Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Szensa

DamRed on Stance, Armor etc... how does it work?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm wondering how all of this works. In what order, how do they 'scale' (additionally or multiplicatively)?

So... lets say my Stance has 25% Damage Reduction, and my armor soaks another 30% of the incoming physical damage, and the boss hits for 1m physical.

Examples

In case of addition (seems very unlikely):

Unmitigated damage: 1.000.000
Armor+Stance=55% reduction, so I take 450.000 damage as physical.

Multiplicatively:

Armor soaks 30%: 1.000.000*0.7=700.000

Stance soaks 25%: 700.000*0.75=525.000 damage as physical.

Aand, additional question to Brewmasters: How does Stagger work with all of this? Multiplicative after Armor and Stance, or before them? So, lets say I have 50% Stagger rate from Stance, Shuffle and Mastery.

Before mitigation:

Stagger cuts it in half: 500.000 and 50k DOT,

Mitigation blah blah

After mitigation:
Unmitigatad damage: 1.000.000
Additionally/multiplicatively soaked damage: 450.000/525.000
Stagger kicks in: 225.000/262.500 damage as physical and DOTz

I hope someone can help me out, I'm really interested in this. smile.png

Thanks everyone! smile.png

Adam

Edited by Szensa

Hi Szensa,

From what information i can gather stagger comes into effect after damage mitigation.

E.G.

1,000,000 damage

500k mitigated by dodge/parry/block

500k hit is then reduced by reductions/mitigation to for arguments sake 300k

Whatever is left is then staggered.

with shuffle and mastery % u then stagger the remaining 300k damage .

It gets a bit tricky in how it gets calculated with other cd's (pain supp etc) but ill do my best interpretation.

The damage is applied in stages,

1. Dodge/parry/block etc is applied

2. the remaining damage is then altered by cd %

3. whatever is left at the end is staggered

here is a link to the best explanation i could find after 10 second of googling :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719

So i guess you could say its addition of ratings, then multiplication of reductions, then stagger.

I have had a few quiet beverages so i apologise  if im rambling and making no sense XD

Hi Szensa,

From what information i can gather stagger comes into effect after damage mitigation.

E.G.

1,000,000 damage

500k mitigated by dodge/parry/block

500k hit is then reduced by reductions/mitigation to for arguments sake 300k

Whatever is left is then staggered.

with shuffle and mastery % u then stagger the remaining 300k damage .

It gets a bit tricky in how it gets calculated with other cd's (pain supp etc) but ill do my best interpretation.

The damage is applied in stages,

1. Dodge/parry/block etc is applied

2. the remaining damage is then altered by cd %

3. whatever is left at the end is staggered

here is a link to the best explanation i could find after 10 second of googling tongue.png

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719

So i guess you could say its addition of ratings, then multiplication of reductions, then stagger.

I have had a few quiet beverages so i apologise  if im rambling and making no sense XD

Thanks! biggrin.png

I'll read that thread after lunch and ask if I have any questions... ;D

Edit: Well, thats still only about Avoidance, but not bad. ;D

Pls gief booze

Edited by Szensa

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By UberFalcon
      We are looking for a tank to progress into heroic ToS. Pref. Guardian Druid or Blood DK. No Prot Paladins. Raid Times are Tuesday/Thursday 8-11EST. Trial runs required.
      IGN: Bazzerltok
      BattleNet: UberFalcon#1491
    • By Aereth
      <Tempest> of Khaz'goroth/Dath'remar is recruiting!
      We are a laid back 21+ guild based in Australia for the most part. We understand that some don't have a large amount of time to commit to raiding due to real life commitments- jobs, kids, hassles etc :P
      Because of this we are dedicated to providing a stress free raiding environment 2 days per week in addition to an active social community. 
      Check us out at discord https://discord.gg/eNn7ugT
      We are currently 9/9N and 5/9H
      Social apps are available for all classes and levels! If this sounds like the guild for you please contact us!
      Previous tier progression was 1/7M, 3/3H and 10/10H NH
      Raiding info:
      We raid from 8pm sharp server time Sundays and Wednesdays for 3 hours and predominantly use loot council for loot distribution.
      Recruitment openings:
      DPS with tank OS- who is comfortable using it (druid or DH would be great but can be flexible with class)
      A DPS shaman - ele or enh (a healing OS would be great)
      We would also consider the following dps only classes in some circumstances:
      DH
      Rogue
      Druid
      Shadow Priest
      WW Monk
      Ret Pally
      Warlock
      We will of course give consideration to those who fall outside our recruitment needs if you think you may be a good fit for Tempest.
      If this sounds like you, or you would like some more info please pst or mail Aereth (Aereth#1439).
    • By Rheshi
      <Cheers Bro> is an alliance raiding guild on Stormrage (US). We are recruiting for Tomb of Sargaras Heroic/Mythic progression.  Current progression can be found here: WoW Progress Cheers Bro
      Who we are: Experienced raiders ranging from recent to Vanilla content and top 40 US raiding progression under our belts. Looking to challenge ourselves with progression and achievements, but mostly to have fun and enjoy doing things as a guild. Our goal is to down all current content and obtain AOTC as well as push Mythic content.
      What we offer:   Experienced, stable leadership with years of raiding experience. Free repairs & Consumables. Loot is RCLootCouncil. Discord for communication. Off-nights consist of M+, PVP and general mayhem with gearing alts.
      Raid Times:  Friday, Saturday 8:30pm EST - 11:30pm EST Progression Nights. We also raid (optional) on Tues/Thurs current non-progression content (ex. if we are progressing in Heroic/Mythic, we will clear early to push progression on Fri/Sat)What we expect: Individuals will come prepared for raids, gemmed & enchanted, having read up on strategies, and contributed to their gearing with mythics and world quests outside of normal raid times. Raiders will run the appropriate addons to assist with raiding such as DBM/Skada/Recount. Racism, sexism, and drama will not be tolerated in any form.
      Raiders should know their class, or where to find the appropriate information. Additionally, they should be open to give as well as receive constructive, positive feedback in an adult raiding environment.
      If interested please contact Rheshi#1686, Ivikatasha#1106, Daedalis#11865, KuroLock#1911, Catlady#1953
    • By Elithia
      Deathsworn Verdict

