Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amajed172

25% Haste cap - Resto

7 posts in this topic

Hey smile.png

I've read most of the guides here and I loved them so much,

I'm playing Resto shaman and went to 25% haste cap

the problem is when I reorged haste to 5676 (5681 to be exact) I got 24.99% spell haste even tho we had 5% spell haste

this is my character:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Amajed/advanced

image:

haste_gg.jpg

Edited by amajed172

I suspect that the guide rounds the % measurement significantly. Think of it like this; to be the same precision as the rating it gives, the guide would have to quote something like "25.00%" - the rating is the more accurate thing to go by.

That's exactly it.  Most people will quote '25% haste', but what you're aiming for is actually 24.97% AKA 5676 w/ AS/Raid Buff for that second extra Riptide tick.

Edited by Hybrys

I thought it might not be the exact 25% that the guide wanted, but then I read on the same guide, and I quote "25.026%, to be precise", thats why I went here to ask.

but if you think I'm doing OK, then I guess there's nothing to worry about.

thanks for this wonderful guides and answers here too ;)

I thought it might not be the exact 25% that the guide wanted, but then I read on the same guide, and I quote "25.026%, to be precise", thats why I went here to ask.

but if you think I'm doing OK, then I guess there's nothing to worry about.

thanks for this wonderful guides and answers here too wink.png

Which guide was it?

Theory:

Blizzard drops numbers past the hundreds place, but rounds aggressively, from 1 up.  IE: 2.2509 = 2.25.  2.2510 = 2.26.

Application:

Riptide's HoT = 18 seconds.

Base tick speed = 3 seconds

Base tick number = 18 / 3 = 6 ticks

Hasted tick speed = 3 - (3*24.97%) = 2.2509 rounded to 2.25.

Hasted tick number = 18 / 2.25 = 8 ticks

Proof:

IArzppb.jpg

24.98% - 5677 Haste - Shows 1 hit 8 ticks.  Hover over the 100% beside Riptide to show better.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J1yzYtNXTkxbArcn#type=healing&source=1&pins=0%24Main%24%23909049%24healing%240%240.0.0.Any%24101370956.0.0.Shaman%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2461295

0% - 0 Haste - Shows 1 hit 6 ticks.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J1yzYtNXTkxbArcn#type=healing&source=1&pins=0%24Main%24%23909049%24healing%240%240.0.0.Any%24101370956.0.0.Shaman%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2461295&fight=5&start=705905&end=733938

Oh, you're correct there.

Ask Mr Robot has a list of all the breakpoints, and this one it says is 24.97%

I suspect the guide is wrong, I'll raise it with Damien as soon as I get time.