FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sobe46

May I get some Demonology damage help ,please?

Hello there all,

I have been made aware by my guild leader that he has a concerned about my lack of high Damage on my Demonology Warlock.

Would someone please look him over for gear & potential enchantment,gems Etc.

He even refused to allow me in a guild raid lately since my dmg wasn't enough, so I went with someone else's guild instead, :)

I subsequently much higher iLvL  2 relics, one trinket & a end Antoran Raid Aggramar / Argus ring legendary ring  too...

Anyways I've had this same Warlock since about 2007 I got into wow just a bit before the Burning Crusades expansion came out, so yea I'm very attached to this Warlock of mine.

I have recently re-did his crit enchants everywhere , gems & talents too, but he still doesn't seem to have gone up in dmg much though, oddly.

Here is My warlock's wow armory page,OK?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/fizzcrank/buudy

If anyone would like me to run a raid,etc logging addon.

I'd be happy to,  all I ask is to let me know what it is, where to get it, etc,please?

Thank you:)

Your fellow wow dungeon & raiding player,

Sobe46

Hey Sobe

Yes, you really need to get some logs if you want more help as you don't have any at the moment. 

Follow this https://www.warcraftlogs.com/help/start/ and also Google how to turn on advanced combat logging before you go raiding.  

Gear wise you are severely lacking in haste for your gear level which will be holding you back quite a bit. Why did you enchant crit? Demo is crazy for haste. 

Your talent set up, at least on the armoury, is also wrong. 

Have a read through of the demo section on http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home and after also take a look at the video called "Memebuild" SI/PT/SC on the home page.  Then start hitting that dummy :) 

Hello again,

In response to your question as to why I did the crit enchanting/gems installation.

I did the crit enchanting /gems to raise my potential dmg rating per spell casting .....

I figured that might make me do more dmg,  if my critical hit rating was higher I'd critically hit far more often than I already did, b4.

Thus If I crit more than my damage would go up a lot...

Your fellow warlock player,

Sobe46

11 hours ago, sobe46 said:

Hello again,

In response to your question as to why I did the crit enchanting/gems installation.

I did the crit enchanting /gems to raise my potential dmg rating per spell casting .....

I figured that might make me do more dmg,  if my critical hit rating was higher I'd critically hit far more often than I already did, b4.

Your fellow warlock player,

Sobe46

Well you are not wrong in how crit effects the rotation but it is not that simple. Most specs in WoW get more benefit from one stat or a certain balance of stats and for Demo it is haste, haste and more haste (followed by mastery usually). Haste=more DoT ticks and faster casts=more pets and pets that cast/hit more often

If you want to succeed you will probably have a much easier time by reading the resources I linked and start practising. 

You could also join the Warlock Discord but without logs they cannot help you much further yet. 

Hello again there Spikeysquad,

I did a full log of last nights raiding in antorus & also a few invasions in Argus as well as the Seat of Triumph too.

I just uploaded it using the Warcraft logs uploader,  here is the link,ok?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wbVT9C1WGAxdymjz/

Your friendly fellow wow player,

Sobe46

4 hours ago, sobe46 said:

I did a full log of last nights raiding in antorus & also a few invasions in Argus as well as the Seat of Triumph too.

Sobe46

I will try to take a look tomorrow. If you do happen to log again before I reply please search on how to turn on advanced combat logging. I am missing a lot of important info at the moment but you do have some logs from 3 days ago as well I can look at. 

15 hours ago, sobe46 said:

Sobe46

Hey Sobe,

Like I already pointed out your talents are not ideal. You are probably already losing somewhere in the region of 5+% (well that's with perfect play) on Patchwerk and a lot more on the more mobile fights. 

What leggos did you use?

I will read your logs though by assuming you used DC, IDS, HoD, GoServ and DB are going to stick with these as the optimal ones shake up your rotation quite a bit. 

Garothi: At least 10 missed Call Dreadstalkers, this is huge and put much higher priority on it. 

Did you use Grimoire of Service? If so then 4 missed casts.

One missed Doomguard.

At least 6 missed casts of TKC (the artifact ability) and same for Felstorm/Wrathstorm.

