World of Logs ranking issue?

3 posts in this topic

Hey all, this is my first time making a forum post here, but I felt that I needed to ask the community this question...

I was looking at World of Logs records for various SoO bosses, and i saw that some players in the top 10 had about 20 million damage done, whereas others had just off 200 million, when looking further I noticed that:

As is the case with this mage, they performed a powerful burst opener, then wiped on the boss, and when uploaded to WoL it counts the same on the dps counts, thus enabling players to perform powerful openers and deliberately wipe in an attempt to set high records.

Is this true, or am I seeing things?

Thanks for your time :)

I know this is way late, but I ran into a thread about this on another forum.  In case you havent run in to the answer yet; WorldOfLogs is experiencing an increased number of false logs resulting in false rankings since the launch of SoO.  The other common way people are setting records is by editing their combat logs.  You may want to look into using WarcraftLogs going forward.  WarcraftLogs also has more recognition tools in place for wipes, LFR, Flex, Norm, and HM to pick up pulls/kills/ranks.

It is unfortunately very easy to fake logs, accidentally corrupt logs, or achieve unrealistic DPS through other means.

Ranks on that site haven't meant anything the entire tier, and I'd heavily suggest moving to  Their rankings are getting more and more accurate every day, and they offer a much smoother interface.

Edit: Wow, this was old and I didn't even notice.  Bah, humbug.

Edited by Hybrys
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By guythespy
      So far I have a Dr. Boom.  I wanted to know if there is a ranking list in which the most helpful or useful legendary cards are listed.  I have saved up almost enough dust to get another legendary card but I'm not sure which would be the next card to get.
    • By Indubitable
      I don't know where to post the bug report so I'll just land it here.
      The title says it all. As I want to use the tool to find out which quests I haven't complete yet on my character, I get this error message since yesterday. I restarted my computer and all but still have this problem. 
      Could you take a look? cause that tool is realy useful :)
      Thank you,
    • By Gyin
      So, I got no clue what I'm doing wrong with my monk. I've looked up like 10+ guides and videos to see what I'm doing wrong, and they all cover the same basics of what I already know. So I decided to come to you all for help... 
      Character: Gyin Logs:https: // (Cycle to the fights that you want to see)
      Rotation: Jab for chi, Tiger palm, RSK, pop serenity, spam Blackout kick until it wears off, pop TeB, then FoF. Use Blackout kick for excess chi and use RSK and FoF off CD. I'm honestly at a loss for what I'm doing wrong. Tired of seeing myself doing shit dps all the time.
    • By Rhoanbirch
      So I have recently returned to raiding, and am playing a disc priest for the first time. This is the first time I have raided as a healer, but have tanked and dpsd in quite high end guilds in the past. I am rather competitive, and another disc out healing me tonight has prompted me to make this post.
      I don't feel I am doing anything hugely incorrect, but any tips you can give would be very much appreciated.
      The logs I am linking is our normal mode clean up raid, and being so, we had our tank healing in terrible gear at some points, had 2 warriors tanking at others and 2 discs healing the whole way through, not to mention boosting a social from the guild. Needless to say, not a great raid set up. As well as this, I don't actually feel preformed to my usual standard, but that's probably an excuse I am making because I got out healed >.>
      Anyway, without further ado, here are the logs:
      Here is my armoury:
      And here is the other disc:
      Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    • By Akraen
      Didn't get a chance to run Arcane #'s, but I put this post on MMO-C because I'm fed up of people saying you need to be fire because it's "the best."
      Both specs rock, all 3 specs rock. People need to understand how to interpret data and develop a keener eye on the difference between statistics (interpreted) and data (presented).
      Statistics are created from data. The data may be pure, but the statistics are skewed.   If you want to compare the specs, compare the data. Do DPET & regression testing for the three specs.   You can't go by sims, because sims actually put frost ahead. Hell, look at this:   You honestly think that's accurate?   So how about raidbots, let's take a simple fight like Malkorok. I pick Malkorok because there won't be log-range issues, no special tasks, no alternate realms, no advantage to any spec, as any of the 3 specs can do the mechanics with minimal sacrifice to rotational function.   Arcane: a well timed Arc. Barr. would cleave onto adds nicely, could inflate #'s slightly with multidot Fire: a well timed Combustion could inflate #'s slightly Frost: a well timed Frozen Orb & icicle cleave could inflate #'s slightly   Pretty even advantages so let's begin some analysis:   Going to get the top 5 parses from US/EU and strike out the outliers. Why top 5? Well, I think your goal here is to know what's "best" right?   Frost: 1 Мишарики DPSe: 441519 Time: 04:53 Drjayfisto DPSe: 429776 Time: 4:47 - Received Tricks 2 Natubob DPSe: 423190 Time: 4:30 3 Adamas DPSe: 414621 Time: 4:40 4 Pete DPSe: 414621 Time: 5:02 Feylaa DPSe: 411877 Time: 5:28 - Received Tricks 5 Xiaozhii DPSe: 411531 Time: 4:49   Fire: Jamiex DPSe: 558779 Time: 0:52 - Bogus parse Runlikêhell DPSe: 480081 Time: 4:19 - Received Tricks 1 Karqon DPSe: 448802 Time: 4:32 2 Milks DPSe: 447131 Time: 4:23 3 Orby DPSe: 446829 Time: 4:11 4 Sfougz DPSe: 439730 Time: 4:24 Paybax DPSe: 430785 Time: 5:08 - Received Tricks 5 Dewgong DPSe: 429128 Time: 4:53   Fire mages are in better guilds statistically and appear to have better kill times. So let's calculate how much DPS(e) per second they did. So let's find the average Malkorok kill time for all the 10 frost and fire mages, and normalize each fight to that duration and see how it impacts DPSe.  
      Duration / AvgDuration = Norm.DPS / DPSe
        So the new rank list becomes: If each of them had a fight length of 4 minutes 37 seconds   Frost: 1. Мишарики 467022 2. Pete 452042 3. Xiaozhii 429359 4. Adamas 419112 5. Natubob 412496   Average DPS of top 5 frost mages: 436006   Fire: 1. Dewgong 453915 2. Karqon 440701 3. Milks 424532 4. Sfougz 419093 5. Orby 404888   Average DPS of top 5 fire mages: 428626   But if you look at raidbots, this is what you see:   Which is bad, because this is a much more accurate way of looking at it. And oh! Look! They're really close to each other and alternate Frost/Fire/Frost/Fire/etc   As I said before, old mindsets die hard.