Topic Details

Fist of Fury usage

4 replies to this topic Started by Argonauts, Oct 01 2012 08:22 AM monk FoF windwalker fist of fury
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Argonauts
  • Argonauts
  • Worker
As I understand RSK has the highest priority, and the next is FOF assuming ur maintaining ur 3 stacks, so for is basically only to be used when rsk is on cd plus y can actually channel it leading to it being actually not that used was wondering if say I had only 2sec to RSK coming off cd would it be better to just BOkick jab and rsk ,than bothering using for , personally for is like one of the iconic wibdwalker skills and still so underused , really seems like a terrible design as of now

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Xiashen
  • Xiashen
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
If the RSK debuff is already on the target and not in danger of falling off during FOF, you have your 3 stacks of TP, AND you have your BOK DoT on your current target, use FOF. I generally use it on trash pulls in Heroics when I go in as DPS because it's 5 seconds of stun (helping the tank keep free of some damage). I also use it on bosses (with the same conditions) because on single targets, the damage is very good (58k+ crits, and I have had all 5 strikes crit). Basically, I treat it as a chi dump as long as I've used my other abilities correctly.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Bently
  • Bently
  • Peasant
You also have to weigh the risk of needing to stop the FoF early due to boss movement, mechanics, etc. After DPS-ing a few bosses down in Heart of Fear last night, I can see that maybe the second boss and 1-2 pieces of the first boss offer a lot of opportunity to use FoF to its fullest extent. The incoming changes to TP stacks will be a huge help in freeing time to use this more often.
Posted Image

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Argonauts
  • Argonauts
  • Worker
Ya been using fof as a dump when all debuffs are up , good to know u guys have a similar view.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Bently
  • Bently
  • Peasant
After clearing HoF normal last week while Windwalking, I noticed that many of the fights are not conducive to FoF usage. Picked up a couple of tips along the way though: 1) Vizier has a massive hit box, and using FoF immediately after an attenuation or as a way of stunning MC-ed players (along with Leg Sweep) has been helpful 2) You're far better off sticking on Garalon's body rather than his legs as moving from leg to leg, while easy for a monk, results in very limited FoF use. I opted to stick on the body, but move into Weak Zones and cleave FoF on the leg & boss when it was convenient. 3) Ambershaper is generally very bad for FoF, but using it to cleave the construct and boss in P1 as well as the construct and monstrosity in P2 has been working well. 4) Most uniquely, offer to split yourself from the other melee on Empress P2, and spec Leg Sweep to use FoF stun and Sweep to massively cut down on the second tank's dmg intake. In 10m normal we put me and the OT on one side, and the rest of the raid killing the other side, and performance/survivability increased dramatically. Hope that helps anyone in HoF!
Posted Image

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users