FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Feral Druid 6.2

Guest Xunn

Many ferals are now using a GUI developed in weak auras that gives you very similar information to Droodfocus.

It can be found here http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5034

*Credit to Pawkets for doing it

Can you make weakauras load only when im in cat form, i dont need it loaded when doing anything else

Yes, you can.  You just have to create the conditional yourself under the trigger section.  Currently, I believe, it is set to load only when you have Feral selected as a specialization.

Guest Obruce

Droodfocus now working in 6.0.3 smile.png

my stat priority crit>haste>agi>mastery (sim 603-3, gear 585.47)

unbuffed crit=58,13%   haste=25,25%  mastery=72,52% agi/ap=1566

sim dps 19610

Guest ARUHN

So the guide says to not use omen of clarity procs on thrash if you take soul of the forest, what is a suitable replacement then?

If taking SotF, you will want to use Shred on OoC procs if not at 5 cps and Ferocious Bite if at 5 cp's.

Guest Biteuforfree

I think this needs an update as none of the T7 Talents listed exist in game now

I think this needs an update as none of the T7 Talents listed exist in game now

I'm not sure why you'd say that. They certainly do exist in the game. Are you sure you're in the right spec?

I'm not sure why you'd say that. They certainly do exist in the game. Are you sure you're in the right spec?

I think he is referring to the chart that contains all the talents and their icons in Section 1.  The wowhead server is giving a "null" response.

Glyph of Savagery is roughly a 5% damage loss.  If you are using Bloodtalons properly, you have enough skill to maintain Savage Roar as well.  Not to mention, Glyph of Savage Roar cuts out that first application. 

Guest Exar

The evaluation of Tier 4 talents in this guide needs to be revisited with the WoD launch. The information is accurate as of Level 90 in 6.0, but the Improved Rake perk drastically affects this tier. Soul of the Forest is no longer the best in every situation--in fact, Incarnation is actually stronger in almost every situation.

Pawkets has a discussion, complete with simulation data, in their guide at FluidDruid here. My own simming backs this up, but I'm a nobody so don't take it from me.

Also, for what its worth (given how they are name dropped at the start of the guide), Stenhaldi is currently using Incarnation as well.

Guest Ryecoke

"With regards to the damage-increasing buffs, it is only Rake that is worth talking about. Whenever the new Rake would be stronger than the existing Rake (for example, you find yourself under the effects of Tiger's Fury), you should refresh it."

Does this mean that a recently applied Rip should never be refreshed to be more powerful? For example, apply rip and a few seconds later you have tiger's fury up and 5 CP's... you should not rip and use FB instead? Thanks.

Why is Moonfire in the feral rotation?

It is only in the rotation if you take the Lunar Inspiration talent.

The evaluation of Tier 4 talents in this guide needs to be revisited with the WoD launch. The information is accurate as of Level 90 in 6.0, but the Improved Rake perk drastically affects this tier. Soul of the Forest is no longer the best in every situation--in fact, Incarnation is actually stronger in almost every situation.

Pawkets has a discussion, complete with simulation data, in their guide at FluidDruid here. My own simming backs this up, but I'm a nobody so don't take it from me.

Also, for what its worth (given how they are name dropped at the start of the guide), Stenhaldi is currently using Incarnation as well.

Could you point out exactly where it states this?  From everything that I can see, the guide lines up exactly with what you are saying (which is correct).

Guest Exar

Could you point out exactly where it states this?  From everything that I can see, the guide lines up exactly with what you are saying (which is correct).

My comment was submitted and awaiting moderation before the guide was updated last week, and is no longer relevant.

Guest DamnedQueen

1.1. Opening Sequence

Below, we list the ideal way to start the fight.

1. 5 seconds before the pull, cast wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch, if you are using the wow_icon_spell_druid_bloodythrash.jpg Bloodtalons talent.
  2. Immediately before the pull, use your Agility potion.
  3. Enter wow_icon_ability_druid_prowl.jpg Prowl.
  4. Once the boss is pulled, open your rotation with wow_icon_ability_druid_disembowel.jpg Rake.
  5. Cast wow_icon_spell_druid_incarnation.jpg Incarnation: King of the Jungle, if you are using this talent.
  6. Cast wow_icon_ability_druid_berserk.jpg Berserk.
  7. Continue with your normal rotation.

