Stenbock

Tank rankings - opinions & thoughts

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I was just curious at how people rank tanks currently and the statistics behind it.

Why am I asking this? Well I'm considering switching tank class. 

(Went from blood dk to prot pala)

Dont get me wrong the prot paladin is great but the playstyle just doesn't suit me that well. Also the damage output is miserable or at least mine is. 

I have the possibility to pick up any tanking class available but again curious at what the general consensus is. 

From what I've heard and seen this is how I'd rank them.

Bear>Warr>Pala>DK>DH=Monk 

Sidenote: apparently the brewmaster is capable of insane things if you're in that 1% of players who have mastered the class.

I'm the type of guy who tries to make it as easy as possible for the guild to progress and we will soon hopefully start clearing EN mythic (a bit late but hey that's life)

So if I would switch what should I switch too? 

Any help is appreciated ! :)

Well, for me the Druid has been the best tank since I've been playing. 
Went to bear in TBC - Has been awesome ever since.

Currently happens to be flavour of the expansion but tbh, can't go wrong with them as a class.
Instant cast travel/flight form...  Tauren gives quicker herbing (herbing in flight form = godly) and an extra stam flask/stun.
Stealth, can heal / ranged / melee...

1 person likes this

How much of a challenge do you want to set yourself?

The snag with bear tanking is looking at a bear's ass for the next few months of your life. Its not great.

Bear>>Pala=DK>Warr>DH>Monk 

There you , thats my view on them. 

Bear is rock solid and once you master it you can fall asleep and be ok. It can be pretty boring and while your currently OP, I reckon that will change with 7.1.5. 

Pally = DK, both do different things well. Depending on what content your after each has its strengths and weaknesses.  Pallys can do great dps but that means that their survivabillity suffers.  If the content is on farm then go for more dps, go for less for progression

Warrior is solid but boring, according to some. It got some nerfs which might have pushed it down the scales a bit, again depends on you and your playstyle.

DH is due a buff and the PTR notes show it getting a major buff. I dont think that Blizz wanted its new hero class to be so weak so its going to get a massive boost to make it competitive again. Not sure if you want to wait that long.

Brewmaster is very very good, if you know how to play it correctly. If you dont, just step away and dont look back. Again this is due for some more buffs and a more simplified play-style is on the cards but if you can master it, it can do amazing things. 

My advice, coming from a BDK , go back to the BDK , dont overlook insane self healing and a CR, always a good thing. We have nicer behinds too than the bears which is always good. 

:)

(Play what you want to a high level and they will all be good, play them bad and well you get the idea)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrightwingMain
      Just throwing this shower thought out there because why not.
      Would it be possible with reasonable amount of resources and time that you have available, to create couple of generic general gameplay/map guides for Heroes of the Storm? There are already a couple for other games, although mostly pretty old ones. Things like general guidelines for tanking, healing and stutter stepping as well as map guides of what heroes are which priority and how the maps play out? You already have some maps covered at the "map specific advice", but as the "new hero guide format" cuts the map specific advice part off, would adding such thing be possible. Not that I would be desperately in need of one, but if I had to guess, a lot of people would be glad to get them available.
    • By Ethankey
      Welcome all, my name is Ethankey, I am the GM of The Speakeasy Tavern. We are an Alliance semi-hardcore raiding guild on Darkspear. Some of you might know me from speed runs and pugs I run regularly. We are looking for a few key roles to round out our roster in the weeks leading up to ToS. If you haven’t locked in a permanent spot on anyone’s raid roster we would love to talk to you and see if you are what we’re looking for. We are an extremely laid back group and we always have fun together. We are mainly an adult guild but are not biased as long as the maturity level is kept.
      Current Raid Schedule: Progression raiding Fri-Sat 9pm EST. – 1am (7pm st-11pm st) and optional Sunday run at same time if needed. We also do alt/ap runs on Tues. 10 pm Est. (8pm st) along with M+ all week.

Requirements:
      • Attendance, all raiders are expected to show up for raid nights and be there 15 minutes prior for invite.
      • 890+ ilvl for Heroic nh
      • 900+ ilvl for mythic nh
      • General knowledge of the current fight.
      • Working headset and mic.
      • All required ad ons installed. DBM, RcLoot council, gtfo, healers have to die.
      Recruiting: as of 4/25/17
      Tanks, Warlock, Boomkin,
      Melee Dps ,Healers
      Any strong Dps should also apply.

