FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CameronHuson

World of Logs ranking issue?

Hey all, this is my first time making a forum post here, but I felt that I needed to ask the community this question...

I was looking at World of Logs records for various SoO bosses, and i saw that some players in the top 10 had about 20 million damage done, whereas others had just off 200 million, when looking further I noticed that:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/33lpytge97jjxgz2/sum/damageDone/?s=2255&e=2288#Gus

As is the case with this mage, they performed a powerful burst opener, then wiped on the boss, and when uploaded to WoL it counts the same on the dps counts, thus enabling players to perform powerful openers and deliberately wipe in an attempt to set high records.

Is this true, or am I seeing things?

Thanks for your time :)

I know this is way late, but I ran into a thread about this on another forum.  In case you havent run in to the answer yet; WorldOfLogs is experiencing an increased number of false logs resulting in false rankings since the launch of SoO.  The other common way people are setting records is by editing their combat logs.  You may want to look into using WarcraftLogs going forward.  WarcraftLogs also has more recognition tools in place for wipes, LFR, Flex, Norm, and HM to pick up pulls/kills/ranks.

It is unfortunately very easy to fake logs, accidentally corrupt logs, or achieve unrealistic DPS through other means.

Ranks on that site haven't meant anything the entire tier, and I'd heavily suggest moving to warcraftlogs.com  Their rankings are getting more and more accurate every day, and they offer a much smoother interface.

Edit: Wow, this was old and I didn't even notice.  Bah, humbug.

Edited by Hybrys
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By okram
      Coming back after a very very long time. Was wondering where I can see which classes are currently performing best in terms of dps in raids/ mythic +
       I have an Outlaw, Survival, Havoc, and Frost DK - I really like all equally honestly and I would like to be taken on raids and perform well with a class that can be able to put those numbers to help with progression. 

TLDR; where can I find reliable and accurate/ up to date DPS ranking and charts?
    • By Stenbock
      Hello everyone!
      I was just curious at how people rank tanks currently and the statistics behind it.
      Why am I asking this? Well I'm considering switching tank class. 
      (Went from blood dk to prot pala)
      Dont get me wrong the prot paladin is great but the playstyle just doesn't suit me that well. Also the damage output is miserable or at least mine is. 
      I have the possibility to pick up any tanking class available but again curious at what the general consensus is. 
      From what I've heard and seen this is how I'd rank them.
      Bear>Warr>Pala>DK>DH=Monk 
      Sidenote: apparently the brewmaster is capable of insane things if you're in that 1% of players who have mastered the class.
      I'm the type of guy who tries to make it as easy as possible for the guild to progress and we will soon hopefully start clearing EN mythic (a bit late but hey that's life)
      So if I would switch what should I switch too? 

Any help is appreciated ! :)
    • By guythespy
      So far I have a Dr. Boom.  I wanted to know if there is a ranking list in which the most helpful or useful legendary cards are listed.  I have saved up almost enough dust to get another legendary card but I'm not sure which would be the next card to get.
    • By Indubitable
      Hi!

I don't know where to post the bug report so I'll just land it here.

The title says it all. As I want to use the tool to find out which quests I haven't complete yet on my character, I get this error message since yesterday. I restarted my computer and all but still have this problem. 

Could you take a look? cause that tool is realy useful :)
      Thank you,

Indubitable
    • By Gyin
      So, I got no clue what I'm doing wrong with my monk. I've looked up like 10+ guides and videos to see what I'm doing wrong, and they all cover the same basics of what I already know. So I decided to come to you all for help... 
      Character: Gyin Logs:https: //www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tQHqXJ8dyDg1MpK3/# (Cycle to the fights that you want to see)
      Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Uldum/Gyin/simple
      Rotation: Jab for chi, Tiger palm, RSK, pop serenity, spam Blackout kick until it wears off, pop TeB, then FoF. Use Blackout kick for excess chi and use RSK and FoF off CD. I'm honestly at a loss for what I'm doing wrong. Tired of seeing myself doing shit dps all the time.