FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rynedelewis

Dark Apotheosis

Having some trouble adding Dark Apotheosis into SimulationCraft. If anyone know's how to make it work please help. I've tried about every way I can think of, and I've put in an "issue" through SimCraft issue board.

Player Warlock_Demonology_T16H unable to create action: dark_apotheosis

that is what it gives me. Any tips would be helpful. :)

No idea sorry, I hate SimC and rarely use it. Gaddha should be around sooner or later and can likely give you a good answer.

Just wondering though, why are you adding it?

• Like 1

Well technically I shouldn't have to add it. I guess its just not built in "yet". IDK. I am working on a profile for Dark Apotheosis tanking method. And stat weights. Adding "vengence" for certain things. and will be submit all work to blizz for another go around at warlock tanking. Since it's not been completely shut out. I've been working on it for awhile. Just need something to go off of while being in that form gain vengence. But it is funny to see all out pure DPS with 150k extra spell power. lol. With BiS gear at 150k spell power. Demo is doing the best damage lol. Crazy

Edit: Nice response time.:)

Edited by Rynedelewis

Thanks. Sorry to hear that. May I ask why you are opposed to it? Civil conversation.

Personally:

1. I'm sick of hearing about something that was used back when fights had comp requirements, but was "added by a glyph."

2. It's unfair to other dps classes that we, with a glyph, should ever become a viable raid tank with no spec or gear specific requirements placed upon us.

3. The warlock kit is, in many ways, poorly equipped to ACTUALLY tank, and would need lots of mess added to it imo.

4. I like demo as a dps spec. Because of the unfairness of the idea that this makes us a viable raid/dungeon tank, I would expect blizzard to make demo the new tank warlock spec, which is unfair in lots of ways to the integrity of the class. We are a high damage dps class, with a good amount of utility behind us. There is really no need to add in a new tanking mechanic, and screw up what is, at heart a balanced class concept. (And by that I mean we've seen all specs play well in MoP. All work great for different things, and while destro is overpowering early on, and that should be addressed, they even out later on, giving us the choice of which spec to play in what scenario.

Tl;Dr: We're happy where we are. Please don't break it.

Thanks. Sorry to hear that. May I ask why you are opposed to it? Civil conversation.

Bad for the game overall.

One of the big reasons there was no new race or class with WoD was that the game is in a very good place as it is and adding a new class would have been forced rather then useful.

Right now we have DPS classes and hybrid classes. Almost all of the hybrid classes can do their jobs very well, druid is viable in all four specs, shaman in all three, pally in all three, etc. There is hybrid class that fails to do their job, the closest to this is Shadow Priest being under powered and poorly kitted for SoO fights, but even they are seen commonly at top levels.

Pure DPS should be PURE. No bullshit, no wiggling, no room for change. A DPSs job is to DPS. I agree that demo tanking would be "cool" my main before warlock was prot pally, I love tanking. Being able to demo tank would be crazy fun, but I would never ask Blizz to do it or in any way support it.

There is nothing that the game is lacking in terms of comp build or play styles, adding a new role to a very old class would first and foremost be simply unfair to the other classes. Warlocks get something amazing and totally new but no one else does? Well then mages have to get healer specs, hunters have to get tank specs, and rogues will need to have a all new role call "Bard" AKA Buff Bitch. Giving warlocks the ability to tank is a very slippy slope.

Total redesign to a class that has already been redesigned way to many times. Warlocks, even with Dark Apoc, lack many of the tools that is needed for REAL tanking (I don't mean LFRs, I mean world race progression heroic). 

I don't trust Blizzard. Look at Monks and DKs. Blizzard isn't really that good at "new". It takes them a lot of passes and a lot of renewing to make something really work well. Trying to turn a class that has been always only one thing and then make it in to two things seems a little out of their reach. Granted, if they worked closely with class leaders like Zag, Sparkuggz, Everali, and got input from some world class tanks like Slootbag, Avalon, Trekky, *name of paragons bear tank whos name I can never remember*, etc. then they might be able to do a demo tank very well.

But in a world were after 4 months of beta testing UVLS and the class leaders of four DPS classes begging blizz to not allow it to go live, Blizz not only lets it go live but then calls warlocks "exploiting" for doing what we told Blizz was going to happen using the mechanics that they had given us, do you REALLY think they will get Demo tank right?

Also, lore. Dafaq lore do you give for demo tanking? That's just...weird. As much as WoW has grown over the past 10 years, it is still a MMO-RPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) the frame work of WoW needs lore, not just from an aesthetic reason, but marketing, production, game design, etc. It might be the nerdyest of the nerd level, but lore is important.

