Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoatBot

Interactive and Educational Streamer Looking to Create a Supportive Community

1 post in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Over the past few weeks my family has been rocked by the divorce of my parents, who for obvious reasons will go unnamed. At first, I supported the changes that were coming along with my parent's divorce for they both seemed happier and it tossed a substantial amount of added responsibility onto my soldiers, which I actually enjoyed. I think it helped that I spent most of my time away from them while I lived at school but overall I thought things were going ok and that it could have the potential to be even better then before. Then, I came back home...

When I came back home I was smacked with the drama and tension that had grown between my family during my time at school and what a shock it was. My father's side of my family had completely excommunicated anyone who had even an inkling of a relationship with my mother and they all seemed to enjoy pretending like she, her family and her friends didn't exist. I'm the only link that my father's family can use for communication between them and my mother and what a stressful situation that is. Questions, emails, mail, feelings of resentment, threats, etc... Basically, a whole bunch of things I had to communicate and communicate nicely.

Meanwhile, my mother is dying inside. My mother, being soft spoken and very sensitive, took the brunt of the weight of the divorce on her soldiers. She took the blame, and also took the hate. Although she has her friends to comfort her and obviously me and her family, she still beats herself up. For months she was a shell of her former self and it was hard to see her like that. I would only see her when I came to visit from school but even then I knew when she was forcing herself to smile.

See, the divorce wasn't any one person's fault, which is why my mom was in a torn state. She knew the divorce had to happen because she wasn't happy in the position she was in but my Dad had no idea she wasn't happy. So when the idea of a divorce came up he immediately looked to pin it on something. He decided to pin it on my mom's best friend, whom she had been spending more time with and confiding in during the rocky time of her relationship.

My dad accused my mom of cheating and sleeping around, which she did none of, but he wouldn't listen when she tried to tell him the truth and wanted the divorce now more then ever.

Then enter me, I'm everyone's confidant and ally during this hard time. Both my mother and father felt ok confiding in me but made it very clear I couldn't tell the other parent without risking that trust. I knew both of sides of the story, I knew what was going on and the truth and I could have said something to both my parents but I stuck to my word. I basically was forced to watch as my family crumpled while I held the key to keep it together. This killed me inside but I hid it for I don't think my parents could deal with a depressed son while going through this divorce.

A few days after the divorce, my dad already had a girlfriend, seemingly to spite my mother. My mother has her best friend who know has started to slowly move into her house, confirming my Dad's suspicions that she had been cheating (which she had not!).  In reality, the relationship with my mom and her friend was completely independent and had nothing to do with my Dad or the divorce.  

As you can imagine, i've been pretty stressed. So i've turned to you for help. I have always wanted to livestream and to just have people to talk to about these problems that won't pity party me or step in and invade my life. And because I went away to school, I lost a lot of my good friends back at home and have nobody to confide my own feelings in.

I ask you to work your magic for me and help me to develop a community where no child, teenager or adult will have to feel the way that I did during this hard time; lost and without a friend to confide in.

I will be livestreaming almost every night for the rest of the summer and hopefully into the next year when I travel back to school. I will start my steam in between 7:30 - 9:00 PM PST every night and end whenever I get tired. Check my twitter and Facebook for more stream time updates. I will be there for anyone who needs to talk. I will be playing lots of Hearthstone with a major focus on education and viewer interaction. I will be breaking down constructed deck theories, drafting Arenas while explaining card choices, doing giveaways and interacting with viewers whenever possible.

We will make a strong and supportive community together. Thank you.

Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/martin_luther_x

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Goatbot

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Goatbot_Ryan

Email: truegamingparadise@gmail.com

1 person likes this