We are currently looking for Tanks and DPS to bolster our mythic roster!
      Current progress: 10/10M NH, 3/3M TOV, 8/9H ToS. Raid Times
       Wednesday: 20:45 – 00:00  Thursday: 20:45 – 00:00  Sunday: 20:45 – 00:00
      During progression, we occasionally extend to a Monday (20:45-00:00) raid if a boss kill is on the horizon.

Apply on our site at: http://deathswornverdict.enjin.com/
      Or contact me for further information: Elithia#2451 
      Deathsworn Verdict – Who Are We?

Deathsworn Verdict (Ravencrest) has been an active raiding guild since 2011 and over the years, we have always worked hard to progress through high-end content as a cohesive team. Raiding is only one side of the story for us, though. No day in Deathsworn Verdict goes without jokes and laughter, and we are immensely proud of the unique, inclusive guild atmosphere that we have cultivated.

What Can You Expect From Us?
       A humorous, unique social atmosphere that extends outside of raid times and outside of WoW.  Solid, focused mythic progression.  A range of off-raid activities, such as mythic+ groups and alt runs.
      What Do We Expect From You?
       Full preparation for each raid. This includes knowledge of the fight, correct gems and enchants as well as bringing consumables.  To have the drive to improve and be mature enough to handle constructive criticism.  To be able to communicate in English using a microphone + Discord.  We do not tolerate homophobia, sexism or racism in any form.
    • By Veynom
      <Unrivaled>
      Guild Website: http://www.apunrivaled.com/

Unrivaled is an established friendly raiding guild on the US server Thrall. We were founded December 15th 2008 as a new Wrath of the Lich King guild on the server Aerie Peak. On June 27th, 2015 we decided to make a move to the server Thrall, we made this decision as the server Aerie Peak had dwindled down to us being the only Horde raiding guild left. We are always looking for new faces to help build our roster. We take raiding seriously while maintaining a fun, sometimes (very) R-Rated environment during raids. We are a group of active players willing to always lend a hand. We don't believe in a toxic or drama filled raid environment. If you come here expect constructive criticism without any name calling and very little yelling.

-- RAIDING TIMES --

We currently raid 9 hours a week, we are looking for people who will show up and not waste time. Our raid days are as followed:

Tuesdays 9PM -12AM EST
      Wednesdays 9PM -12AM EST
      Thursdays 9PM -12AM EST

** We also run a completely optional Sunday raid where we take alts or do small amounts of progression at the start of a new tier.

-- RECRUITMENT --
      Currently trying to round out our roster with solid players. We maintain a roster of approximately 25 dedicated raiders and make changes as required on Mythic content. Right now we are mainly focused on recruiting 1 Tank, 3 DPS, and 1 healer for ToS, however any good player interested in Unrivaled should definitely contact us as we are always looking for good players. Having a really strong off-spec you are able to play is extremely beneficial.

-- RECENT PROGRESSION HISTORY --
      10/10 Mythic Nighthold
      3/3 Mythic Trial of Valor
      7/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare
      13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

-- LOOT SYSTEM --
      Currently our loot system is loot council. We take all upgrades into consideration when handing out loot. We base loot on a number of different factors. Attendance, Quality of Upgrade, Current Performance and Guild Rank.

Off-spec gear goes based on priority. Some of our members are needed to change specs occasionally to help the raid. We usually give these members off-spec pieces first after this point it off-spec gear will go to a roll.

Anyone interested please contact us on battle.net Levon#1163