What to expect:
      We provide a fun raiding environment with minimal stress. We down bosses at a consistent rate. Expect to laugh and be laughed at when mistakes are made. Wow is still a video game and we want to have fun. Also expect to be serious when the time is called for since we still want to be productive and make the most of our time. We expect our raider to periodically contribute to the guild bank, since we make cauldron and feasts for most raids. We will do whats best for the raid with no favoritism.
      What we expect:
      • We expect our raider’s to periodically contribute to the guild bank, since we make cauldrons and feasts for most raids. You come out way cheaper than providing for yourself.
      • If you can’t make raid times, you to give an officer an advanced notice. In game mail is acceptable. This allows us to provide a more consistent raid.
      Contact us to set up an interview:
      Ethankey#1498, Sasie#1804, Tazman#1600, Maxpayne#1368
    • By okram
      Coming back after a very very long time. Was wondering where I can see which classes are currently performing best in terms of dps in raids/ mythic +
       I have an Outlaw, Survival, Havoc, and Frost DK - I really like all equally honestly and I would like to be taken on raids and perform well with a class that can be able to put those numbers to help with progression. 

TLDR; where can I find reliable and accurate/ up to date DPS ranking and charts?
    • By Sinnox
      THIS POST IS TO UPDATE MCKYNZIE'S PREVIOUS POST WITH THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION THIS GUILD HAS TO OFFER.
      Progression  9/10N (5/10H) Lead
      Faction: Horde (Lok'tar Ogar!)
      Schedule: Raiding Mondays/Thursdays 10:30pm EST to 12:30am EST (Switching to Tuesdays/Thursdays 9:30pm - 12:30 am Febuary 28th!)
      Classes/Specs Needed:  4 DPS (Melee preferred but still apply)
      If you have parses of fights from raid bosses please link them in your whispers to myself or any of my officers! You will have priority if you can provide proof of your talent
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      Affliction/Destruction/Demonology Warlock (High Need)
      Windwalker Monk
      Enhancement/Elemental Shaman
      Shadow Priest (High Need)
      Havoc Demon Hunter
      Assassination/Outlaw/Subtlety Rogue
      Unholy/Frost/Blood Death Knight
      Retribution Paladin (High Need)
      Links:  WoW Site - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/area-52/The_Excursion/
      About us!: Slipstream (Formerly <The Excursion> ) is a guild on Area 52 (Horde) US. We are currently 7/7H EN and 2/3N ToV as-well as 9/10N and we are looking to further progress. We are currently looking for any exceptional players to be part of our guild! Our goal is to build a strong and active guild roster and advance through raids to the point of having heroic on farm and possibly moving forward to Mythic IF there's enough interest.  Active in M+ keys and assigned days that everyone can pool their keystones together and farm out some keys
      About our Raid Team: Although it looks like we barely have any core, that's not the case. We've recently just broke off a merge with another guild on this realm and aiming to strike out on our own. What we lack in bodies, we are strong in knowledge, dps, heals and great attitude for raiding. We're always aiming to strive forward and make a name for ourselves. 
      As the raid leader I hold a standard of everyone always coming prepared with flasks/buff food and some knowledge of fights but i'm always up for giving people a chance to nail it whenever they try. So please. If you're interested in giving us a shot. Do not hesitate to give us a shout!
      What next?: Give us a try! Contact one of the structure!
      Guild Leader:  Sinnox#11193 ( Raer or Sinnox) 
      Officers: Astral#1235 (Apokhaleesi)
    • By Huilen
      The Shroud is searching for fresh blood to our ranks, we raid two days a week from 19:30 to 22:00, we are missing out on healers and ranged dps. We are casual and friendly. Very active to do M+ and other stuff. Currently progress: EN 7/7HC ToV 2/3 HC NH 5/10 Norm.

You are welcome to contact us ingame for a chat, you can /w either: Dhozer, Flycksenpei, Thamysticdh , Samexi, Houdini Maelae or Huilen

We search for ppl with all traits open on their artifact weps, plus Ilvl 870+ and if possible a viable off spec for either, healing, dps or tanking.
      Server transfer maybe required for you to join us

We look forward to talk with you and see you in game 

Best regards
      The Shroud