Up to 6 unnecessary Doom casts. It's fine manually in the opener but you should be able to keep it up with Hand of Doom only if using.

Lifetap you are better using when you move and just generally spreading out rather than ooming and then casting x3. 

You need to use Demonic Empowerment after every summon/combo summon and especially don't forget after Dogs.

I cannot tell without advanced logging but I doubt you had 4 (or more) shards every time you casted Hand of Gul'dan. 

Some casting gaps. 

All in all seems like you don't have much of a grip on the spec. So what is holding you back? Knowledge? Perhaps a poor UI/no Weak Auras etc to remind you of cooldowns?

Demo is not an easy spec for some people (myself included) to pick up from scratch and to excel you will need to put in a lot of effort to turn this around. 

Good Morning SpikeySquad,

I was  wearing the following legionaries during the fights logged "Wakener's Loyalty helm" to empower the artifact weapons burst spell of part of all the demons u have out converted into a single spell shot.  I 'm pretty sure I was also using "Soul Of the Netherlord Ring" , too. 

P.S.:}

Oh & I was also rarely using the engineering  "powered gun charges" to add more dot dmg , but that happened barely ever though.

Your warlock player,

Sobe46

12 hours ago, sobe46 said:

Good Morning SpikeySquad,

I was  wearing the following legionaries during the fights logged "Wakener's Loyalty helm" to empower the artifact weapons burst spell of part of all the demons u have out converted into a single spell shot.  I 'm pretty sure I was also using "Soul Of the Netherlord Ring" , too. 

P.S.:}

Oh & I was also rarely using the engineering  "powered gun charges" to add more dot dmg , but that happened barely ever though.

Your warlock player,

Sobe46

Fair enough. Not difficult leggos but if you don't use TKC you will not get any benefit from the helm. 

On 05/05/2018 at 12:38 AM, sobe46 said:

Just to further what spikey said on stats: there are tools that will show you exactly how much DPS each stat gives you per point.

I have a guide up on using something called RaidBots, which will tell you all about stats and how much damage they will add:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/36193-how-to-use-raidbots-to-sim-yourself/

Read the first two sections on learning how to add your character and finding stat weights. The weights (numbers after calculation) will show much DPS one point of the stat will add. 

This result is not exact, because I can't access your Netherlight Crucible traits, but to give you an idea of your stat priority:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/jhpvNZ1Tdf1nzYSMsyTyuj

Right now, your priority is:

Haste > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Intellect

If you were to gain 1 point of Haste, you would gain 39.36 DPS. For 1 point of Crit, you would gain 24.72 DPS. On an item with 1000 of each stat, you are looking at a difference of 15K damage per second.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 12:21 PM, Blainie said:

I have a guide up on using something called RaidBots, which will tell you all about stats and how much damage they will add:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/36193-how-to-use-raidbots-to-sim-yourself/

I didn't read it all but seems like a really nice job. Raidbots is an awesome site and has made simming far more accessible to the masses.

It's good to learn to sim but if ever in doubt check it with someone as you can sometimes get strange results and/or interpret it wrong if you don't have a proper understanding yet of stats and fight types etc.  The Top Gear section is usually more useful as well for beginners rather than stat weights. At least for locks, 

Edited by spikeysquad

3 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

I didn't read it all but seems like a really nice job. Raidbots is an awesome site and has made simming far more accessible to the masses.

It really is. I absolutely love it and it makes things so much easier for players that are looking for help, rather than trying to work out what they managed to do wrong in the SimC client.

3 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

It's good to learn to sim but if ever in doubt check it with someone as you can sometimes get strange results and/or interpret it wrong if you don't have a proper understanding yet of stats and fight types etc.  The Top Gear section is usually more useful as well for beginners rather than stat weights. At least for locks, 

Oh, for sure - I think top gear vs. weights has a weird pro/con kind of thing going on. There are people that don't care enough to do top gear and just want a vague priority to follow, so they go for weights; on the other hand, there are people that don't mind doing the top gear sims and waiting for them to be done. 

