Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ceraius

WoD Predictions?

3 posts in this topic

Ok, this is basically just a desperate attempt to get some more life to the DK section, plus im at work on a Saturday and its a boring-me-to-death kind of a day so I decided to post some thoughts for the community to mutilate.

Basically, given what information is available at the moment, how do you expect DKs to behave in WoD?

I'm mostly brainstorming the secondaries here.

Blood

Given the recent Attunement implementation of Multistrike for Blood, I'd expect our selfheals and by extent our shields to have the Multistrike ability. This would lead me to expect the top survival stats to be Multistrike and Mastery for some killer shields.

I'd assume this would be the way to go at least in the first tiers or in the beginnings of a given tier.

When we start outgearing the content and going for more damage I don't know how it will turn out. Mastery will increase damage and Multistrike will still Multistrike but then theres also the crit and through that, parry. I'd expect this to be determined later when the tuning process starts to go further and we start knowing the value of each stat per point. This ofc affects the first part about survivability too.

TL;DR: I believe our go-to stats would be MS and Mastery.

Frost

Again I'm using the current Attunement info as a basis, which for Frost is Haste. Also I've almost exclusively played 2H, so this will be on that weapon choice.

I think 2H will keep their core gameplay of capitalising on KM procs for Obliterate. I expect to be stacking haste for dem melee swings for more KM.

Seeing how our Mastery doesn't affect our number 1 damage source, and the guaranteed crits from KM, I'd expect the second priority secondary to be Multistrike and hope it procs on a KM'd Obliterate.

From there on in I'm a little clueless again. Do we value crit as highly as we do now (even if it doesnt affect KM'd Obliterates) or would we try to further bolster the hard hitters (those KM'd Obliterates) by having Versatility next in line?

TL;DR: I believe the stat prio would be roughly Haste > MS > Versatility = Crit > Mastery

Brainstorm! I need thoughts to read.

You left out unholy :(

Frankly I think with the change to diseases unholy is going to be the go to spec. With diseases getting boosted, unholy having stronger diseases already, then a lvl 90+ skill improved diseases I think festerblight is going to be a choo choo train of devastation. Even then lets factor in necrotic plague. Necrotic plague + unholy diseases boosts = potential awesomeness. 

I'm calling it now, in WLoD unholy is going to be the go to pve spec :D

I left out unholy cos i have no experience with the spec :(

I hope it doesn't go to a single spec being too much ahead of the rest. I've tried to have unholy as my offspec, but i didn't really ever feel at home with it. As DPS is only my offspec and I do like 2H frost very much, I hope it'll be within the same ballpark dps range with the rest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tauradinn
      Hello, so I started playing DK at the launch of legion, and have enjoyed it so far. I was initially unholy but then changed to frost recently, and am enjoying both specs except for one thing, namely my performance. So there are three frost DK's in my raid and lately the other two are always towards the top of the meter while I'm towards the bottom. There is no large gear difference (I think they both have a couple ilvls on me, but I have the legendary belt), so I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Upon looking at logs I found they both casted significantly more spells than me on all fronts (FS, obliterate, etc.). I also noticed that I need to keep icy talons up more, but can someone tell me why I'm casting so many fewer spells than them (there is no large haste difference, the armory has us all at 30something% haste, even though one of them (Hungerghost) and I only have 20something, and I'm sure the same applies to the other DK), or if there is some other problem, then what is it and how can I fix it? Thanks.
      (will update these links if they're not working (I got an SSL error))
      My armory: https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Crohost/&app=com-wow&opt
      other DK (Hungerghost): https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http://us.battle.net/wow/character/kalecgos/Hungerghost/&app=com-wow&opt
      other DK (Selerot): https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http://us.battle.net/wow/character/shattered-halls/Selerot/&app=com-wow&opt
      My parsings page/all my logs (if you want to look at more): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11054914/latest/
      ToV Normal Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9JVdT8WK2Dn1f4wy
      Mythic EN Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GLJDKZ27b6P1pMvd
      Heroic EN Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wrHQf6Wztx3gcGPa
      Heroic ToV Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mGDLK2PWRN9C1ax8#fight=1 (note, I'm only in the first six pulls (AKA all the wipes) on Odyn)
      Videos from ToV (they correspond with pulls 1 and 2 from the logs):
      Pull 1: 
      Pull 2: 

• By VeeImperium
      Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.  We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
      Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.

Raid Info
      Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic

What to expect from us...
      - Raids that start and end on time.
      - A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
      - Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
      - Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
      - A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
      - An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
      - Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
      - Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
      - We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.

What we expect from you...
      - Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
      - Great verbal communication during raid.
      - Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
      - High to perfect raid attendance.
      - Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
      - Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
      - Be active and contribute to the guild forums.

Currently Recruiting:
      1 Melee DPS
      1 Ranged DPS
      1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
      Exceptional players are always considered.

Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
      Vee#1811
      Mochi#11316
      Roxycodone#1543
      Nyyankees29#1435
      Skratchh#1194

• By strazybm
      So I got into a dungeon (Mana Tombs) with a level 71 Frost DK, and this guy was doing some absurd damage 1 shotting everything in his path.
      Was just wondering if anyone could possibly tell me how this guy was doing so much damage at this level

https://gyazo.com/91f93df94d5a7df4fe78adf6b511b9ec
      https://gyazo.com/152b92b697241071a8c8e862acd2b5a0
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      Procrastination is an ambitious semi-hardcore raiding guild, based on Draenor EU, founded in mid 2015, shortly after the release of Hellfire Citadel, under the name ‘Elite Slackerz’ after a bunch of old raiding buddies decided to transfer servers and start fresh. The guild has been renamed to ‘Procrastination’ in May of 2016.
      Our roster consists of experienced mythic and heroic raiders, some of whom have raided from as early as Wrath, and although we expect silence and focus during pulls, we aim to keep the atmosphere during breaks and outside of raiding relaxed and full of bants and laughter. 
      OUR GOALS
      With Heroic Emerald Nightmare being on farm for months now, we are currently focusing on clearing Trials of Valor  Heroic and forming a mythic raiding team ready to take on the rest of Emerald Nightmare and Trials of Valor. 
      We aim to have a full mythic raiding team ready for Nighthold and storm it upon release. 
      WHAT WE OFFER
      As a guild we offer a serious raiding environment and a relaxed atmosphere full of bants, horrible jokes and laughter during breaks and outside of raiding. We keep our raiding team small and good, under performing members and trials, regardless of their rank and status in the guild, are asked to step aside for a fight, or even the night, so the guild can progress. 
      Additionally, we use a personal loot system so everyone is guaranteed as much loot as RNGesus deems them worthy of. If anyone receives an item they do not need, the raid is asked to roll on it, highest roll wins; Although this is how things are usually done, it is still worth mentioning that the way unneeded personal loot is shared is entirely up to the owner of the loot. 
      The guild leadership, however, strongly encourages that the loot be shared with the raider who would benefit from it the most. 
      Outside of raiding, we are still pushing Mythic+ dungeons on a daily basis, doing occasional alt runs, and we even have a handful of members interested in competitive PvP. 
      If not online, our members can be found on the guild Discord server, often playing other games together.
      WHAT WE ASK OF OUR MEMBERS & TRIALS
      --Attitude--
      As a member of Procrastination you are the representation of the guild, regardless of your position within the guild, therefore you are expected to have a friendly and respectful attitude towards both your guild mates and the people you meet out in the world. Toxicity in any way, shape or form will not be tolerated. 
      Procrastination has its own sense of humor, so future members are expected to have one as well. When it comes to joking around, if you can dish it out, you better be able to take it. 
      --Dedication--
      We are looking for raiders who strive to pull the most out of their class/spec and are constantly looking for new ways to improve themselves, and the guild. All members are expected to be able to not only accept constructive criticism and learn from it but to also not shy away from expressing their opinion or giving constructive criticism to other raiders (including the leadership of the guild). New ideas, suggestions and constructive criticism is always welcome and appreciated, especially during progression runs. 
      --Attendance--
      As we strive to become a Mythic raiding guild, attendance is important. All our raiders and trials are required to attend a minimum of 80% of raid nights - meaning they are not allowed to miss out on more than two raid nights a month if they do not have a good excuse for it and would like to keep their spot on the team.
      Additionally, all raiders and trials are expected to have a stable internet connection and be able to join the Discord server during raid nights. 
      --Communication--
      We are an international guild, and as such, we expect our members to be able to communicate in English both in guild chat and in Discord so that everyone can understand each other. Raiders, of course, are expected to have a working microphone and able to cut out any background noises by switching to push-to-talk if necessary. 
      RAIDING SCHEDULE
      We raid for three hours three nights a week, however during progression raid nights can sometimes be extended by another 30 minutes depending on how we’re doing on a boss. 
      All raid nights are server time and not subject to change.
      Monday 20.30 - 23.30
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.30
      Saturday 20.30-23.30  
      RECRUITMENT STATUS
      Procrastination is currently recruiting 870+ ranged DPS, however exceptional raiders of any other role will always be considered. 
      THE LIFE OF A TRIAL
      A Trial in Procrastination lasts a maximum of 6 raid nights, trials are expected to attend every raid night and treat every raid night as a progression night - meaning they are expected to bring their own food, flasks, pre-pots, pots and come fully enchanted and gemmed. 
      Again, we use a personal loot system, so as a trial you will not be starved of loot, unless you have really bad RNG and there is no loot to be shared around. 
      CONTACT
      If you are interested in joining us, or simply need more information, you’re welcome to contact Procrastination’s guild leader in game (Betteh), via BattleTag (Ririxia#2172), join our Discord server and poke someone from the leadership until you get the answers you seek, or simply apply through our website :)
    • By Stygge
      High Tech,
      A little info about us - We are a semi serious guild that raids three days a week on Draenor. We have been around for quite some time now and we are in need of a few dedicated and experienced healers as well as ranged DPS for our main team. If you feel like you can perform to a high standard while looking to maintain a fun and enjoyable atmosphere then we are the guild for you.
      Our raid days are as follows: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday (while progressing). Our raid times are 19:15 till 23:30 (realm time) and expect to pull by 19:30. We expect all of our members to be outside by 19:10 and be ready to go with food, flasks, pots and runes for the raid.
      We're looking for healers of any class and more interested in Warlocks, Hunters, Elemental Shamans, Balance Druids and Shadow priests for range DPS. If your class isn't here, don't be discouraged. We will always take a good application into consideration.
      If you have any question or wish to apply, please visit http://high-tech.enjin.com/ or contact one of the officers in-game to talk at any time. Giskler (Giskler#2199), Styggedh (Stygge#2648) or Decron (kezrein#2486).