• Like 2

I would hate hate hate for warlocks to become tanks at the expense of Demonology DPS. That is my all time favorite spec!

I am messing with somethings inside of Simcraft and getting some information that would be helpful. But I am at a standstill with it.

I think the glyph is a neat concept, and it's fun for soloing old content, or questing,  but as epic as it would be to go demo dark apotheosis and say "I got this, I'll tank", it just doesn't work out well. Now, I have "tanked" a fight or two in Normal, when the tank died and the other tank couldn't take the aggro due to mechanics (Siegecrafter add). I happened to have the glyph on, so I popped it, taunted the target, popped my defensives, and prayed I wouldn't die before the tank was battle rezzed. It felt cool to do it, but it's just not what we warlocks do. We blow stuff up, not stand and take it in the face.

I think the glyph is a neat concept, and it's fun for soloing old content, or questing,  but as epic as it would be to go demo dark apotheosis and say "I got this, I'll tank", it just doesn't work out well. Now, I have "tanked" a fight or two in Normal, when the tank died and the other tank couldn't take the aggro due to mechanics (Siegecrafter add). I happened to have the glyph on, so I popped it, taunted the target, popped my defensives, and prayed I wouldn't die before the tank was battle rezzed. It felt cool to do it, but it's just not what we warlocks do. We blow stuff up, not stand and take it in the face.

You taunted Blackfuse huh.....no you didn't. 

I don't get why the glyph is needed to solo anything.  Why wouldn't you solo as Destruction?  Ember Tap was created to solo things.  Destruction has plenty of holding power with GoSup and your powered up blueberry.

Even if you wanted to solo as Demonology, why would YOU ever be taking damage?  What's your pet doing? 

• Like 2

Seems to me to fall into every pitfall locky, me, and zag mentioned above.... :/ can't see this being implemented equitably.

Are you here to learn about warlocks, I am pleased to bring you a new spec, outside of demonology, affliction, and destruction. Its not one that heals, or another one that does damage, its a new tank spec. The all new and improving everyday, the Banisher Warlock. If this has spiked your interest, please see this thread. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12329672901?page=1

Dont forget to LIKE and COMMENT!!!!

Updated!! yay!!!

A few problems:

I'm with Locky especially on the lore aspect - there is absolutely nothing anywhere to support this. Warlocks already go off on their own frequently in the lore. Do you know what they do? They infuse themselves with fel energy, turn themselves into demons, summon extra powerful demons via crazy rituals, invent the level 75 grimoire talents, and (of course) do as all older NPCs do: become quest givers.

DM? I've never seen Demonic Fury abbreviated as anything other than DF; this confused me at first.

Your information on the WoD talent, Chaotic Resources, is inconsistent with the latest (read: about a month old) version of the talent.

If this were implemented as you've written it, it still wouldn't solve the problems the glyph already has.

Reduced chance to be crit is one key issue with the way the glyph works now, but we still wear cloth. We need an absurdly high armor buff in addition to the damage reduction. 

What's the point of having a demon in a tank spec unless it's going to in some way make you a better tank? Your idea of the Pit Lord doesn't accomplish this. Also, we have 10 demons as is. No need for more.

Demand for this in the warlock community as a whole is low, and the demand for a new tank class in the tanking community is 0. We have five tank classes already, and each has its own niche:

Druids provide high DPS with incredible ability to handle physical damage and damage through melee attacks.

Paladins provide insane AoE threat and a very smooth damage intake and strong, ongoing self-healing.

Warriors provide have fantastic raid utility in addition to the ability to pick up any size swarm of adds at once, largely smooth damage intake, and amazing mitigation.

Monks provide the best ability in the game to handle magic damage or any damage when they are not being fully attacked and unparalleled ability to pick up adds from ranged over any length of time.

Death Knights provide the most number of personal CDs between self-healing and damage reduction, strong self-healing and amazing absorption.

Tell me, where in there can you find another niche? What could a warlock tank do that no other tank already does well?

• Like 1

Sparkuggz tanked challenge modes for gold and I couldn't do it as prot pally lol. I'm sure his surround cast is pretty elite also though

Edited by Cedrin

You have to understand that Spark is in a league of his own.  He's also very bored with the tier and is just finding cool things to do with Warlocks.  Protection Paladins aren't exactly the best option for Challenge Modes, but they can easily be done with persistence.