We've had some really strange complaints when suggesting either, so I made sure to add both to the post about RB :p

Hey kind & helpful teachers,

I spoke to an-other demonology player lately & wow I found my talents even-though they seemed like @least 2  of mine were nice & power spells with tons of dmg available, @ a huge dmg cost though.

I went with different ones now & dammmm they r far better.

In the talent tree @ the LvL 60 I now use powertrip & then @ LvL 100 I took on soul conduit.

Now with the simple use of spells I use anyways I got a 85% chance of my soul shards to be returned to me as though I never used them.

Holy HELL its far more fun than constantly trying to generate them which is why I missed so many chances b4 to cast oh so many spells....

That is such a chore playing this  alt w/o the use of those talents. I know I was loosing tons of dmg chances b4.

I am not going by icy-veins on the LvL 75 talent though @ all though.

Since this warlock is my main engineer & he uses engineering to rush out of the way from a engineering  bonus modification on his belt in GTFO encounters, in addition to a  2 minute worth of a glider that literally is attached to his cloak from old engineering skills.

They are in the "tinkering" section of old school WOW engineering called "Goblin glider" & also "Nitro Boots" , thus I do not need the "Burning Rush" talent to GTFO , OK?  Plus the "Demon Skin" talent keeps me alive far easier in raids,etc too.

I have posted screen shots of my relic's crucible choices today too, OK?

For your chance to view them as well.

Once again thank you ever-so much for all of your assistance you 2 :)

I'm in wow now for a bit  today so I'll TTL , OK?

Your friendly WOW player,

Sobe46

WoWScrnShot_050818_083327.jpg

WoWScrnShot_050818_083322.jpg

WoWScrnShot_050818_083313.jpg

Hey Sobe,

Glad you finally changed talents. I would still suggest to switch over to Shadowy Inspiration on the first tier as you gain a lot more instants to move about on. 

Demon Skin is an ok passive if you will never use Rush but demo is one of the tankiest specs out there. We absorb so much damage that Skin is often overkill and you will gain more DPS from moving faster. For just side stepping though you should have more than enough instants to keep you busy (with SI anyhow). 

Not going to look at your relic choices as you have already made them. For the most accurate answer on them you probably should sim them on Raidbots. Blanie has provided a really nice guide.

Good luck! 

18 hours ago, Blainie said:

Oh, for sure - I think top gear vs. weights has a weird pro/con kind of thing going on. There are people that don't care enough to do top gear and just want a vague priority to follow, so they go for weights; on the other hand, there are people that don't mind doing the top gear sims and waiting for them to be done. 

We've had some really strange complaints when suggesting either, so I made sure to add both to the post about RB :p

Yeah that makes sense. Demo is relatively easy gearing however, for Affy at least, unless you are drowning in Crit, it is common for people that every now and again it becomes the top desired stat. So they get a new Crit item or perhaps change out a Crit relic and now it's turned the results upside down. Yet they don't sim again and keep stacking that Crit. To be fair it's not a huge deal as Affy is really unfussy with stats but it has some impact. To be fair the issue is more getting some personal stat weights rather than generalised and then not simming again rather than stat weights as such.

Affy is also slightly more complicated as it favours different stat balances for different fight types which people might not take into account by just simming ST (and MT Affy sims are not perfect either as they do not include on-death effects).  

Anyhow, sorry I went on an unnecessary tangent. The main point being good job! 

• Like 1

Good Morning there Spikey Squad,

I am the last person to worry about anyone else going on a tangent,Lmasof

I am an Adult with High spectrum ADHD, LOL trust me as you may go off on a tangent.

I've probably gone on 2-3 of them to the N'th direction :)

In many directions per any given sight,smell (or) even a sound that reminded me of something else maybe even in mid sentence sometimes I think :) .

Have a great day there where-ever you are & once again thank you so very much for all of your help to you & Blaine as well.

I'll try to check into the sim Later today,OK?

Your happy & (><) learning WoW player,

Sobe46

13 hours ago, sobe46 said:

I'll try to check into the sim Later today,OK?

If you have any problems with it, let us know. It normally is pretty straightforward, but there's the potential for error of misunderstanding. Once you "get" how to do it, we can discuss the do's/do not's about simming yourself and such.