You can now use your Agility potion while stealthed/prowling, so it may be beneficial to switch steps one and two.

Guest Osito

Newbie question, why is rake higher prio than moonfire although they do the same damage (112% of ap) but mf does it over 14 secs rather than 15 secs (rake)

1.1. Opening Sequence

Below, we list the ideal way to start the fight.

1. 5 seconds before the pull, cast wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch, if you are using the wow_icon_spell_druid_bloodythrash.jpg Bloodtalons talent.
  2. Immediately before the pull, use your Agility potion.
  3. Enter wow_icon_ability_druid_prowl.jpg Prowl.
  4. Once the boss is pulled, open your rotation with wow_icon_ability_druid_disembowel.jpg Rake.
  5. Cast wow_icon_spell_druid_incarnation.jpg Incarnation: King of the Jungle, if you are using this talent.
  6. Cast wow_icon_ability_druid_berserk.jpg Berserk.
  7. Continue with your normal rotation.

You can now use your Agility potion while stealthed/prowling, so it may be beneficial to switch steps one and two.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm fixing it now :)

Newbie question, why is rake higher prio than moonfire although they do the same damage (112% of ap) but mf does it over 14 secs rather than 15 secs (rake)

The two have basically the same priority, the order doesn't really matter.

Guest Khalidah

So when are you fixing the stat priority ? Because everyone feels that haste is more needed as well as mastery unlike multistrike and versatility. So yeah, stop giving people fals things to lead with.

So when are you fixing the stat priority ? Because everyone feels that haste is more needed as well as mastery unlike multistrike and versatility. So yeah, stop giving people fals things to lead with.

Are you referring to a stat priority in particular? As you know, we list several depending on a few factors. Thanks!

Guest Thanks!

Thank you for all the work that went into this guide, I have been wondering what I was doing wrong as I thought my DPS should be higher (still good but not good enough).  I can now see I've been doing things wrong on so many levels.

Guest Guest

I was looking at the enchants and gems that are best for feral druids. In my head it was full crit gems and enchant. For the weapon I was either going to use Mark of the Frostwolf (mastery enchant) or mark of the Thunderlord (crit enchant) and I was surprised to see that the recommended enchant is the bleeding enchant and I was wondering why.

I went to look at Stenhaldi armory and he is using Mark of the Thunderlord ; I'm so confused right now

I was looking at the enchants and gems that are best for feral druids. In my head it was full crit gems and enchant. For the weapon I was either going to use Mark of the Frostwolf (mastery enchant) or mark of the Thunderlord (crit enchant) and I was surprised to see that the recommended enchant is the bleeding enchant and I was wondering why.

I went to look at Stenhaldi armory and he is using Mark of the Thunderlord ; I'm so confused right now

At lower gear levels, <670, the bleed enchant is slightly better.  As you get more gear, Mark of the Thunderlord becomes the best option.

You will have to simulate yourself to see which is better for you.

Guest Tervalas

I've been trying to do healing macro which works this way :

1 : Heal the target of the target

2 : heal the target

3 : heal me

I did this : 

#showtooltip spellname
/cast [target=targettarget][target=target][target=player] spellname

but only point 1 and 2 work

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Savage Ebony Battle Turtle is an upcoming promotion mount coming in Patch 10.2.7.
      The mount will be available in some sort of Promotion in the future.
      "The cannons are powered by an unquenchable rage to seek out enemies and bring them to justice. Nothing can outrun a cannon."

