Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need help stating my resto shaman!

3 posts in this topic

I have been looking at some of the statistisk recommended for resto shamans but I am stuck atm.

I was aiming for

Spirit:13000 ( As recommended on most of the posts )
Haste: First soft cap ( 12.5 something % ) about 850 haste.

I use Mr robot for help, and I set the soft cap to first earthliving cap ( as I don't have meta gem yet ) and 13000 spirit static.
I also use crit over mastery as I have over 50% mastery even if I do.

The problem is that mr robot reforges all my spirit to crit, becaus I ask for 13000 spirit, and I am left with about 2600 haste.

Now my question is. Should i remove the spirit static cap, and just keep the spirit and drop some haste? or should I just keep the static cap, and go with 2600 haste?
Is the haste inbetween caps just a total waste? or is it still usefull?
Here is the link, not sure if it works correctly.

Hope everything was understandable!

Thank you!

I think that AMR can't get you any lower on the Haste value, so it's reforging things to get you the best it can in terms of Spirit/Mastery/Crit. That makes sense.

I'd say that keeping yourself at 13k Spirit would be sensible until you get the LMG. However, you're far more likely to get higher healing if you don't sacrifice Intellect. So what I suggest is the following;

Int 1

SP 0.75

Haste (to 871) 0.7

Spi (to 13k) 0.65

Crit 0.45

Mastery 0.35

Haste (above cap) 0.00

This basically gives you slightly more Spirit at the expense of some Int and Crit, but also gets you an Int proc from your profession (instead of a Spirit one). That seems sensible to me.

About Haste above the breakpoints; it's not completely useless. It does increase your HPS, so it's not bad, but it's not exactly mind blowing. You could consider going for the 25% point at ~8k but that would require a lot of reforging and wouldn't gain you much for free.

My advice for future would be;

1. Keep your Mastery fairly low. ~50% works for me.
  2. Put as much into Crit as you can, while maintaining your Spirit level.
  3. Be ready to jump up to 30% Haste and drop about 1-2k Spirit once you get the LMG. With your trinkets, I'd go for about 11.5k and increase it if you need to.
  4. BiS for you will probably be Haste gear and reforged into Crit once you hit the 30% breakpoint with your LMG.

Does that help?