Ceraius

WoD Predictions?

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Ok, this is basically just a desperate attempt to get some more life to the DK section, plus im at work on a Saturday and its a boring-me-to-death kind of a day so I decided to post some thoughts for the community to mutilate.

Basically, given what information is available at the moment, how do you expect DKs to behave in WoD?

I'm mostly brainstorming the secondaries here.

Blood

Given the recent Attunement implementation of Multistrike for Blood, I'd expect our selfheals and by extent our shields to have the Multistrike ability. This would lead me to expect the top survival stats to be Multistrike and Mastery for some killer shields.

I'd assume this would be the way to go at least in the first tiers or in the beginnings of a given tier.

When we start outgearing the content and going for more damage I don't know how it will turn out. Mastery will increase damage and Multistrike will still Multistrike but then theres also the crit and through that, parry. I'd expect this to be determined later when the tuning process starts to go further and we start knowing the value of each stat per point. This ofc affects the first part about survivability too.

TL;DR: I believe our go-to stats would be MS and Mastery.

Frost

Again I'm using the current Attunement info as a basis, which for Frost is Haste. Also I've almost exclusively played 2H, so this will be on that weapon choice.

I think 2H will keep their core gameplay of capitalising on KM procs for Obliterate. I expect to be stacking haste for dem melee swings for more KM.

Seeing how our Mastery doesn't affect our number 1 damage source, and the guaranteed crits from KM, I'd expect the second priority secondary to be Multistrike and hope it procs on a KM'd Obliterate.

From there on in I'm a little clueless again. Do we value crit as highly as we do now (even if it doesnt affect KM'd Obliterates) or would we try to further bolster the hard hitters (those KM'd Obliterates) by having Versatility next in line?

TL;DR: I believe the stat prio would be roughly Haste > MS > Versatility = Crit > Mastery

Brainstorm! I need thoughts to read.

You left out unholy :(

Frankly I think with the change to diseases unholy is going to be the go to spec. With diseases getting boosted, unholy having stronger diseases already, then a lvl 90+ skill improved diseases I think festerblight is going to be a choo choo train of devastation. Even then lets factor in necrotic plague. Necrotic plague + unholy diseases boosts = potential awesomeness. 

I'm calling it now, in WLoD unholy is going to be the go to pve spec :D

I left out unholy cos i have no experience with the spec :(

I hope it doesn't go to a single spec being too much ahead of the rest. I've tried to have unholy as my offspec, but i didn't really ever feel at home with it. As DPS is only my offspec and I do like 2H frost very much, I hope it'll be within the same ballpark dps range with the rest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Imryll
      Outlawed is currently recruiting for current content and looking to increase our raiding team to progress though Antorus. We are based on Dreanor and are a Horde guild.
      Outlawed has been together for over 1 year and consist of a mixture of UK, EU and South Africa players, with English being the main language spoken. We are a friendly group who would make any player feel welcome.  We are Based on Draenor and horde.
      We are currently 9/11HC Antorus and want to increase the raid team numbers.
      Currently we are looking for tank and dps to join our raiding team . Would love a Warlock but players of any spec are welcome to join the raid team. New members would be required to be active during the week for mythic + runs and attending the majority of raids, we understand that real life comes first but require active players to help us progress through content. All applicants must be of ilevel 950 minimum (this is easy achievable with LFR etc) and have experience in raiding HC Antorus, this is especially important for the tank role.  Applicants must be the kind of people who want to put the effort into raiding and wanting to contribute to raid goals the guild has or would like to achieve.
      We raid Thursday, Heroic Antorus and continue any left over content on Sunday. Raid times are 8:00pm server time to 11:00pm server time on each of the days.
      If you are interested please message Imryll in game (on every evening after finishing work) or leave your player name/realm/ilevel/spec here and I will get back to you ASAP.
      Many thanks for taking time to read this and hope to be adding some of you to our team.
      If you want to add me my battlenet is Eknz#2475
    • By Papawoot
      The Bloodborn is currently a Heroic raiding guild that is trying to break into Mythic progression raiding. We have a talented core and are very enthusiastic about raiding, but unfortunately we lack the numbers to attempt Mythic. We are a mostly adult guild ages 25-35 and would prefer like-aged people.

A little history: The Bloodborn is a guild that has been around since The Burning Crusade. We started on the Lethon server and transferred to Illidan at the start of Warlords in an effort to find more players on a high-pop server.

We have earned AoTC during every raid tier this expansion (and before!). We are a close-knit guild who help boost keys weekly, PvP, achievement hunt, and much more.

We are willing to help people gear up for their tier. Voice is optional, but we use Discord and will require you at a minimum to listen.

Guild Needs:
      DPS (Death Knight, Shadow Priest) are in high demand.
      Accepting applications from all specs/classes.

Raiding Times:
      Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday 9:30pm-12:30am(pst) 11:30pm-2:30am(server-time)

Contact Info:
      Battle Tag-Vengente#11907 (Guild Leader)
      Battle Tag-Berd#11168 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Khrispy#1471 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Papawoot#1446 (Veteran Raider)
      Discord Contact-Papawoot#6518
      Discord: https://discord.gg/Qghrpnh
    • By tajni
      <Konfluens>
      Hello! We are a swedish speaking guild that is recruiting swedish speaking players for our mythic progression roster. Nordic people who understands Swedish is fine aswell.
      We have had a break since ToS came out and we are starting up again, we started up in another guild and now we want some more done so we are starting up here again. Thus the progress. If you are hungry for some new content and want to start fresh in a guild here is your chans.
      Our raid times
      Monday, Thursday, Sunday 19:00-22:00 server time. 
      Optional raids: Tuesday (alt raid/HC/Normal clear) and Wednesday (Usally raid off, but might sometimes be an extra raid if a boss is really close to die). 
      Recruiting
      [li]Hunter[/li][li]Healers (Shammy/Priest)[/li][li]Melee with tank OS[/li]But of course we concider all players that feel exeptional and make well written applications. You can also see on our website what we are in need of. 
      A little info about us
      We have raided since Vanilla, we are a stable guild with a hungry progress team. We are currently the best swedish guild on the server and our server rank is around 10-15.
      Our current progression is
      EN - 7/7M 
      ToV - 3/3M
      NH - 10/10M
      ToS - BREAK
      Antorus - 11/11 HC, 5/11M.
      If you want a friendly environment with alot of friendly batter we are definitely the guild for you, so do not hesitate to apply.
      Websites
      Apply @: 
      http://konfluens.shivtr.com
      Wowprogress:
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/draenor/Konfluens
      You can also add and talk to our officers.
      Battletag
      eXo#2453
      Bokaka#2777
      Odengard#2334
    • By Valkas
      Hello all! I figured i'd make this thread to get some up to date information on the AOE rotation for unholy.  Currently i'm 935 ilvl, and I run Incstructor's fourth lesson and Soul. (For lack of a better option.) However it is my understanding that these two legendaries make for the strongest aoe rotation. Is this true?

That is my first question. My second is what is the priority for aoe when running these two. Is it to wait for defile to drop, then festering wound a target a couple times, then Scourge Strike? Or is the priority to just put Wounds on then pop them asap, dropping the defile whenever it's available. Typically I wait for defile before I start building Wounds, but given the soul and the extra talent, i suspect it's better to just aoe without Defile if it's unavailable or perhaps just better to rarely spend runes on defile? Curious as to your thoughts!