• By Staff
      The new War Within Allied Races was added to the Alpha today and we already have a full look at not only all their customization options, but their dances as well, courtesy of MrGM! You can check out the Earthen's racial abilities here if you missed them earlier. 
      Let's start with the more dynamic feature, with both male and female dances:
      And then there's big amount of customization options, as well as a size comparison with regular dwarves:

So, are we liking the new Allied Race overall? More than actual dwarves?
    • By Staff
      Here's a really cool possibility for the War Within, as a very subtle and mildly mysterious comment from Executive Producer and Vice President for WoW, Holly Longdale, may be hinting at our Warband characters getting a lot more involved in our travels! 
      First spotted by UlthansWrath, Longdale came up to Taliesin & Evitel at the recent London War Within Alpha press event and had a short chat about the Warband screen, when she casually said "wouldn't it be cool if those were the characters you took as your followers in your Follower Dungeons?" After the obvious confirmation from Taliesin and Evitel that, yes, yes it would be cool, she just said "hm" and that was the end of the conversation.
      Obviously this isn't any sort of official confirmation, but considering this is a really awesome idea, it seems likely Blizzard are at the very least discussing it, if not already working on it.

The Warband system is already great, and this would add a lot to it for players that choose to go solo into dungeons, as it would give them even more motivation to get some great characters in their Warband - even if it was just a cosmetic option.
      So, what do you think, will we be seeing this feature when the War Within launches?
    • By Starym
      We have quite a few Season 4 fixes today, with the LFR item level requirement, many item-related fixes, as well as some Season of Discovery improvements, and more!
      April 25 (Source)
      Classes
      Fixed a bug with damage dealt by Rip and Tear, Internal Combustion, and Tear Open Wounds in Awakened raids. Dungeons and Raids
      Raid Finder now required item level 463 if the raid is Awakened. Brackenhide Hollow Addressed an issue where Stinkbreath can turn while casting Stinkbreath. Addressed an issue where Wilted Oak’s Necrotic Breath visual can be out of sync with the creature’s facing. Items
      Veteran track items or items obtained from Awakened Outdoor Activities should now properly be able to be converted into Class Set items at the Revival Catalyst. Resolved multiple issues with Dragonflight Season 4 tier set items not functioning after equipping certain Season 3 set items. Dreambound gear caches from the Dreamsurge Coalesence vendor will now correctly award Season 4 Explorer 1/8 (item level 454 gear) and tokens will properly display the correct item level of its contents. Fixed an issue that prevented Tiered Medallion Setting from functioning on Season 4 necklaces. Fixed an issue preventing Season 4 crests from properly converting to their lower-tier currency. Quests
      “A Multi-Front Battle” can now be completed. Season of Discovery
      Using an Unconscious Dig Rat no longer dismisses pets. Mage Displacement no longer functions if the most recent use of Blink was on a different continent or in a different instance.
    • By Staff
      Affliction is getting plenty of changes today as well, with Blizzard detailing the reasoning behind certain choices.
      Affliction (Source)
      Greetings Warlocks,
      Today, we have various Core and Affliction tree changes hitting the Alpha. We want to take a moment to go a bit more in depth as to what certain changes were made and why. As a refresher, here are the goals for our Core and Afflictions that we posted last week along with some additional goals that we can dig into here.
      Class
      Ensure each capstone is interesting and exciting. Reduce the amount of throughput talents, to free up utility choices. Reduce the number of ranks for talents that don’t warrant multiple ranks. Affliction
      Address the tuning of Malefic Rapture in single-target and multi-target situations. Reduce complexity and the amount of active buttons that contribute to it. Erase the need to choose between a single-target or multi-target profile by adding more adaptability and flexibility. While we cannot go over every change here, we’d like to get a bit more detailed than last week’s update and explain some of the bigger changes coming in this build.
      Class Tree Throughput
      We’re removing a lot of throughput talents from the class tree to allow warlocks to pick up more utility without feeling forced to take mandatory talents to be competitive. These talents aren’t compelling options when placed against utility as they will always be the right answer to have. This allows us to move that power into the specialization trees and tailor throughput-centric talents to be specific to that specialization’s gameplay.
