
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: Medium demand.

Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Ravedge
      Hello! <Dishonored> is a guild that has had 7/7 H EN on farm the past few weeks but we are lacking in numbers to get an easy transition into Mythics. Our first and only night of attempts of Mythics we had Nythendra to 16%. We unfortunately had a number of raiders have schedule changes in RL that have made raiding not really an option anymore. We are a weekend raiding guild that makes the most out of our Saturday/Sunday nights.

That being said, we are Recruiting!
      DPS: We are looking for a number of strong DPS (Pref ranged BUT not ignoring melee)
      Healers: 1-2 Healers (Having a DPS off build is a plus but NOT required)
      Tank: Looking for a solid Tank (Having a DPS off build is a plus but NOT required)

Raid Times
      (Server Time) EST
      Saturday 9:30 pm - 1:00 am
      Sunday 9:00 pm - 12:00 am

If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to message me or add me on Battle tag: Ravedge#1619

Character Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Wulfbaine/simple

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Ravedge

• By Adelynd
      Who We Are

Lunae was created in early 2011 by a group of friends that have busy real lives with jobs and families.  We like to do things well but our families and friends come first.  We are looking for mature, fun, experienced, and skilled players who want to join a friendly raiding environment.  We offer a mature atmosphere that loves to raid more with the person than with a player and knows that in the end, real life is all that matters.  If you think this way then we may be the right guild for you.
      Recruiting
      DPS and healer
      Raid Schedule
      We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 23:30-02:00
      Progress
      EN-Normal 7/7 Heroic 6/7
      Our Expectations for Raiders
      Be at the raid entrance 15 minutes prior to start time when invites occur Attend at least 2/3 raids per week Have fully gemmed, enchanted, and repaired gear~have an in-depth knowledge of your class Regularly read the guild forums, read up/watch videos on boss tactics before the raid Have food, flasks and potions with you Have a headset and be able to not only listen but speak English. Applications
      When applying to Lunae remember that our only insight into who you are is based on what you write on the application form.  Please be thorough.  If accepted you will be considered a trial raider for a couple of weeks so the guild may evaluate your suitability for Lunae.  Apply at: http://lunae.enjin.com
      If you would like to have more information about Lunae please leave a message or contact Adelynd#1667 in-game.
    • By Dereek
      Váde Enim is a friendly guild on Draenor EU 
      We are currently 7/7 normal and 7/7 heroic
      We are looking to expand to a 20+ man team and tackle mythic content. 
      We cover a number of events in guild including alt raids, mythic dungeons and mythic + content.
      Raiding days are Wednesday and Thursday 1945 - 2300 (server time) 
      We run Mythic + groups on throughout the week 
      We're looking for the following; (But all may be considered)
      Mages
      Shadow Priests
      Hunters
      Feral and Balance Druids 
      Rogues 
      Demon Hunters (Havoc)
      Arms Warrior
      We're mainly looking for Melee DPS on top of the classes we already have just to spread out our Melee / Ranged ratio.
      If you'd like to join and trial please contact Dereek, Rentend, Pettz, Vaior in game or add my bnet tag Villain #2997

Many thanks
      http://vadeenim.guildomatic.com/

• By Subs01
      <Wakening> is a newly formed guild on Sylvanas alliance side, we are looking to fill up the ranks to get a full team ready for mythic. 

We are a semi-hardcore guild, we expect you to be performing your best and constantly looking to improve.

Our raid times are Wednesday, Sunday and Monday 21:00 - 00:00 server time.

Currently we are looking for players of all classes but specifically ranged DPS and Tanks. 

Please contact Subs#2165 on battle tag or reply to this thread if you think you're up to it!