FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Mists of Pandaria Raid Buffs and Debuffs

With Mists of Pandaria, raid buffs and debuffs have been much simplified. Here is the list we built by going through the abilities of each class, on the beta. For each buff, we indicate which classes/specs provide it.

Buffs

Debuffs

• Like 4

5% spell haste not able to be obtained via Resto Shamans and a totem?! Please don't make me replace someone for my much needed haste...

5% spell haste not able to be obtained via Resto Shamans and a totem?! Please don't make me replace someone for my much needed haste...

Totems no longer provide raid buffs. You can read up on this on any of our Shaman previews.

This is atrocious for 10 man raiding. Only Balance Druids, Elemental Shamans, and Shadow Priests provide spell haste?! My Druid and Shaman are Resto and we don't need a Shadow Priest...until now. They need to add Spell Haste to a Warlock pet or give it back to Resto Shamans.

My comp is extremely varied, and we cover everything at the moment, but when 5.0.4 goes live, we will be crippled, even more so at level 90 after our stats are hit by higher stat weights.

Blood DK

Prot Paladin

Resto Druid

Resto Shaman

Holy Paladin

Demonology Warlock

Arcane Mage

Survival Hunter

Combat Rogue

Arms Warrior

With that raid comp which almost includes one of every class and has a perfect separation on tokens (3 Conq, 3 Prot, 4 Vanq), we're going to be missing 5% Spell Haste. That will darn near break us in early progression when max Haste thresholds will be like 10-15% due to being in almost all dungeon blues. If I look at the spread of buffs, it looks like the following could add spell haste...

Holy Paladin - currently only provides 1 raid buff

Warlocks - could be tied into a specific pet for a small personal DPS loss

Hunters - they have pets for everything...why not spell haste?

Resto Druid - only one raid buff, could be tied into their Resto spec somehow

Resto Shaman - darn near no buffs...give them back Spell Haste

How did they go from letting Shamans be buff batteries, almost essential to any 10 man to being basically crap for buffs?

This used to be a lot worse back in the days when you needed 4 paladins to get every paladin buff.

Personally I don't like the current system, it makes classes less unique because every buff can be obtained through so many different classes. You theoretically get all the buffs and debuffs with only 5 or 6 people. In wrath for example you needed a lot more. That's one of the things that made 25 man groups special.

As you say I also don't like shamans losing all their buffs, but Blizzard wanted to get rid of the totems. They thought it was too much of a hassle and decided that totems would be great for cooldowns, making them more special and unique in the process.

This used to be a lot worse back in the days when you needed 4 paladins to get every paladin buff.

Personally I don't like the current system, it makes classes less unique because every buff can be obtained through so many different classes. You theoretically get all the buffs and debuffs with only 5 or 6 people. In wrath for example you needed a lot more. That's one of the things that made 25 man groups special.

As you say I also don't like shamans losing all their buffs, but Blizzard wanted to get rid of the totems. They thought it was too much of a hassle and decided that totems would be great for cooldowns, making them more special and unique in the process.

I understand it was bad back then, but they're supposed to be progressive and make things better. I wholeheartedly disagree with you on being able to obtain every buff with 5 to 6 players. Sure, I can have either my Shaman or Druid healer go DPS for 5% spell haste, but who do I replace them with? Do I replace the Rogue? Blizzard tires me with their 'bring the player, not the class' argument when they follow it up with this garbage making a 10 man group not play what they want to play in order to ensure the best possible performance in a raid setting.

It is possible that a Hunter pet provides the +5% spell haste buff. I only went through the spells that Wowhead lists under Hunter Pets and since it's beta, they might have missed a few abilities.

It is possible that a Hunter pet provides the +5% spell haste buff. I only went through the spells that Wowhead lists under Hunter Pets and since it's beta, they might have missed a few abilities.

As of now, it's the only buff not available to a Hunter pet. I wouldn't imagine they magically added it for Mists.

As of now, it's the only buff not available to a Hunter pet. I wouldn't imagine they magically added it for Mists.

Unless I messed up, there's +10% Spell Power as well ;)

spell_shaman_elementaloath.jpgAncestral Swiftness can be picked up by any Shaman at level 60 (as I've seen it on the new Talent Calc)

it provides 5% spell haste passive but not sure if its a raid buff, I think its not.

Any shaman spec can pick that up , unless I've understood it in a wrong way ?

thanks

Edited by Amajed

spell_shaman_elementaloath.jpgAncestral Swiftness can be picked up by any Shaman at level 60 (as I've seen it on the new Talent Calc)

it provides 5% spell haste passive but not sure if its a raid buff, I think its not.

Any shaman spec can pick that up , unless I've understood it in a wrong way ?

thanks

Unfortunately, it's only a self-buff.

Yeah trust me, I looked it up. Only the hybrid healer/DPS classes can throw out spell haste. I'm bitter, but what can ya do?

Now hunters can bring both +10% Spell Power && +5% Crit with single exotic ability Still Water of Water Strider.

Thanks, it's been fixed :)

in 5.2 Blood Pact is removed and Dark Intent now grants Stamina and Spell power.

Let's hope I don't forget to update that :P

Looks like he got it!

P.S. I definitely didn't ninja fix it for him.

• Like 1

You did!

Looks like he got it!

I'll go flagellate myself with branches to apologize for my grave error!

But I was serious! I didn't ninja fix it for you! You must have done it in your sleep. Instead of punishing yourself, go reward yourself for being a kickass sleep-worker.

I'll go flagellate myself with branches to apologize for my grave error!

Well... is the best time of year to flagellate for some religions...

Thanks for the update and for the whole list, very useful.

• Like 1

Looks like he got it!

I forgot about this. Couldn't use my new found powers. lol