      Malefic Rapture
      In addition to becoming baseline for Affliction, we are introducing new talents that will help Malefic Rapture become the go-to spender for both single-target and multi-target situations. This should also shift Seed of Corruption to being a means to apply Corruption to multiple targets rather than what you spam in dungeons. In addition, we are redesigning Siphon Life to be friendlier to Affliction’s rotation and expect that its new design will make it easier to optimize Malefic Rapture.
      Affliction’s Adaptability
      While we do want Affliction warlocks to have a preferred talent setup for single- versus multi-target situations, we don’t want it to feel like they are powerless if they are in the opposite situation. By focusing on Malefic Rapture being Affliction’s main spender and removing talents that are only valuable in multi-target situations (Soul Flame, Soul Swap, Doom Blossom, etc.), we’re hoping that the Affliction tree feels less punishing to fill out.
      Is This It?
      Not at all. We expect to make changes based on feedback and our own playtesting. We want to get the ball rolling on changes we knew we want to make, so we could start the discussion early on and make adjustments before The War Within launches.
      Thank you all for the continued discussions and we look forward to your feedback!
      And here are the full changes from the development notes:
      Affliction (Source)
      Affliction Malefic Rapture is now baseline and has been removed from the Affliction tree. Unstable Affliction has been moved to row 1. Writhe in Agony has been moved to row 2. Absolute Corruption and Siphon Life have been moved to row 3. New Talent: Cunning Cruelty - Malefic Rapture has a chance to trigger a Shadow Bolt Volley, dealing damage to 5 enemies within 10 yards of your current target. New Talent: Summoner’s Embrace – Increases the damage dealt by your spells and your demon by 3%. New Talent: Death’s Embrace – Increases Drain Life healing by 30% while your health is at or below 35% health. Damage done by your Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Malefic Rapture is increased by 5% when your target is at or below 20% health. New Talent: Relinquished - Agony has 1.25 times the normal chance to generate a Soul Shard. New Talent: Improved Shadow Bolt - The cast time of Shadow Bolt is reduced by 15% and Shadow Bolt deals 20% increased damage. New Talent: Volatile Agony - Refreshing Agony with less than 10 seconds remaining deals Shadow damage to its target and enemies within 10 yards. New Talent: Summoner’s Embrace - Increases the damage dealt or life drained by your Shadow spells and your demon by 3%. New Talent: Malediction - The periodic critical strike chance of Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction is increased by 10%. New Talent: Contagion - Critical strike damage dealt by Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction is increased by 20%. New Talent: Cull the Weak - Malefic Rapture deals 5% increased damage for each enemy it hits. New Talent: Empowered Unstable Affliction - Reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 10/20% and damage dealt by Unstable Affliction has a 5/10% chance to generate a Soul Shard. New Talent: Oblivion - Unleash wicked magic upon your target’s soul, dealing Shadow damage over 3 sec. Deals 10% increased damage, up to 30%, per damage over time effect you have active on the target. Costs 2 Soul Shards. 45 sec cooldown. Siphon Life has been redesigned - Corruption deals 20% increased damage and heals you for 5% of the damage dealt. Kindled Malice has been redesigned - Malefic Rapture damage increased by 4/8%. Corruption damage increased by 10/20%. Malevolent Visionary has been redesigned – Increases the damage of your Darkglare by 70%. When Darkglare extends damage over time effects it also sears the target for Shadow damage. Shadow Embrace has been redesigned - [Shadow Bolt/Drain Soul] apply Shadow Embrace, increasing your damage dealt to the target by [4.0%/2.0%] for 16 sec. Stacks up to [2/4] times. Pandemic Invocation has been removed. Sow the Seeds has been removed. Soul Swap has been removed. Doom Blossom has been removed. Dread Touch has been removed. Soul Flame has been removed. Agonizing Corruption has been removed. Seized Vitality has been removed. Soul-Eater’s Gluttony has been removed. Grand Warlock’s Design has been removed. Grim Reach has been removed. Xavius’ Gambit has been moved to row 6. Withering Bolt has been moved to row 8. Shadow Embrace has been moved to row 7. Inevitable Demise has been moved to row 6. Tormented Crescendo has been moved to row 7. Sacrolash’s Dark Strike has been moved to row 5. Grimoire of Sacrifice has been moved to column 4. Creeping Death has been moved to column 3. Dark Virtuosity has been moved to column 1. Malevolent Visionary has been moved to row 10. Summon Darkglare has been moved to row 9.